Options

Sister Double Happiness

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,682
Any fans here?  Their first album on SST is great.

One of my favorite live numbers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAeeUzGowK0

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,883
    Great band. I was able to see them quite a few times live. Singer was also in legendary Texas band the Dicks.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Great band. I was able to see them quite a few times live. Singer was also in legendary Texas band the Dicks.
    lexicondevil , great that you got to see them.  I believe I would have dug seeing them as well.  Plus, I read they were better known for their live performances than there records.  Do you know if they put out any good live stuff?

Yeah, the Dicks were great too.

And of course Gary Floyd, man, what a singer.

Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Whoa! This is one of the last bands I'd expect to come here and see a thread about!  I saw them several times between '92-'94, great live band!  I don't know much at all though about their recordings.  Wow what a blast from the past!
  • Options
    JH6056 said:
    Whoa! This is one of the last bands I'd expect to come here and see a thread about!  I saw them several times between '92-'94, great live band!  I don't know much at all though about their recordings.  Wow what a blast from the past!
    Another fan, cool!

• Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,883
    brianlux said:
    lexicondevil , great that you got to see them.  I believe I would have dug seeing them as well.  Plus, I read they were better known for their live performances than there records.  Do you know if they put out any good live stuff?

I've never seen live recordings. I'm sure there must be boots on the net somewhere.
    They were great live. It's funny that I didn't even realize the singer was Gary back then. It would be awesome of they did a reunion. I know the Dicks did a while ago.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    brianlux said:

I've never seen live recordings. I'm sure there must be boots on the net somewhere.
    They were great live. It's funny that I didn't even realize the singer was Gary back then. It would be awesome of they did a reunion. I know the Dicks did a while ago.
    Yeah, a reunion would be great! 

If I come across any live cuts I'll post them here.

• Options
    I've gotta put this up again because the old link is no good but THIS... IS... GOOD!!!

• Options
    Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,345
    Awesome!  Thanks for posting that. Heart and Mind is a great, great album. I got to see them several times back in ‘91-‘92. 
  • Options
    Awesome!  Thanks for posting that. Heart and Mind is a great, great album. I got to see them several times back in ‘91-‘92

Wow- terrific!  I was living in rural Washington at the time so didn't get the chance.  Would have loved to have seen them!