Options

2017 Pearl Jam Complete Vinyl Box Set

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,697
    I love how folks are freaking out over a $350 sticker price for the entire box set when Binaural alone was going for $300 yesterday. I think the price is fair and pretty much what anyone would expect for a complete Box Set these days. The Tragically Hip Box Set is going for $500 if that's more to your liking.
    So wanted to pick that up but will have to pass now. Too many new PJ goodies to pick up for this archivist. 

Prices in Canadian, USA and Euros

• Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited September 2017
    I love how folks are freaking out over a $350 sticker price for the entire box set when Binaural alone was going for $300 yesterday. I think the price is fair and pretty much what anyone would expect for a complete Box Set these days. The Tragically Hip Box Set is going for $500 if that's more to your liking.

Some are freaking out yes.  It's just that as this is an American website driven by American business the currency exchange rate is often forgotten when considering others (to add to this, case in point is in this months 10c newsletter prize to be won - how many non-Americans will enter this contest?).  This is a nice boxset no doubt but to others not living in America the reissues of certain albums are a nice nod to the fans.  I for one am very happy that certain albums are now available at face value via the shop.  The shipping is what it is - I would rather pay the shipping via 10c knowing it gets delivered w/out a random unknown customs charge. 
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,339
    People paying $300 for a record, may or may not be the same people paying a $800 for concert posters ..... either way they're both warped, or maybe they're just ahead of the curve...... I think it's the former.
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    So I'm in transit... bought on the fly.  When is CC charged? Now or November shipping date?
    "RELEASE DATE 11/10/2017 

CARDS WILL BE CHARGED SHORTLY BEFORE SHIPPING DATE TBA" 
  • Options
    BF89905 said:
    People paying $300 for a record, may or may not be the same people paying a $800 for concert posters ..... either way they're both warped, or maybe they're just ahead of the curve...... I think it's the former.
    Point being, this record could only be had for $300 (approximately) yesterday, brand new. Now, they are letting you buy it for $25. They coulda just said if you want one, buy it off eBay. 
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,227

Some are freaking out yes.  It's just that as this is an American website driven by American business the currency exchange rate is often forgotten when considering others (to add to this, case in point is in this months 10c newsletter prize to be won - how many non-Americans will enter this contest?).  This is a nice boxset no doubt but to others not living in America the reissues of certain albums are a nice nod to the fans.  I for one am very happy that certain albums are now available at face value via the shop.  The shipping is what it is - I would rather pay the shipping via 10c knowing it gets delivered w/out a random unknown customs charge. 
    No customs charge? Where do you live? Been gettinv hit on everything in Canada lately. 98% sure will get charged for this.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    21bottles21bottles Parkersburg, WV Posts: 27
    edited September 2017
    I wanted this but waited to ask the wife. 500 is  like the damn Nintendo Classic.  Boo on execution.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,149
    empty box is no longer available at the shop
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,697
    21bottles said:
    I wanted this but waited to ask the wife. 500 is  like the damn Nintendo Classic.  Boo on execution.
    I'm more excited for the Super NES Classic coming out on Sept 29th. Nintendo said production will be greater then the NES Classic Mini's. We'll see.

Had an empty box in cart. Couldn't pull the trigger when the shipping was close to the same price as the box. How much does the empty box weigh? It costed me $67.48 via UPS on purchasing the complete box set with records. 19 pounds! Shocked the postage was $43.99 (Standard International Shipping) or $44.17 (UPS Standard) to ship an empty box to Atlantic Canada. :(

• Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 1,999
    edited September 2017
    So a little confused. Buying this as someone showed on this or another thread today said CC charged close to shipping...

RELEASE DATE 11/10/2017

MOST VINYL PRESALE ITEMS MAY BE ORDERED TOGETHER*

CARDS WILL BE CHARGED SHORTLY BEFORE SHIPPING DATE TBA

However, my card has a Charge Pending Debit and is taking it from my available amount. Anyone else have this?
    Edit - I thought usually they take a $1 to prove card worked and the difference at shipping 

• Options
    LenzLenz Posts: 89

So a little confused. Buying this as someone showed on this or another thread today said CC charged close to shipping...

RELEASE DATE 11/10/2017

However, my card has a Charge Pending Debit and is taking it from my available amount. Anyone else have this?
    Edit - I thought usually they take a $1 to prove card worked and the difference at shipping 

my Credit Card was also charged with the full amount (as Pending Debt).

and 128 bugs shippig costs to Europe is just.... (ok there was a second shipping option - 290 bugs)

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,501
    That's a lot of bugs. 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010

RELEASE DATE 11/10/2017

Same here.
    Was wondering the same thing.
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,339
    The $45 empty box sold out - that's hilarious.  Shipping likely pushes it to $60 - unbelievable :)
  • Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    Nami said:
    pdalowsky said:
    You get what you see.
    That's what I think as well. Not sure why folks think there is some hidden Easter egg.
    Yup, the bonus is that it's complete and a limited set. 

