Options

Are we forgetting the Ten Club Single?

maxferlmaxferl Quebec City Posts: 118
With all the energy around LP2, the albums reissue. We still waiting for the Ten Club single. What’s going on. I don’t remember being that long.

Comments

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited October 2017
    This is probably the 10th thread about it.  Archives are your friend.  

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/256612/2016-single/p1

2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Hoping for the something special.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Hoping for the something special.
    Me too H! I have a feeling it will be worth the wait. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,765
    Every time a person starts a thread about the fanclub single a vinyl production facility closes.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    No.  But they are. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,122
    This thing has been late pretty much every year except 1 recent year. I don't even think about it, when it comes I spin it and enjoy it

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,102
    I don't think we're the ones that forgot it :)
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    As long as 10c continues their awesome communication around this single, these threads will continue to pop up. 10c could quell the discussion or uncertainty any time they choose. A simple, non-snarky update with a couple of details and these threads wouldn't exist.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    Zod said:
    I don't think we're the ones that forgot it :)

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 479
    jeffbr said:
    As long as 10c continues their awesome communication around this single, these threads will continue to pop up. 10c could quell the discussion or uncertainty any time they choose. A simple, non-snarky update with a couple of details and these threads wouldn't exist.
    Absolutely.
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    I'd appreciate an update for the Anthology book and Do The Evolution book too.  Both have been delayed without any communication to customers. 
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,598
    CopperTom said:
    I'd appreciate an update for the Anthology book and Do The Evolution book too.  Both have been delayed without any communication to customers. 
    Do the Evolution has nothing to do with Ten Club.  

Any questions you have would be better sent via email or phone call.  
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,140
    No more singles, band’s just not into it anymore.  Those who paid for 2016 and 2017 get an extra luggage tag and one single from the shop, their choice.  Apologies from the band.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    No more singles, band’s just not into it anymore.  Those who paid for 2016 and 2017 get an extra luggage tag and one single from the shop, their choice.  Apologies from the band.
    I'm ok if they want to stop it, but it should be going forward.    I think most people buy the analog membership to get the single.   I don't think it's the tshirts and luggage tags getting people to buy the Analog membership.   I'm ok if they discontinue the single, but I'd go straight to digital :)
  • Options
    ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    Proud of my luggage tags.

9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • Options
    jnikojniko Posts: 292
    Baggage handlers stole my luggage tag.  Hot commodity.  Don’t diss the tag
  • Options
    I heard the single this year is actually going to be a demo of the complete forthcoming album that hasn't been announced yet.
  • Options
    Communication is the key.
    We are fed what they want to feed us.
    Nothing more
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    No one forgot about it, we just don’t expect it anymore.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    edited October 2017
    Guys they haven't played a show in 15 months, who s got time to get together and talk about a Christmas single?
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,993
    jeffbr said:
    But didn't they tell us to make sure our address is up to date about 6 months ago? That's a good enough "update" to finish out the year I would think.
  • Options
    Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,747
    I’m cool with that. I got 3 naked bags, need tags!!
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Options
    Anyone know how many members there are? Got to be a lot.
    If they did that, they'd have to drop the $40 option. No one (or very few) would pay $40 just for membership fees of a fan club for a band that may tour once every 5 years. This has got to be a sweet cash flow for them, would be giving up a lot to admit they aren't doing it anymore and drop it.
    They'll just continue to half-ass it and take our $40.
  • Options
    jniko said:
    Baggage handlers stole my luggage tag.  Hot commodity.  Don’t diss the tag
    It probably just fell off. Many people experienced that problem, unfortunately. Sounds like you need to crazy glue the fasteners on those things.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    hsohi said:
    I paid for it, so I definitely expect it. If we don't get it, I'll expect a partial refund of my 2016 membership fee.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    hsohi said:
    I paid for it, so I definitely expect it. If we don't get it, I'll expect a partial refund of my 2016 membership fee.
    Totally agree. At some point I feel they have to, they sold the $40 membership by advertising an annual single.
    For anyone who doesn't expect it anymore, why do you still pay the $40 then? 
  • Options
    ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    ski-bum said:
    Proud of my luggage tags.

I'll sell mine.
    $500
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    hsohi said:
    Totally agree. At some point I feel they have to, they sold the $40 membership by advertising an annual single.
    I agree.  If they do want to discontinue them all I ask is a heads up.   It's the only reason I keep paying $30 extra for analog.   Honour the commitments for money already received (2017 and 2018), and give people an advance warning they won't be included in future memberships.

I think many of us would simply go to the digital memberships.   That had me thinking.  I wonder if the 10c makes any revenue from the additional $20/$30 they get from analog memberships, or if just breaks even.  If it they do earn money from it, and it helps with funding ongoing operations, I could see why they are hesitant to drop the Christmas singles.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Zod said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    hsohi said:
    I agree.  If they do want to discontinue them all I ask is a heads up.   It's the only reason I keep paying $30 extra for analog.   Honour the commitments for money already received (2017 and 2018), and give people an advance warning they won't be included in future memberships.

I think many of us would simply go to the digital memberships.   That had me thinking.  I wonder if the 10c makes any revenue from the additional $20/$30 they get from analog memberships, or if just breaks even.  If it they do earn money from it, and it helps with funding ongoing operations, I could see why they are hesitant to drop the Christmas singles.

I would just kill my membership. Sure, I'd go through the AMT withdrawal stage, but I'd get through it I'm sure. And I might even get some work done. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    Zod said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    hsohi said:

I can't see how they don't turn at least an extra $10 each. The 7" singles sell for under $10, and the "Free" shirt has got to be fairly inexpensive. I'd be surprised if they don't pocket at least half of that extra $20 spent on analog fees.
This discussion has been closed.