Options

Are we forgetting the Ten Club Single?

Comments

• Options
    ShanKathyShanKathy Edmonton, Alberta Posts: 308
    PJ_Soul said:
    jniko said:
    Baggage handlers stole my luggage tag.  Hot commodity.  Don’t diss the tag
    It probably just fell off. Many people experienced that problem, unfortunately. Sounds like you need to crazy glue the fasteners on those things.
    I like my tags but that plastic strap was useless. My tag fell off my luggage just loading it in the car trunk. Use a thin covered pony tail elastic, loop it through the tag and then loop that combo around the luggage handle. Cheap and effective.
  • Options
    brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635
    Enzed said:
    jeffbr said:
    As long as 10c continues their awesome communication around this single, these threads will continue to pop up. 10c could quell the discussion or uncertainty any time they choose. A simple, non-snarky update with a couple of details and these threads wouldn't exist.
    Absolutely.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,831
    ShanKathy said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    jniko said:
    Baggage handlers stole my luggage tag.  Hot commodity.  Don’t diss the tag
    It probably just fell off. Many people experienced that problem, unfortunately. Sounds like you need to crazy glue the fasteners on those things.
    I like my tags but that plastic strap was useless. My tag fell off my luggage just loading it in the car trunk. Use a thin covered pony tail elastic, loop it through the tag and then loop that combo around the luggage handle. Cheap and effective.
    show me one of the "free gifts" that come with being analog that isn't poorly produced. I have given away the shirts and luggage tags. the tags looked and felt to me like a cheap children's toy. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,141
    edited October 2017
    mace1229 said:
    Zod said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    hsohi said:
    No one forgot about it, we just don’t expect it anymore.
    I paid for it, so I definitely expect it. If we don't get it, I'll expect a partial refund of my 2016 membership fee.
    Totally agree. At some point I feel they have to, they sold the $40 membership by advertising an annual single.
    For anyone who doesn't expect it anymore, why do you still pay the $40 then? 
    I agree.  If they do want to discontinue them all I ask is a heads up.   It's the only reason I keep paying $30 extra for analog.   Honour the commitments for money already received (2017 and 2018), and give people an advance warning they won't be included in future memberships.

I think many of us would simply go to the digital memberships.   That had me thinking.  I wonder if the 10c makes any revenue from the additional $20/$30 they get from analog memberships, or if just breaks even.  If it they do earn money from it, and it helps with funding ongoing operations, I could see why they are hesitant to drop the Christmas singles.

I can't see how they don't turn at least an extra $10 each. The 7" singles sell for under $10, and the "Free" shirt has got to be fairly inexpensive. I'd be surprised if they don't pocket at least half of that extra $20 spent on analog fees.
    True, but they also have pay people to bring them into the warehouse, put them in mailers, and cover the shipping.   I would think a vinyl, a tshirt, and two separate postage charges would come close to $20 (or $30 for international orders).  

I
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Zod said:
    mace1229 said:
    Zod said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    hsohi said:
    I paid for it, so I definitely expect it. If we don't get it, I'll expect a partial refund of my 2016 membership fee.
    Totally agree. At some point I feel they have to, they sold the $40 membership by advertising an annual single.
    I agree.  If they do want to discontinue them all I ask is a heads up.   It's the only reason I keep paying $30 extra for analog.   Honour the commitments for money already received (2017 and 2018), and give people an advance warning they won't be included in future memberships.

I think many of us would simply go to the digital memberships.   That had me thinking.  I wonder if the 10c makes any revenue from the additional $20/$30 they get from analog memberships, or if just breaks even.  If it they do earn money from it, and it helps with funding ongoing operations, I could see why they are hesitant to drop the Christmas singles.

I can't see how they don't turn at least an extra $10 each. The 7" singles sell for under $10, and the "Free" shirt has got to be fairly inexpensive. I'd be surprised if they don't pocket at least half of that extra $20 spent on analog fees.
    True, but they also have pay people to bring them into the warehouse, put them in mailers, and cover the shipping.   I would think a vinyl, a tshirt, and two separate postage charges would come close to $20 (or $30 for international orders).  

I

Don't forget the physical copy of Deep magazine...
    printing costs for these can't be cheap!!
    We also get a bootleg code too... 
    $40 still seems like a GREAT deal to me!!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    derbydave said:
    Zod said:
    mace1229 said:
    Zod said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    hsohi said:

I

I wish the boot code worked for flac.  I still buy physical copies for shows I attended, and don't often use my code as I would have to pay $5 to upgrade (which is nothing other than me being cheap).

