Options

RSD Black Friday 2017

2»

Comments

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,934
    Eh, it won't be impossible, but it will take some effort and many people will end up empty handed.

• Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    My store only ordered one Dave & Tim. He says anytime he orders more than one box set, he's not able to sell it. He ordered two Poncier though, on my request. Didn't even know what it was until I told him, lol. 
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    My store only ordered one Dave & Tim. He says anytime he orders more than one box set, he's not able to sell it. He ordered two Poncier though, on my request. Didn't even know what it was until I told him, lol. 
    Man I’m jealous.  The place here in town gets like 20 of everything and it all sells.  For regular rsd I’ve waited from 3am and I’m like 15 people back before.  So tired of that crap, I’d like to just buy what I want to buy and be done with it!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Man I’m jealous.  The place here in town gets like 20 of everything and it all sells.  For regular rsd I’ve waited from 3am and I’m like 15 people back before.  So tired of that crap, I’d like to just buy what I want to buy and be done with it!
    These last few RSD's my two shops have had everything I wanted whether it be a DMB release, LCD soundsystem, PJ, Bowie, whatever.  It's been there and I don't line up at 5am anymore.  I go when the doors open an hour before.  

Most people aren't going for the same things which is crazy.  I see more people clamoring for GD stuff than anything!
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Yeah, but when they order only one, I have to be there at 5am to get it. The owner knows that I'll buy one, but can't guarantee anyone else will. And in MN, where the weather in both April and November can be unpredictable. It's always fun though, chatting with others in line. It goes quick usually.

But I can't complain when I can be first in line at 5 and you are 15 back at 3am! If it were that early here I would either line up the night before or just check the Bull Moose website the Monday after. 
  • Options
    DW139059DW139059 Posts: 353
    Theres a handfull of things Id be interested in for this years RSDBF, but if I missed them all, I dont think Id care overly much.  Ive really started only focusing on things I havent heard before, rather than just a vinyl re-release, or something old in a new color, or pic disc, etc... Helps thin the want list pretty quickly... ;)  Last year I was able to go to the record shop and pick up everything I wanted, except the Alice In Chains, on Sunday.  No fuss.
    Charlotte '96
    Raleigh '03
    Charlotte '13
    Cincinnati '14
    Greenville '16, Columbia '16
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    First RSD here in KC after going to so many in Portland and Austin over the years. Looking forward to it even if there’s nothing I’m itching to get. Will be fun to go with my brother in law; that lives right across the street from a great KC store!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:
    garland09 said:
    Any help with the Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds would be greatly appreciated.
    Not sure if you know or not but it will be available in black after BFRSD. I do like the colors myself.
    W 3000 copies this should be easy to get.
    I agree. The price of the Red Rocks set stagnated pretty quickly and LiveTrax 5 is still readily available in stores. I think 2,500 copies were available of each and this release is 3,000; so although I want it, I’m not making a big stink about spending the day in line.
  • Options
    jazzbo26jazzbo26 Framingham, MA Posts: 674

Walked into store at 8am when they were allowed to start selling the RSD titles. Had everything I wanted except Preservation Hall which I replaced with Cheap Trick Xmas. Should have my head examined for paying 16.99 for GCJr single, but I have all of his stuff and I’m kind of a completist. I may go back this weekend and grab the other 2 Poncier 12” colors if they still have them.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,603
    Lots of everything at the store I frequent.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
    I work today so no RSD for me.  I'll call my favorite record store guy tomorrow and hope, hope, hope he still has a copy of the Albert Ayler/ Don Cherry LP to hold for me.  
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    I decided to pass & save some $. That being said, I wish I would've went.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Nothing tickled my fancy.....
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Skipped RSD.....blew money on ps4 games and security cameras :lol:
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    I always hate spending so much money on myself so close to Christmas... but I fight through it.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I bought some more bitcoin....
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Got that Dave & Tim set and the Jerry Garcia.  Haven’t listened to the Jerry yet but the Dave Matthews one is great as always.  Kind of annoying that some of the sides have 2 freaking songs but I’m glad I picked it up.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,402
    Just picked up Neil Young - Harvest Moon.