Options

OK the box sets are sold out now tell us what we get!

Comments

• Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,227
    ski-bum said:
    Look closely people.
    All the copies are signed by the entire band.

Lol
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    I was just having a conversation with a good friend the other day about how I really truly wanted Riot Act on vinyl.  (I swear-- true.  Just Friday before we took off for a concert.)  Love that album.  I get a text from him today telling me about the box set.  Since I have the two other box sets, the reissues of No Code and Yield and don't honestly have a need to own Backspacer or Lightning Bolt on vinyl, I really only needed three albums.  He told me that they had the three albums on reissue for pre-sale.  

I'm good for reissue.  I am so incredibly excited that I am getting Riot Act, Binaural and Self-Titled.  My heart dances at the idea of a copy of Riot Act, though.  So very happy!  Thanks for the reissues, 10c! 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    One on eBay already... only $725  :o

This place never disappoints =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Horse2345 said:
    Same people, same complaining.....every time.
    Lol, might want to look "complaining" up in the dictionary.
    Nope I'll just check lost dogs for your posts or anytime something new goes on sale and find your comments on shipping.
  • Options
    Horse2345 said:
    Nope I'll just check lost dogs for your posts or anytime something new goes on sale and find your comments on shipping.
    Strange, don't see any complaints about shipping prices here, in fact shipping is pretty reasonable for the set. 
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    Horse2345 said:
    Horse2345 said:
    Strange, don't see any complaints about shipping prices here, in fact shipping is pretty reasonable for the set. 
    It's hard to argue that, in general, your comments tend to favor the glass half empty view. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:
    Horse2345 said:
    Horse2345 said:
    It's hard to argue that, in general, your comments tend to favor the glass half empty view. 
    No where in this thread did i complain about anything. In general yes i complain about shipping prices because they are a joke,  theres no arguing that. 99% of the people living outside of the US agree. 
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 1,999
    ski-bum said:
    Look closely people.

Damn u had me.  Bloody should have picked the times new Roman font 
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    1. The sales page for the box set actually states: "Sorry, we are currently out of stock". It does not say it is "sold out".
    2. Just curious for people who did buy this: where are you going to put new Pearl Jam albums when they are eventually recorded and    
       released? The box only holds 10 albums.
       I guess you should also buy a second empty box to put those in, unless you're hoping that Pearl Jam are done releasing new music. LOL
  • Options
    shecky said:
    1. The sales page for the box set actually states: "Sorry, we are currently out of stock". It does not say it is "sold out".
    2. Just curious for people who did buy this: where are you going to put new Pearl Jam albums when they are eventually recorded and    
       I guess you should also buy a second empty box to put those in, unless you're hoping that Pearl Jam are done releasing new music. LOL
    Or i use the pj crate...mmmm
  • Options
    ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    ski-bum said:
    Look closely people.

Really?
    That didn't fool you?

9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • Options
    shecky said:
    "Out of stock" might just be used until all orders are confirmed.
  • Options
    Horse2345 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I am pretty sure 500 people will get all ten studio albums on vinyl plus a nifty cool box to put them in. I am thinking the box will be similar in quality and design to the boot box.
    What are you expecting op?  Glow in the dark vinyl?  Exclusvive ed doodles on each record?  Full band autographs on your favorite album?  Boom hand delivers your box and vinyl to your door step?
    Im saying that it makes no sense to charge more for all of them together than it is to buy them separately if you're getting the exact same thing.

They charge what people will pay.  Here is what I imagine how a PJ meeting goes.

Band:  "Do we need to release a new album this year to generate some extra cash?"

Management:  "No.  Your fans will continue to buy your old music with different packaging. They are sheep.  Bah.  Bah."

Band:  "Really?" 

Management:  "Yes.  I saw how my 8 year old asks for the same doll over and over with different clothing.  So, I thought, let's sell 40 year olds the same vinyl with different colors.  It worked." 

This is insanely cynical 
  • Options
    ski-bum said:
    ski-bum said:
    Look closely people.

Really?
    That didn't fool you?