For me I don't really use the code, the shirt, or the free item.  They make a digital copy of the magazine which I'm pretty content with.  It's really only the Christmas Single that has me shelling out the higher price point.   I think the older membership system which was basically digital + single/newsletter was pretty good.   If they could cut out the tshirt/gift and knock off $10 I wouldn't complain :)
  • Options
    derbydave said:
    Zod said:
    mace1229 said:
    Zod said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    hsohi said:

I

It's is a great deal when you get what you pay for 
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    hsohi said:
    Good question. I might just go digital next year then buy the single when it hits the shop a year after its release
  • Options
    derbydave said:
    Zod said:
    mace1229 said:
    Zod said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    hsohi said:

I

I've ALWAYS got what I paid for.
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    derbydave said:
    derbydave said:
    Zod said:
    mace1229 said:
    Zod said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    hsohi said:

I

Not this year...
  • Options
    derbydave said:
    derbydave said:
    Zod said:
    mace1229 said:
    Zod said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    hsohi said:

I

Not this year...

It will get here when it gets here...
    this band has always done things their own way and I don't see that changing anytime soon!!

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,935
    edited October 2017
    Just change or cancel your membership . I changed mine when i couldn't see the point in a shit t shirt that looked like it said ANAL on it. And didn't get deep or a single for ages ,if at all.. Next step im not renewing at all. ive had my fair share of let downs and trouble on here.  Im beginning to think i no longer belong.oh well peace. And good health.
    Rob
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,771
    derbydave said:
    derbydave said:
    derbydave said:
    Zod said:
    mace1229 said:
    Zod said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    hsohi said:

I

Not this year...

this band has always done things their own way and I don't see that changing anytime soon!!

Truer words have never been typed.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    derbydave said:
    derbydave said:
    derbydave said:
    Zod said:
    mace1229 said:
    Zod said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    hsohi said:

I

Not this year...

so their fanbase should just accept them not giving a shit, is essentially what you are saying here. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    derbydave said:
    derbydave said:
    derbydave said:
    Zod said:
    mace1229 said:
    Zod said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    hsohi said:

I

Not this year...

so their fanbase should just accept them not giving a shit, is essentially what you are saying here. 

Perhaps it's all that AMT exposure Hugh, but I don't think you're going to get anyone to see your side. The back and forth between the "let things be" and the "this is unacceptable" is just going to rage on. I mean, do these things die down when someone acknowledges the other side? What is the goal of all of this anyway? 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    derbydave said:
    derbydave said:
    derbydave said:
    Zod said:
    mace1229 said:
    Zod said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    hsohi said:

I

Not this year...

Perhaps it's all that AMT exposure Hugh, but I don't think you're going to get anyone to see your side. The back and forth between the "let things be" and the "this is unacceptable" is just going to rage on. I mean, do these things die down when someone acknowledges the other side? What is the goal of all of this anyway? 
    I honestly go back and forth on this. I ping pong between not giving a rat's ass and being slightly annoyed by it. I mean, it's a single. it's not the be-all end-all of my life. But it annoys me when anyone on this forum asks about it, all the "who cares?" people get all high and mighty and snarky about it, telling them to get a life and whatnot. that's part of what gets people riled up. 

another part is the communication of 10C. there's never any info, and when there is a morsel of info (have your addresses up to date by August!) it gets peoples' hopes up, and then crickets. That was 2 or 3 months ago. Nothing. maybe 10C doesn't know. that's fine. then say so. 

the third part of it, and I know people disagree with this, is that this is a PAID MEMBERSHIP. when I pay for a membership, I expect to get what I'm promised with my dues. Yes, it's $50 a year, that's not much, $4 a month, blah blah blah, but when I pay for my rolling stone subscription, which is half that, and an issue doesn't come, which amounts to a few bucks, should I just say "you know what? I've enjoyed this magazine for years, they've given me so many good articles, they don't owe me shit, plus it's only $3". YES. THEY. DO. they owe me what I paid. people counter with "but you WILL get it". Will I? we don't know that. we should have had it in our hands 10 months ago. saying 'it's always been this way, you shouldn't be surprised" is not acceptable to me. and my 2016 membership was paid for how long ago? I actually didn't get what I paid for in the time frame I paid for it. 

from everyone talking about memberships with other bands, not one that I have ever seen is like this. All of their shit is on time. and if it isn't, they don't have some snarky warehouse guy telling people to screw off and go join another fan club or buy it on the secondary market if you don't like it.  

couple that with the fact that they toured so little this year, they could have banged this out last January. easily. 

pressing plant backlog also is not an excuse. "hey, Jack (White), can you press this for us this one time? we're a little behind this year". "sure Mike, no problem, you want me to play slide on one of the tracks?". problem solved. 

people keep saying "well they are probably waiting because of the Murphy's set". Um, maybe that should have been the 2017 single then?

it's not the AMT exposure Chris. If I seem riled up, I'm not. sometimes that's how it seems in the printed word. But I honestly don't think about it that much. I started a thread months ago asking for an update, and that was that. someone else starts a thread, because they aren't here every day like some of us, don't use the precious (shitty) search feature, and they get jumped all over like they're wasting all of our time. 

it's no wonder so many people post here so infrequently. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

I just find it interesting to see how bent out of shape some people get over a $10.00 vinyl single release from a fan club.
    This goes on EVERY year & nothing is ever accomplished by starting all these complaint laced threads.

• Options
    derbydave said:

I just find it interesting to see how bent out of shape some people get over a $10.00 vinyl single release from a fan club.
    This goes on EVERY year & nothing is ever accomplished by starting all these complaint laced threads.

but 9/10 of them don't start out as "complaining" threads. they are threads merely asking for information, and 7/10 of them the first few responses are sarcastic and dismissive. 

more people get bent out of shape about the reactions from the "who cares" crowd than the single itself. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    derbydave said:

but 9/10 of them don't start out as "complaining" threads. they are threads merely asking for information, and 7/10 of them the first few responses are sarcastic and dismissive. 

more people get bent out of shape about the reactions from the "who cares" crowd than the single itself. 

YUP...
    we're starting class action lawsuits because of the "who cares" crowd!!! :rofl:

I'm good with waiting for the single to get here whenever it arrives.

• Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,389
    edited October 2017
    It is just odd and annoying to some that they can’t update paying members formally. 

I am cool with the secretive nature of the Ten Club/Pearl Jam operations... but not when they have my money for something and no communication relating to it.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    I've come to expect the single be late.  I'm not sure if that's a good thing.  It would be awesome if 10c communicated better, but it's rarely been their style.  If you've been in the 10c long enough you get used to it :)
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Do people honestly still join just for the single? The access to tickets is probably the biggest perk, and even that isn’t something of a deal breaker. I like Pearl Jam. I want to support things the band supports. So I join the fan club. That’s the extent of it for me. 
  • Options
    Do people honestly still join just for the single? The access to tickets is probably the biggest perk, and even that isn’t something of a deal breaker. I like Pearl Jam. I want to support things the band supports. So I join the fan club. That’s the extent of it for me. 
    There's the two membership levels.  If you just want access to tickets then you go digital.  I only get analog for the single.  Otherwise I'd just go with digital. 

I think paying dues to the 10c only supports the 10c?  I imagine they use the money to run their operations.  Pay staff, pay leases on their facilities, maintenance, supplies etc....
  • Options
    wiscojamwiscojam Appleton Posts: 301
    ski-bum said:
    Proud of my luggage tags.

Um, was I supposed to get luggage tags in addition to my 2015 analog membership t-shirt or was this a separate purchase?  
  • Options
    wiscojam said:
    ski-bum said:
    Proud of my luggage tags.

Um, was I supposed to get luggage tags in addition to my 2015 analog membership t-shirt or was this a separate purchase?  
    There was a year or two where there was a choice.  You could choose the shirt or tags (I think they gave you a code you could use to choose one of the two items).
  • Options
    The really funny part about all this is when the membership levels split and costs went up it was to help solidify a better ticket buying experience.......and then they went to lottery.  Burn!
  • Options
    iI was digital for a year. Then I found I missed the physical copy of deep and the physical single, so I went back to anal dog. Yes, I know, i could get both of those on ebay if I wanted to wait, but I'd rather not deal with something that may never come or might end up being a ripoff.  

although, at this point, the same could be said about this method. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    edited October 2017
    I went digital for the first time in 2017 because of this kind of thing. But I still paid for analog in 2016, and yes, I paid that extra $30 CAD specifically to get the single and Deep mag. That is the only reason anyone pays extra for the analog membership. That, and a bad t-shirt or some stickers, and a digital boot that we can all get for free elsewhere. So if we're spending that much, then we should expect get those things. I really don't understand how anyone can blame people for expecting to get what they paid for.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    We will get it when we get it.  Other than Wishing Well last year the singles have been a major let down for the past few years IMO.  The problem I have with these threads is the bitching and complaining will go from where the hell is the single to being upset that its not a new studio release or its another duet with Beyonce.  With how much money we spend on other shit on here is $40 for a yearly membership really that bad?  Yes the single is late as always but we will get it eventually.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
This discussion has been closed.