Options

OK the box sets are sold out now tell us what we get!

Comments

• Options
    ry75guyry75guy Posts: 213
    If the photo is any indication, the covers for the box set are all OG vinyl covers (Binaural with no Pearl Jam on front, Riot Act with no album or band title on front, and ST with Avocado and title centered). The photos from the a la carte albums are different. If the photos are representative, that could be the difference.
    Tinley Park, IL 08-02-1992
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-22-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-18-2018
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2018
    St. Louis, MO 09-18-2022
  • Options
    ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    PB11041 said:
    That is a terrible photo shop
    Don't think maybe it was a JOKE!

9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • Options
    ry75guy said:
    If the photo is any indication, the covers for the box set are all OG vinyl covers (Binaural with no Pearl Jam on front, Riot Act with no album or band title on front, and ST with Avocado and title centered). The photos from the a la carte albums are different. If the photos are representative, that could be the difference.
    I ordered the box set for precisely this reason. Not that I noticed this level of subtlety in the pictures provided, but this, specifically...

If the Ten included looked like this, I would have passed and just got the reissues available. I also had no desire to buy the VS/Vitalogy deluxe packaging. The cost of the versions of these records out there is just too much for me to justify. Getting Binaural, Riot Act and Avocado at a reasonable price, and (perhaps) getting original re-pressings of the first three albums was worth the risk and extra cost. I'm sure my Yield and No Code reissues will find a happy home somewhere. I'll be spinning these until they don't spin no more.
  • Options
    skinnyportageeskinnyportagee Texas Posts: 145
    ry75guy said:
    The Binaural had a dinged corner in the box set picture. I just assumed the photo was taken with original pressings since the reissues haven't been pressed yet. I don't think the box set will come with versions different than the a la carte ones. Who knows...
  • Options
    BMo-643BMo-643 Posts: 220
    Whats the shipping cost on the box set? I only ask because Ten Club's shipping is the absolute biggest ripoff on the net both in cost and time so I'm curious to hear what the cost for an actual heavy, bulky item is. 
    Cincinnati 06'
    Lollapalooza 07'
    Bonnaroo 08'
    Columbus 10'
    Noblesville 10'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Music Midtown 12'
    Wrigley Field 13'
    Cincinnati 14'
    Lexington 16'
  • Options
    ry75guyry75guy Posts: 213
    ry75guy said:
    The Binaural had a dinged corner in the box set picture. I just assumed the photo was taken with original pressings since the reissues haven't been pressed yet. I don't think the box set will come with versions different than the a la carte ones. Who knows...
    Yeah, if anything, I would think they are the same vinyl repressings with different sleeves than the a la carte (a lot easier to manufacture 500 different sleeves than different pressings of the albums). But could also be exactly what you said. Should be cool to start hearing from people when they receive them.
    Tinley Park, IL 08-02-1992
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-22-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-18-2018
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2018
    St. Louis, MO 09-18-2022
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,695
    BMo-643 said:
    Whats the shipping cost on the box set? I only ask because Ten Club's shipping is the absolute biggest ripoff on the net both in cost and time so I'm curious to hear what the cost for an actual heavy, bulky item is. 
    $27 USA

$125 for worldwide, or $288 expedited. 
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,227
    pdalowsky said:
    BMo-643 said:
    $27 USA

$125 for worldwide, or $288 expedited. 
    Shipping depended on where you're from, it was only $48 for mine.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,695
    mace1229 said:
    pdalowsky said:
    mace1229 said:
    Horse2345 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I am pretty sure 500 people will get all ten studio albums on vinyl plus a nifty cool box to put them in. I am thinking the box will be similar in quality and design to the boot box.
    What are you expecting op?  Glow in the dark vinyl?  Exclusvive ed doodles on each record?  Full band autographs on your favorite album?  Boom hand delivers your box and vinyl to your door step?
    Im saying that it makes no sense to charge more for all of them together than it is to buy them separately if you're getting the exact same thing.
    Agree. I don't get why anyone paid $350 for this. And the 500 who did I bet have most of the vinyl and only needed a couple plus the box. Who was willing to pay the $350 and didn't bother to get the other reissues this already comes with for more than the a la mode price?
    the fact this even sold out explains the ridiculous prices for second hand PJ merch.
    You don't get it? Then you are not a collector. Fairly simple really. 
    Has nothing to do with that. It's that everything in this box can be purchased separately for less. So what is he collector market in that?
    its not a collector market item if there is an endless supply. Which short of the COA it is. And since they all can be bought through the 10c a COA does nothing a receipt can't do.
    everything is readily available, that's exactly what's isn't a collector market. 
    Serious queatuon, is having all 10 albums shrinkweapped together worth the extra $55 to a collector? Once it's opened, there will be no distinguishable difference between one that was purchased separately and one that was purchased as a box set, short of the COA. 
    I would argue yes, a collector will want the original limited set, I hear what you say but thats not how most collectors think. It doesnt mean it makes sense of course, not much we collectors do does, but thats the reality. 