Lol. All I'm saying is i noticed it but still felt compelled to check the listing. 
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Horse2345 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I am pretty sure 500 people will get all ten studio albums on vinyl plus a nifty cool box to put them in. I am thinking the box will be similar in quality and design to the boot box.
    What are you expecting op?  Glow in the dark vinyl?  Exclusvive ed doodles on each record?  Full band autographs on your favorite album?  Boom hand delivers your box and vinyl to your door step?
    Im saying that it makes no sense to charge more for all of them together than it is to buy them separately if you're getting the exact same thing.

They charge what people will pay.  Here is what I imagine how a PJ meeting goes.

Band:  "Do we need to release a new album this year to generate some extra cash?"

Management:  "No.  Your fans will continue to buy your old music with different packaging. They are sheep.  Bah.  Bah."

Management:  "Yes.  I saw how my 8 year old asks for the same doll over and over with different clothing.  So, I thought, let's sell 40 year olds the same vinyl with different colors.  It worked." 

This is insanely cynical 
       And maybe not that far off..face it..this place is a merch machine..they could package just about anything and half the peeps here would have to buy it..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,991
    edited September 2017
    pdalowsky said:
    mace1229 said:
    Horse2345 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Agree. I don't get why anyone paid $350 for this. And the 500 who did I bet have most of the vinyl and only needed a couple plus the box. Who was willing to pay the $350 and didn't bother to get the other reissues this already comes with for more than the a la mode price?
    the fact this even sold out explains the ridiculous prices for second hand PJ merch.
    You don't get it? Then you are not a collector. Fairly simple really. 
    Has nothing to do with that. It's that everything in this box can be purchased separately for less. So what is he collector market in that?
    its not a collector market item if there is an endless supply. Which short of the COA it is. And since they all can be bought through the 10c a COA does nothing a receipt can't do.
    everything is readily available, that's exactly what's isn't a collector market. 
    Serious queatuon, is having all 10 albums shrinkweapped together worth the extra $55 to a collector? Once it's opened, there will be no distinguishable difference between one that was purchased separately and one that was purchased as a box set, short of the COA. 
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mace1229 said:
    pdalowsky said:
    mace1229 said:
    Horse2345 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Agree. I don't get why anyone paid $350 for this. And the 500 who did I bet have most of the vinyl and only needed a couple plus the box. Who was willing to pay the $350 and didn't bother to get the other reissues this already comes with for more than the a la mode price?
    the fact this even sold out explains the ridiculous prices for second hand PJ merch.
    Has nothing to do with that. It's that everything in this box can be purchased separately for less. So what is he collector market in that?
    its not a collector market item if there is an endless supply. Which short of the COA it is. And since they all can be bought through the 10c a COA does nothing a receipt can't do.
    Well everyone is not sure that they all can be bought outside the box.
    What if VS, Vitalogy, Backspacer and LB have been re-cut. If it turns out that they are, that would be something unique to this set.
    And those aren't available separately at this time.
  • Options
    hadfiiwhadfiiw Posts: 189
    Some people say potato others say potato...lol. not as good in writing.

LOL

- ian | www.lukin.com

96 - Charlotte / Charleston
    98 - Atlanta
    00 - Charlotte / Greensboro / Atlanta
    03 - Raleigh / Charlotte / Mountain View / San Diego / Bristow
    04 - Asheville
    05 - Philadelphia
    06 - Washington, DC / Las Vegas / San Diego
    08 - Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    09 - Philadelphia (28th)
    11 - East Troy (3rd) / East Troy (4th)
    13 - Charlottesville / Charlotte
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Boston (5th)
    18 - Boston (2nd) / Boston (4th)
    20 - NashvilleBaltimore
    22 - Nashville / Baltimore

• Options
    hadfiiwhadfiiw Posts: 189
    I wonder what the booklet is about and if the same booklet is included in the empty box(?)
    - ian | www.lukin.com

96 - Charlotte / Charleston
    98 - Atlanta
    00 - Charlotte / Greensboro / Atlanta
    03 - Raleigh / Charlotte / Mountain View / San Diego / Bristow
    04 - Asheville
    05 - Philadelphia
    06 - Washington, DC / Las Vegas / San Diego
    08 - Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    09 - Philadelphia (28th)
    11 - East Troy (3rd) / East Troy (4th)
    13 - Charlottesville / Charlotte
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Boston (5th)
    18 - Boston (2nd) / Boston (4th)
    20 - NashvilleBaltimore
    22 - Nashville / Baltimore

