2017 Pearl Jam Complete Vinyl Box Set

Comments

• kaseylilykaseylily Michigan, USA Posts: 259
    demetrios said:
    It doesn't look good for the return of the empty Pearl Jam vinyl box to be back on sale @ the 10club store. :(
    Do you think they will have more of the complete box sets in the store?
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    kaseylily said:
    demetrios said:
    It doesn't look good for the return of the empty Pearl Jam vinyl box to be back on sale @ the 10club store. :(
    Unfortunately no...
    They did a limited run and when those sold out,
    It's gone!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• kaseylilykaseylily Michigan, USA Posts: 259
    derbydave said:
    kaseylily said:
    demetrios said:
    Unfortunately no...
    They did a limited run and when those sold out,
    It's gone!!
    Bummer! I was holding on to a glimmer of hope that presale meant there would actually be a sale in the near future. That's what I get for thinking about spending the cash and not jumping right away. Well, if anyone has an extra set I'm definitely interested and would pay shipping costs of course...
  • DeadmanDeadman Posts: 782
    Will the empty box be back?!!?
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    edited September 2017
    Deadman said:
    Will the empty box be back?!!?
    See four posts above
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427
    demetrios said:
    Why do you say that, did I miss something?  Was still holding out hope....
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719
    With all due respect to all who asked if it would come back in stock... it's an empty box. And it cost $45. Why would you want it to come back in stock?!
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2

• This is messed up.  An empty box for sale and people complain that it is sold out.
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    demetrios said:
    The Hip store is also selling the empty vinyl box. For $89.99 CDN.
    • The Tragically Hip - The Complete Collection 1987 - 2016 Vinyl Box
    • For those who have already purchased individual pieces of vinyl, you can now collect the box to house your collection.
      - Beautiful Rigid box flip top box
      - Exclusive The Tragically Hip Turntable mat
      - 24 X 36 collector`s poster

This is a pre-order product. Shipments containing this product will begin shipping November 3rd.

http://www.thehip.com/gift-shop/store/

Here's hoping the Pearl Jam empty box goes back in stock.

two beautiful boxes.... too rich for my blood.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427
    With all due respect to all who asked if it would come back in stock... it's an empty box. And it cost $45. Why would you want it to come back in stock?!

This is messed up.  An empty box for sale and people complain that it is sold out.
    I dunno, I like it and think it would be cool to hold my PJ records.  Wilco did one for a single album release years ago, it sold out, it was cool (that one I got) and it was $20 for one album.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • I would buy it if they put it back in stock.
  • I would buy it if they put it back in stock.
    me too oo yes please, the limited vinyl set too which isn't going to happen ..... shame!
    I bought three empty boxes lol and I'm going to put all my pj wax in there.  Haters gon hate but I'm thinking I'll like it.  If I don't I'll sell 'em.  To each his own, it's a free world.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
    I bought three empty boxes lol and I'm going to put all my pj wax in there.  Haters gon hate but I'm thinking I'll like it.  If I don't I'll sell 'em.  To each his own, it's a free world.
    How much was shipping for 3 empty boxes, to the USA?
    edited September 2017
    demetrios said:
    I did it in two orders because I realized they would sell out so I went back and ordered two more.  I originally had all the reissues too in the first order but cancelled them all.  Let me check and I'll post it in a sec

edit- $33.99 total, one was 13.99 for 1 standard shipping and the other two were $20 combined for UPS ground.
    Post edited by RoleModelsinBlood31 on
  • wow i must be psychic. ltd boxset now listed on ebay for $999.99 add import costs and postage call it $1300 to scotland...... i think not!
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    rb173565 said:
    wow i must be psychic. ltd boxset now listed on ebay for $999.99 add import costs and postage call it $1300 to scotland...... i think not!
    I don't think a flipper will make any money on this unless it comes out that these are somehow different.
    Once released and comes out it was the same, would anyone still want them? Although some not available on 10c, you could get the whole catalogue for under $250 on Amazon.
    Maybe it's just me, but I think anyone who bought it to make a profit will just be lucky to break even after shipping and seller costs.
  • mace1229 said:
    rb173565 said:
    wow i must be psychic. ltd boxset now listed on ebay for $999.99 add import costs and postage call it $1300 to scotland...... i think not!
    I don't think a flipper will make any money on this unless it comes out that these are somehow different.
    Once released and comes out it was the same, would anyone still want them? Although some not available on 10c, you could get the whole catalogue for under $250 on Amazon.
    Maybe it's just me, but I think anyone who bought it to make a profit will just be lucky to break even after shipping and seller costs.
    Well you'd be wrong since 2 have already sold on fleabay for over $600. That's the world we live in.
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Am I the only one who is importing the empty box into the UK for a silly price and filling it with all the EU reissues which cost between £14.99 - £20 a piece.
    demetrios said:
    I did it in two orders because I realized they would sell out so I went back and ordered two more.  I originally had all the reissues too in the first order but cancelled them all.  Let me check and I'll post it in a sec

edit- $33.99 total, one was 13.99 for 1 standard shipping and the other two were $20 combined for UPS ground.
    Thanks! Not bad on shipping 3 empty boxes. 
  • turner78turner78 Atlanta, GA Posts: 144
    I really don't understand why they are only making 500 of the box set given the fandom of any and all things. Why not error on the side of caution and make more? Maybe 1000 - 2000 would've given people a day or so to decide or to check their emails if they were busy. I would have loved to order one but didn't have a chance as they were gone in 2 - 3 hours. Now, 2 have already sold for around $700.00 and another is listed for $1000.00 on eBay. Those prices are ridiculous but just image what's going to happen if they have some sort of variant colors, etc.  
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited September 2017
    Lol, that is a pretty good question. I'm not sure I understand the reasoning behind buying this box. Do people really think it will be fun to have to pull that whole box off the shelf and dig into it every time they want to play a PJ album? I see the box as product packaging for the boxset, and that's it. $45 USD plus shipping is damn expensive for packaging!

My questions are 1) why in the world they made the boxset limited to 500. That seems kind of crazy. Why wouldn't it have a bigger release?? and 2) Why is it so expensive? Isn't it cheaper to just buy each reissue individually? Shouldn't the complete boxset cost less than buying each one at a time? ... Lol, actually, maybe my second question answers the first. The mass market would figure that out, while 10C members will just buy anything if it's limited, so they cranked up the price by $100 or so. Why they limited it to 500 just within the 10C members only sale is still beyond me though. Really weird.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    FR181798 said:
    Am I the only one who is importing the empty box into the UK for a silly price and filling it with all the EU reissues which cost between £14.99 - £20 a piece.
    I thought about it.. but while I was pondering if I wanted to pay over $80usd (which would of been over $100 cdn) for a box, it sold out.   I've already been buying the reissues so the would of been easy to box (maybe would of found cheap copies of vs/vitalogy/ten to put it in)... but it sold out.. so the temptation is gone.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Anybody else check the shop to see if this set has been reupped every time they see this thread bumped?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    I didn't buy the box set but I'm guessing they're going to all be on colored vinyl.  It would make it all make sense, and then everyone will be freaking out asking "why didn't they say that when they sold them?! I could have bought one!!"

As for all the questions about the empty box, who cares? If you didn't think it made any sense, you had the choice to not buy it. If you wanted it, you bought it.  Pretty simple to me.
  • turner78turner78 Atlanta, GA Posts: 144
    If they are just black LPs in the box set, I can at least see some type of reasoning as to why they only made 500 copies. If the box set is colored vinyl or new cuts of certain albums not available elsewhere, it really makes no sense at all and is complete bullshit. They could have sold 2000 easy.
    edited September 2017
    I still would like to order the empty box so I can put my original copies in it.
    I didn't buy the box set but I'm guessing they're going to all be on colored vinyl.  It would make it all make sense, and then everyone will be freaking out asking "why didn't they say that when they sold them?! I could have bought one!!"

As for all the questions about the empty box, who cares? If you didn't think it made any sense, you had the choice to not buy it. If you wanted it, you bought it.  Pretty simple to me.
    It's just people talking about it - that's how conversation works. Everyone knows we can choose to buy it or not.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

It's just people talking about it - that's how conversation works. Everyone knows we can choose to buy it or not.
    You having a bad day today, Ali?  I don't need know how a conversation works, thanks. You went off on Bieber (all true stuff) and are attacking folks with "Do people really think it will be fun to have to pull that whole box off the shelf and dig into it every time they want to play a PJ album?" Live and let live, a conversation doesn't need to be so aggressive!  And yes, I do think it will be fun :)
    edited September 2017
    PJ_Soul said:

You having a bad day today, Ali?  I don't need know how a conversation works, thanks. You went off on Bieber (all true stuff) and are attacking folks with "Do people really think it will be fun to have to pull that whole box off the shelf and dig into it every time they want to play a PJ album?" Live and let live, a conversation doesn't need to be so aggressive!  And yes, I do think it will be fun :)
    It was an actual question, not a statement, and certainly not aggressive. No, I'm not having a bad day.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on