But yes it must be worth it because they stock sold within hours of being listed. 
  • Options
    dadesdades Posts: 321
    Just wondering who will sign the COA????
    Glasgow Cathouse 1992
    Glasgow S.E.C.C. 2000
    Shepherds Bush 2009 - M.E.N 2009 - London O2 2009
    Boston 2010 - Newark 2010 - MSG1+2 2010 - Dublin 2010 - Belfast 2010
    London 2010
    Manchester 1+2 2012 EV Manchester 2012 EV London 31/7/2012
    Philly 1+2 2013 - Hartford 2013
    Berlin 2014 Leeds 2014
    Fenway 2 2016
    EV London 1+2 2017
    London 1+2 - Berlin 2018
  • Options
    this is just trade bait for a GA ticket for the next tour
  • Options

Now Bob, tell them what they've won! 

A new car!!!!!!!

• Options

I went to McDonald's last night and ordered a #2 meal which on their menus says two cheeseburgers, a fry and a drink.   You cannot understand my frustration level when all they gave me was two cheeseburgers, a fry and a drink.  I complained to the manager.

• Options
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216
    Ohhhh, of course! That's where her head has been. No wonder they never showed it in the movie.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    lol, really..
    Amazing how people on here will buy everything, don't matter how pricey, without even know what they're buyin'.. I can't understand why they can't put a clear description on the items they're selling.. Are the vinyl in the box the exact same as the ones sold separately? Are they different in any way? You can't know. And how can you even dare to ask? Just be happy they are even offering it!
    Wait.. Am I supposed to be just grateful because they're doing the same thing that all online stores do (sellin' stuff), but with added atrocius shipping prices and the benefit of NOT knowing what (and when) you're getting?  I swear I can't think of any other place where this happens (or accepted).

• Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,365
    I mean, I agree, so I didn't buy it.  :D
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    BMo-643 said:
    They allowed the records to be shipped together this time....all of the singles and 2 of the LPs...$14.99.
    I have been a frequent critic of their shipping policies but I think this time it was fair.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    xjoshfromworkxxjoshfromworkx Moline, IL Posts: 138
    I'm glad I'm currently selling off my vinyl collection, reissues and mass amounts of colorways that the collector in me must have is just too much to keep up with. Not just Pearl Jam, I mainly collect hardcore band vinyl, the main band I collected has utterly saturated the market for their releases with so many reissues and colors. Kills the value of the OG pressings, just makes it unfun.

I get why people are outraged, I get why people aren't. It just comes down to how badly do you want it or how badly do you need it.

Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Wrigley #1 8-20-2016
    Wrigley #2 8-22-2016
    Wrigley #1 8-18-2018
    Wrigley #2 8-20-2018

• Options
    I'm glad I'm currently selling off my vinyl collection, reissues and mass amounts of colorways that the collector in me must have is just too much to keep up with. Not just Pearl Jam, I mainly collect hardcore band vinyl, the main band I collected has utterly saturated the market for their releases with so many reissues and colors. Kills the value of the OG pressings, just makes it unfun.

I get why people are outraged, I get why people aren't. It just comes down to how badly do you want it or how badly do you need it.
    Which band @xjoshfromworkx?  Also do you have a Y2K Converge record to sell?
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Just a thought, what if it is a 2017 Box, filled with OG pressings...?
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,151
    I don't own any of the studio albums on vinyl, so purchasing this was an easy way to get all of them. One box, one shipping fee. I suppose it's possible to get all of them cheaper with shipping, but I'd think it would be a lot more work. Glad 10c made these available.
  • Options
    EchoesOnMarsEchoesOnMars Reading, Pennsylvania Posts: 422
    The surprise is that you are the happy owner of a sold out item that will only be seen 20 more times as a vitalogy hc auction on eBay.  Just keep it sealed or else you'll be really mad.
    You nailed it.
    Philadelphia 2013 (Night 1)
    Philadelphia 2016 (Night 2)
    Upper Darby 2016 (Night 2) (Temple of the Dog)

• Options

Which band @xjoshfromworkx?  Also do you have a Y2K Converge record to sell?

