Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,522
    edited September 2017
    I read that geologists and seismologists said yesterday that the two earthquakes are completely unrelated.... :confused:

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    I read that geologists and seismologists said yesterday that the two earthquakes are completely unrelated....
    I combined the two, not the seismologists, but the second article will touch on that too.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,522
    edited September 2017
    Is your concern that donations aren't being gathered up due to lack of attention? I have noticed that TV news coverage on my local channels is really light on it (I don't get any US news networks so can't comment on that), maybe because of the Hurricane Maria. I can't say I know why .... perhaps because the places with all the hurricane damage are way more fucked, despite more deaths in Mexico? I don't know.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Is your concern that donations aren't being gathered up due to lack of attention? I have noticed that TV news coverage on my local channels is really light on it (I don't get any US news networks so can't comment on that), maybe because of the Hurricane Maria. I can't say I know why .... perhaps because the places with all the hurricane damage are way more fucked, despite more deaths in Mexico? I don't know.
    My thoughts too.  Little coverage here also.  Once a tropical storm pops up that's all I hear about.

I'll be vigilant with this topic and when donations are needed I will share a link.
  • Options
    Guess we are going to need to build a stronger wall.

Anyhow - I cannot even imagine how awful it is to be buried under concrete/etc.  It is such an terrible thing to go through.  I wish the best for all and hope those that experience loss find peace.  Sad.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,687
    PJ_Soul said:
    My thoughts too.  Little coverage here also.  Once a tropical storm pops up that's all I hear about.

I'll be vigilant with this topic and when donations are needed I will share a link.
    Same here- minimal coverage and this is California for cryin' out loud.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,819
    I was just watching CNN and it's non stop of 3 topics: Robert Mueller, Hurricanes, and Mexico. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,703
    AND a hurricane....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,358
    edited September 2017
    RIP

"Unfortunately many people have lost their lives, including girls and boys in schools, buildings and houses. 
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    edited September 2017
    I have a FB friend who is posting memes about the hurricanes and quakes being caused by HAARP.
    :dizzy:
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    RIP

"Unfortunately many people have lost their lives, including girls and boys in schools, buildings and houses. 
    That is the big story on NPR.  That's sad...
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,493
    Our thoughts are with them..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..