• Options
    shecky said:
    The new Pearl Jam albums will go next to the box, just like my boots, vaults, bennys, solo projects, and etc.
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    mace1229 said:
    pdalowsky said:
    mace1229 said:
    Horse2345 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What if VS, Vitalogy, Backspacer and LB have been re-cut. If it turns out that they are, that would be something unique to this set.
    Even if not available through 10c, Vs, vitalogy, BS and LB are still easy to find. Pretty sure they had all 4 last time I looked at my record store.
    Recut would be one thing, but I haven't seen any indication they are anything different other than people hoping so to justify the price. So I have to assume all versions are the ones readily available.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Looks like according to SLH comment, made a point to say only Avocado is remixed, and RA and Binaural are remastered. No mention of the others as far as remixing/mastering.
    seems pretty safe to assume there's no difference with the set vs a la mode.
    that being said, I'm still stoked to finally get Avocado, Binaural and RA. Binaural has been my only gap in studio albums since I started collecting PJ vinyl 20 years ago and you could find them cheaper than CDs.  Will be glad to have Binaural, and an alternate to my OP for the other 2. Even if the box set was a slight discount I probably would have pulled the trigger.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited September 2017
    mcgruff10 said:
    Hell yes.  All of this.  Though I'm expecting Mike to deliver mine, stay and play his guitar around my fire pit, and then sign all my originals... oh and maybe they will ship random Bennys with the sets too.   Who's gonna start the shipping weight thread when they start delivery??  :rofl:
    Post edited by PP193448 on
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    Horse2345 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

This is insanely cynical 
    Ha.  No, I don't think the band is only out trying to get cash from us.  They are selling what people want.  I do think it is very silly what people are buying.   Collecting is essentially all a competition against your neighbor (unless you are in it for investment purposes) and vinyl records are about feeling superior to people who listen digitally because vinyl listeners somehow "get it" and the rest of us don't. 
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mace1229 said:
    MedozK said:
    mace1229 said:
    pdalowsky said:
    mace1229 said:
    Horse2345 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Even if not available through 10c, Vs, vitalogy, BS and LB are still easy to find. Pretty sure they had all 4 last time I looked at my record store.
    Recut would be one thing, but I haven't seen any indication they are anything different other than people hoping so to justify the price. So I have to assume all versions are the ones readily available.
    It's funny how people kinda want to believe what they want. People that bought the box want them to be different. People that didn't buy the box want them to be the same as all other available versions. Great thing is, none of us are certain till we open the box sets when they arrive. Can't wait to find out.
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    MedozK said:
    mace1229 said:
    MedozK said:
    mace1229 said:
    pdalowsky said:
    mace1229 said:
    Horse2345 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It's funny how people kinda want to believe what they want. People that bought the box want them to be different. People that didn't buy the box want them to be the same as all other available versions. Great thing is, none of us are certain till we open the box sets when they arrive. Can't wait to find out.
    I can.
    But, who cares what people do with their money - more power to 'em.
    Just please don't forget to continue helping the hurricane victims in Texas and the new crop of victims throughout Florida that we will begin to find out about at sunrise tomorrow. Let's all count our blessings when we lay our head down tonight. Thank you in advance.
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    mace1229 said:
    MedozK said:
    mace1229 said:
    pdalowsky said:
    mace1229 said:
    Horse2345 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Great way to state it. So true.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,268
    I'm just happy that the empty box is available. I already have all of the original releases to put in there (and as usual most of Australia was fast asleep when the complete box sold out anyway!) There are 2 things on my mind right now though:

1 - It would have been cool if the box was big enough to hold Lost Dogs, Rearviewmirror and PJ20 vinyl as well (and LO2L and LO10L for that matter)

2- Am I really considering buying a couple of extra boxes to put the solo project vinyl in as well?...

My head hurts.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,084
    I'm on the fence about the box.  I've been rebuying the reissues to go along with my original records.   I could put the whole remastered set into the box, but it's almost 90 us for the box plus shipping.  The collector in me says do it..... but that's alot for a box :(
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,764
    That is a terrible photo shop
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652