Options

what is he saying ?

just heard " do the evo...." from the Garden 9/11 1998, but couldn't hear / understand what Eddie was saying after the song, he was pissed about something or someone, can anyone help me with this little problem
Burn my eyes and try to blind me
Bury me so they won't find me
Try to suck my power empty
Got no crown of thorns on me

Comments

• Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    edited September 2017

from 5h:

09/11/98 - Madison Square Garden: New York, NY [130m]
    support act: Ben Harper
    set: Release, Hail Hail, Animal, Even Flow, Given to Fly, Corduroy, MFC, Habit, Faithfull, Daughter/(Beginning to See the Light)/(WMA), Wishlist, Nothingman, Immortality, RVM, Brain of J, Black, Do the Evolution
    enc 1: Breath, State of Love and Trust, Off He Goes, Leatherman, Better Man/(Save it for Later), Mankind, Baba O'Riley
    enc 2: Indifference (with Ben Harper), Alive
    notes: Returning for the encore and yet another sea of "Breath" signs on ever single level of the Garden, Ed tells the crowd they are never satisfied:

"You fucking cocksuckers. [shakes head] You fucking bitch! You know, we come up here as a collective band and we give and we give and you just fucking want more ... and you know what? You deserve it. This is like some kind of organized religion here; I've never seen anything like it. Do you see what's happening? ... the third night in a row, right? [applause] Well, fuck you. We're gonna play it!"
    leading to the first playing of 'Breath' since 1994!!! woo hoo!!! With a brief announcement ("same record, different track"), they follow with 'SoL&T.' 'Mankind' is introduced by Stone saying, "Well, since we're playing every song in the catalog..." 'Baba' is intro'd as being a response to "corporate rock bands who make the mistake of trying to cover a real rock song." 'Indifference' is played with an ecstatic Ben Harper (who has been including 'Indifference' at some of his shows). During 'Alive,' Ed makes four attempts to toss his microphone over the vocal monitor rig above his head, and finally gets it over, but instead of just standing there, he proceeds to CLIMB UP THE MIC CORD and hang there for the rest of the song. Possibly the best show the band has ever played in their life. Period. (And they knew it, too.)
  • Options
    vest71vest71 Posts: 239
    so he wasn't pissed at anybody .... just being sarcastic ..thanks for clearing that up
    Burn my eyes and try to blind me
    Bury me so they won't find me
    Try to suck my power empty
    Got no crown of thorns on me
  • Options
    MSG 9/11/1998 and Nationwide Arena 5/6/2010 are forever linked. :)
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"