Nothing more I don't think but no harm in people dreaming and hoping 

one sold already on eBay at $650 which is crazy but I bet that rises
    SLH should do a quick purchase from this seller....  
    Looks like 2 have sold so far......pretty sure there was nothing in the description about not being able to resell.

Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    BMo-643BMo-643 Posts: 220
    Preface: This is not a dig on anyone who ordered the empty box. 

I just thought this was funny.

It is such a Pearl Jam thing to do to sell a literally empty box for $45 and its also such a Pearl Jam fan base thing to do to then have said empty box sell out. 
    Cincinnati 06'
    Lollapalooza 07'
    Bonnaroo 08'
    Columbus 10'
    Noblesville 10'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Alpine Valley 11'
    Music Midtown 12'
    Wrigley Field 13'
    Cincinnati 14'
    Lexington 16'
  • Options
    BMo-643 said:
    Preface: This is not a dig on anyone who ordered the empty box. 

I just thought this was funny.

It is such a Pearl Jam thing to do to sell a literally empty box for $45 and its also such a Pearl Jam fan base thing to do to then have said empty box sell out. 

lol

I'm with you as much as I get it- I bought Falla sheep for gawds sakes.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    ski-bum said:

RELEASE DATE 11/10/2017

Same here.
    Was wondering the same thing.
    It depends on the merchant what amount is charged for a pre-authorization.  Pending authorizations will drop off and not post to your account, though.
  • Options
    what is weird is 2 things has to do with ten vinyl..1st u cant add it to the card at the order, of binaural-riot act etc ..i order ten speperate than the rest..,i think when i tried said can put it with presale orders.
    and 2nd at description says OG release
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

BF89905 said:
    The $45 empty box sold out - that's hilarious.  Shipping likely pushes it to $60 - unbelievable :)
    with shipping to greece the cost was 90$
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    i actually was going to buy the empty box....  didnt realize a pre-order was going to sell out
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    i actually was going to buy the empty box....  didnt realize a pre-order was going to sell out
    i read that alot is social media..maybe would be a good idea to restock..alot want it

• Options
    MayDay10 said:
    i read that alot is social media..maybe would be a good idea to restock..alot want it

10 am on the 10th like clockwork we know that something is going to post on here...  That being said 10C has some things that were "limited" and haven't sold out yet like those messenger bags and backpacks so maybe they want things to sell.

When things sell out it creates buzz.
  • Options
    marjenmarjen CT Posts: 794
    Man I now have to wonder, with this box set coming out for "all" their studio albums, plus the book that was released recently with lyrics to "all' their albums, I am really starting to think they are done putting out new music together. Its really starting to look like it. :(
  • Options

This criticism doesn't make any sense.  Regardless what Binaural was selling for last week, it's $25 today.  Unless the boxset contains an original pressing of the album, there's no comparison there.

For The Tragically Hip boxset, people are just as pissed with the pricing.  You're not going to see people complaining about it here, as this is a Pearl Jam forum.  Vinyl boxsets in general tend to be over priced.  Thankfully, the non-limited edition sets are aways available on sale at some point.  I can pretty much guarantee the Hip boxset will be available for $350 Canadian at some point next year, as long as Gord doesn't pass away (which will cause the price to skyrocket).
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    Same here. Anyone have any word on whether the empty box will get restocked or not? I know the Complete Vinyl Box Set was a limited edition of 500 (said so right on the page), but I wasn't thinking the empty box was limited. At least not limited enough to sell out so quickly. 
  • Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    MayDay10 said:
    Same here. Anyone have any word on whether the empty box will get restocked or not? I know the Complete Vinyl Box Set was a limited edition of 500 (said so right on the page), but I wasn't thinking the empty box was limited. At least not limited enough to sell out so quickly. 
    I think they will add more, hopefully, a pre-sale (not limited edition item) sold out in less than a day, doesn't make sense...
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    Maybe they took the empty boxes "out of stock" so they can make some more complete box sets.
    Then this new edition can be sold as the "ultra box set edition" for $500. 
    I don't know if I'm joking or not...

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,992
    BF89905 said:
    Point being, this record could only be had for $300 (approximately) yesterday, brand new. Now, they are letting you buy it for $25. They coulda just said if you want one, buy it off eBay. 
    I don't think that is a fair comparison. The OP will always hold more collector value. You won't see them go for $300 anymore, but maybe half that as a collector item.
    But with all the rumors and anticipation of this release I'm glad I sold my orange bootleg one a couple months ago. Never meant to buy it, my wife was out of town and visited a record store and was so excited when she saw Binaural because she knew that was my only gap. She didn't know about bootlegs so she coughed up the $90 for it. I didn't have the heart to tell her when she gave it to me because she was so proud of herself. But that didn't stop me from selling it for exactly what she paid a few months later.
    Those will now be completely useless.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,992
    MayDay10 said:
    I actually wouldn't be surprised if more of the full box set popped up again, like with the Deluxe Potato Heads.
    Do a volume 2 #1-500 again of the exact same thine. Especially wont be surprised if it turns out there is no difference from the box set vs the a la mode vinyls.