Referring to Converge actually, haha. I was making the list last night of what I have left for LPs and while looking up pressing info, I realized how far behind I became on some releases. Woof.

I don't have Y2K but I do have the "Downpour"/"Serial Killer" 5" that's pretty ancient.

Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Wrigley #1 8-20-2016
    Wrigley #2 8-22-2016
    Wrigley #1 8-18-2018
    Wrigley #2 8-20-2018

• Options
    WindowPaineWindowPaine Chicopee, MA Posts: 493
    @xjoshfromworkx hardcore bands and pearl jam vinyl? i had to double check that i wasn't the one who posted this haha. that's exactly what i collect.  what hardcore records are you selling? i'm always in the market/looking to buy!
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94
  • Options
    @xjoshfromworkx hardcore bands and pearl jam vinyl? i had to double check that i wasn't the one who posted this haha. that's exactly what i collect.  what hardcore records are you selling? i'm always in the market/looking to buy!

I mix the best of both worlds! I can go from Bane to Pearl Jam in an instant.

Currently selling off my Converge collection, it's the biggest lot I have. I have miscellaneous of other bands, but nothing insane like Converge. I'll PM you.

Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Wrigley #1 8-20-2016
    Wrigley #2 8-22-2016
    Wrigley #1 8-18-2018
    Wrigley #2 8-20-2018

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,993
    MedozK said:
    mace1229 said:
    MedozK said:
    mace1229 said:
    pdalowsky said:
    mace1229 said:
    Horse2345 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I am pretty sure 500 people will get all ten studio albums on vinyl plus a nifty cool box to put them in. I am thinking the box will be similar in quality and design to the boot box.
    What are you expecting op?  Glow in the dark vinyl?  Exclusvive ed doodles on each record?  Full band autographs on your favorite album?  Boom hand delivers your box and vinyl to your door step?
    Im saying that it makes no sense to charge more for all of them together than it is to buy them separately if you're getting the exact same thing.
    Agree. I don't get why anyone paid $350 for this. And the 500 who did I bet have most of the vinyl and only needed a couple plus the box. Who was willing to pay the $350 and didn't bother to get the other reissues this already comes with for more than the a la mode price?
    the fact this even sold out explains the ridiculous prices for second hand PJ merch.
    You don't get it? Then you are not a collector. Fairly simple really. 
    Has nothing to do with that. It's that everything in this box can be purchased separately for less. So what is he collector market in that?
    its not a collector market item if there is an endless supply. Which short of the COA it is. And since they all can be bought through the 10c a COA does nothing a receipt can't do.
    Well everyone is not sure that they all can be bought outside the box.
    What if VS, Vitalogy, Backspacer and LB have been re-cut. If it turns out that they are, that would be something unique to this set.
    And those aren't available separately at this time.
    Even if not available through 10c, Vs, vitalogy, BS and LB are still easy to find. Pretty sure they had all 4 last time I looked at my record store.
    Recut would be one thing, but I haven't seen any indication they are anything different other than people hoping so to justify the price. So I have to assume all versions are the ones readily available.
    It's funny how people kinda want to believe what they want. People that bought the box want them to be different. People that didn't buy the box want them to be the same as all other available versions. Great thing is, none of us are certain till we open the box sets when they arrive. Can't wait to find out.
    True.
    Do I really need a 4th version of 10, and a third version of the rest of the 90s albums?
    The answer is yes, if they are somehow different. So I will be kicking myself if they are all OP or somehow different (and I mean actually different, not just a new sleeve).
    And thinking I dodged a bullet if they come out exactly the same as everyone else.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    from the day they change this shipping method..its  crazy expensive anymore the shipping  to greece
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    Horse2345 said:
    on2legs said:
    Horse2345 said:
    Horse2345 said:
    Same people, same complaining.....every time.
    Lol, might want to look "complaining" up in the dictionary.
    Nope I'll just check lost dogs for your posts or anytime something new goes on sale and find your comments on shipping.
    Strange, don't see any complaints about shipping prices here, in fact shipping is pretty reasonable for the set. 
    It's hard to argue that, in general, your comments tend to favor the glass half empty view. 
    No where in this thread did i complain about anything. In general yes i complain about shipping prices because they are a joke,  theres no arguing that. 99% of the people living outside of the US agree. 
    Yes, the international shipping prices are absolutely deserving of all the complaints about it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata