Options

Taking a knee now in Europe

I've just seen that a german team in the top division all knelt before the game in a show of togetherness and awareness. Just thought it was pretty cool
brixton 93
astoria 06
albany 06
hartford 06
reading 06
barcelona 06
paris 06
wembley 07
dusseldorf 07
nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -

Comments

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    shouldn't you have posted this in the idiot thread?
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,892
    edited October 2017
    Whenever i post anywhere people say errr do you think you should put this in another thread. So thought fuck it put it in its own.thanks for you wise input. Tip of the cap sir
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    pjhawks said:
    Why would it go there?
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    this could be the start of something beautiful
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Did it gave anything to do with the original message it was it anti govt in some way?

I wondered if other sports might start to do this to try and make their own statements.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Did it gave anything to do with the original message it was it anti govt in some way?

I wondered if other sports might start to do this to try and make their own statements.
    Their statement was that they were kneeling in solidarity against racial injustice.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    I think its great to see and the prick that thought this belongs elsewhere IS the problem. Ignorant dotard hahah
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    For a better Berlin and world in general.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,539
    pjhawks said:
    This thread no
    Your post yes
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,687
    I think it's great that people in other countries are speaking out (or kneeling down) against racism.  I'm surprised some have a problem witht his thread.  Sorry to hear that. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    i'd like all you guys to go into work tomorrow and in the middle of a meeting take a knee. let's see how that goes over in your work place.  Protests don't belong in the work place.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    i'd like all you guys to go into work tomorrow and in the middle of a meeting take a knee. let's see how that goes over in your work place.  Protests don't belong in the work place.
    i can't remember having to stand for the national anthem in my office.  but, my memory isn't so good anymore.  
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:
    pjhawks said:
    i can't remember having to stand for the national anthem in my office.  but, my memory isn't so good anymore.  
    no but the bosses makes the rules. that's one of the rules of their office. 
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    vaggar99 said:
    pjhawks said:
    no but the bosses makes the rules. that's one of the rules of their office. 
    There's no rule against kneeling during the anthem.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    pjhawks said:
    If I explained why I was doing it, my workplace would be pretty supportive. In fact, probably lots of people would join me, because I generally work with good people who are against institutional racism. 

Weird comparison, though. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    ^^^^ well said and just to clarify there was no anthem involved in Germany it was just a show of togetherness which is very welcome anywhere and everywhere in my eyes. It says a lot about some people that they have a problem with it.  Here everyone wears a poppy in memory of all the fallen soldiers and innocent victims of war. And believe it or not  at work . In sport. Everywhere. So thats being an idiot??? Please clarify how ?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Its like saying hide your true beliefs and who you are and what you stand for because you have a job and to to work.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    edited October 2017
    No no no no no, Does anyone remember history?
    It was the Brits initially who brought Africans to North America on those hideous slave ships in the first place.  Not American idealism. So kneeling during America's anthem in England and then standing for Britain's Anthem is sheer ignorance.  Columbus was trying to escape oppression but oppression kind of followed him here from back over there.
    Post edited by RYME on
  • Options
    RYME said:
    It was the Brits initially who brought Africans to North America on those hideous slave ships in the first place.  Not American idealism. So kneeling during America's anthem in England and then standing for Britain's Anthem is sheer ignorance.  Columbus was trying to escape oppression but oppression kind of followed him here from back over there.
    Wow dude, you accusing them of ignorance??
    You ought to stick to the Bible, your historical knowledge is alllllll wrong.
    First of all, it was a German team that kneeled.
    Second, it was the Portuguese who started the African slave trade and the Dutch who first brought African slaves to the Americas.
    Third, it was Columbus who recommended bringing African slaves as the local populations weren't working out as efficient slaves due to the decimation of the local population by disease and torturous mistreatment under Columbus's supervision.
    Fourth, Columbus brought an African personal slave with him, and reveled in the easy enslavement of the locals, so to say he was fleeing oppression is just flat wrong, and a dangerously whitewashed perspective.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    RYME said:

I can only assume this post is sarcasm.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    RYME said:

Thank you yes sarcasm. Didn't mean to start a fire storm. ;)
  • Options
    I think it's great that people in other countries are speaking out (or kneeling down) against racism.  I'm surprised some have a problem witht his thread.  Sorry to hear that. 
    pjhawks said:
    No problem!

C:  "Umm, Brian, what are you doing?"
    Brian:  "Well, dear, I'm taking a knee."
    C:  "Oh!  OK."
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    edited October 2017
    RYME said:
    COLUMBUS??

Trader sailed a jeweled crown
    Humanity rowed the way
    Exploring to command more land
    Scheming how to rule the waves.
    Trader spied a virgin plain
    And named it for velvet robes
    Wrote home declaring,
    "There's a place
    Where totally folks are free
    (Happily completely)
    Nourishment fills the prairies and the hillsides
    And animals stalk the mountains and the seaside
    And fish abound the lakes and birds the skies
    Signed sincerely."

Trader found the jeweled land
    Was occupied before he came
    By humans of a second look
    Who couldn't even write their names (shit!)
    Trader said they're not as good
    As folks who wear velvet robes
    Wrote home again and asked, "Please help
    Their breasts I see; they're not like me
    Banish them from our prairies and our hillsides
    Clear them from our mountains and our seaside
    I want them off our lakes so please reply
    Signed sincerely.

Trader he got the crown okay
    Cleared humanity from his way
    He civilized all he saw
    Making changes every single day say
    Shops sprang over the prairies and the hillsides
    Then roads cut through the mountains to the seaside
    The other kind fled to hide, by and by,
    And so sincerely
    Cried."

-Carl Wilson

Post edited by brianlux on

• Options
    RYME said:
    RYME said:

Thank you yes sarcasm. Didn't mean to start a fire storm. ;)
    That went right over my head lol
    Sorry, my bad.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    pjhawks said:
    Funny, I don’t recall reading that disclaimer in the text of the First Amendment.

Apparently you’ve never heard of unions, either.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    Can I pray five times a day in the work place?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    pjhawks said:
    Can I pray five times a day in the work place?
    you can, but unless you are praying to Jesus, you are still going to hell
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,232
    pjhawks said:
    Sorry, terrible comparison. More like if you kneeled in the parking lot or when you got in your office first thing (If the anthem is played I guess because what other thing would compare at your job). Who gives a shit? An employee of mine (union worker mind you) thought they shouldn't be allowed to kneel because they're on the job and went off about what if he kneeled. I told him sure, go ahead and kneel the next time you start your shift. We don't play the anthem, but find an equivalent time and go for it if that's what you believe in. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Fyi all the countries that make up Britain have their own anthem. Anytime anyone calls sarcasm after they realise they are wrong always stinks.Berlin is a very multi cultural city
     So many nationalities live there, so i totally get the logic. Many Turkish,African,European call it home.Great idea to bring the people together rather than separate them . Quite what'British' has to do with a german football team has to do with anything is beyond me!
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07