2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• SudmanSudman Fremantle, Western Australia Posts: 48
    AndreJam said:
    This weekend here in Brazil, a lot of music sites are reporting strong rumors about some Pearl Jam shows here in Brazil in 2018 March, coincidentally, the month of Brazil Lollapalooza Festival, in Sao Paulo. Another date would be scheduled for Rio de Janeiro too. Weakly rumors apoint a possible Foo Fighters and Queens of The Stone Age at the same festival. It would be EPIC!
    pj will play  march 18 in brazil
    Wait a minute, so they are not doing Lollapalooza (which takes place between march 23-25?).

.21 and 23 are the dates in brazil..will not play in lolla only in brazil
    sorry,..18th is the date in another country..and i meant march 2018
    Hey Mr Dimitris, what is your expert opinion about dates for an Oz tour next year?  What month do you predict?  I love your predictions because they nearly always come true.
  • TexicoTexico Posts: 122
    edited September 2017
    Sudman said:
    Hey Mr Dimitris, what is your expert opinion about dates for an Oz tour next year?  What month do you predict?  I love your predictions because they nearly always come true.
    And maybe a hint about which months for Europe? Will it be June/July (maybe Pinkpop and/or Werchter) or August/September... or are the months not sure yet?
    Post edited by Texico on
  • mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,020
    June/July for Europe would be a safe bet based on previous tours.  

And as much as I hate all the "hope" and "wish" messages, here goes anyway : next year is the 25th anniversary of their one and only show in Finland. The longest gap any country the band has previously visited has had to suffer. Please make it happen this time.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,459
    edited September 2017
    mrk2 said:
    June/July for Europe would be a safe bet based on previous tours.  

And as much as I hate all the "hope" and "wish" messages, here goes anyway : next year is the 25th anniversary of their one and only show in Finland. The longest gap any country the band has previously visited has had to suffer. Please make it happen this time.

Don't you think a 30th year anniversary would feel more special though?  :)

I would be in Helsinki though if they played there.

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Sudman said:
    AndreJam said:
    This weekend here in Brazil, a lot of music sites are reporting strong rumors about some Pearl Jam shows here in Brazil in 2018 March, coincidentally, the month of Brazil Lollapalooza Festival, in Sao Paulo. Another date would be scheduled for Rio de Janeiro too. Weakly rumors apoint a possible Foo Fighters and Queens of The Stone Age at the same festival. It would be EPIC!
    Wait a minute, so they are not doing Lollapalooza (which takes place between march 23-25?).

if i have to guess..same months as 2006 and 2009 tour
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136

Texico said:
    Sudman said:
    And maybe a hint about which months for Europe? Will it be June/July (maybe Pinkpop and/or Werchter) or August/September... or are the months not sure yet?
    i think 1st scenario is most likely
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    Summer NE US dates, please. 
    2 Philly
    2 NYC
    1 Balt or DC

Winter Western US dates, please.
    LAx4 - @ Universal again, that was a great spot.
    SD 1

10 PJ Shows would be great.  ;)

Would be happy to see one show next year overall, although would clearly enjoy seeing more!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,474
    A return to NC would be nice. 
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
  • chadaw76chadaw76 Indianapolis Posts: 289
    Been a while since Indy got a show...
    Yes it has. Almost 7 1/2 years.
    2000: Noblesville, IN
    2010: Noblesville, IN
    2011: PJ20 Night 1
    2013: Wrigley Field, Baltimore
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Fenway I, Wrigley I, Temple of the Dog - NYC
    2017: EV solo - Louisville
    2018: Wrigley 1
    2022: St. Louis
    2023: Austin 1 & 2
    2024: Vegas 1, Noblesville, IN
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    JojoRice said:
    PJNB said:
    1.2K views and counting. :lol:
    Last one had 350k+
    The 2016 tour rumor thread was epic!
    Bucks been trying to ride my coat tails ever since! lol
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    my2hands said:
    JojoRice said:
    PJNB said:
    Last one had 350k+
    My man is back!!
    got your inbox, good to see you again. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Sudman said:
    AndreJam said:

Based on this information I've put a two week Australian vacation on my work calendar the last two weeks of November!  Let's hope it stays there.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,440
    my2hands said:
    JojoRice said:
    PJNB said:
    Last one had 350k+
    He's back!
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    Good to be back... they couldn't hold me down for long!!! 
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,905
    What's the most continent's they've played in a single year?  There's people theorizing Australia, Europe, South America and the west coast of N.A all in the same year...  I'm not sure I've ever seen them do that.. usually it's two tops?
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    Zod said:
    What's the most continent's they've played in a single year?  There's people theorizing Australia, Europe, South America and the west coast of N.A all in the same year...  I'm not sure I've ever seen them do that.. usually it's two tops?

Recently, 3 legs on 3 continents in 2014.  There's only 3 Lolla dates rumored for SA in 2018.
  • dunno about shows next year guys
  • SudmanSudman Fremantle, Western Australia Posts: 48
    Sudman said:
    AndreJam said:

Thanks for the tip Dimitris.  Sounds good to me.  I'll buy you a beer in Perth if you make it down.
    dunno about shows next year guys
    What makes you say that?
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,440
    my2hands said:
    Good to be back... they couldn't hold me down for long!!! 
    Chuuch!
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • my2hands said:
    What makes you say that?
    i'm not sure they feel like playing as Pearl Jam
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,827
    my2hands said:
    What makes you say that?
    i'm not sure they feel like playing as Pearl Jam
    What!? They're going to change their name!? I always liked the Honking Seals! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,905
    CopperTom said:
    Zod said:

Recently, 3 legs on 3 continents in 2014.  There's only 3 Lolla dates rumored for SA in 2018.
    I would imagine if they went down there they might mix in some standalone dates.   Being that band only likes to tour in small doses... I'm thinking 3 or 4 continents would be little out of character (but not impossible).
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    Zod said:
    CopperTom said:
    Zod said:

I would imagine if they went down there they might mix in some standalone dates.   Being that band only likes to tour in small doses... I'm thinking 3 or 4 continents would be little out of character (but not impossible).
    The last time they played those festivals, 2013, there were no standalone dates.  Festivals only = less gear to haul.
  • Spurs14Spurs14 Buffalo Grove, IL Posts: 226

The amphitheater is now Potterland at Uni Studios.  The Greek Theater is a great venue but small for PJ and has a curfew due to the residential neighborhood nearby.  Wiltern is also too small.  Hollywood Bowl would be good.  My guess is The Forum.
  • Good points made here . . . given all the gear for stand alone shows and the smaller and smaller legs of tours, I think the only shows AU and Europe will see are festivals.  South America they cluster shows with huge stadiums and circulate the festivals.  I think that is that is the new norm.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    Spurs14 said:

The amphitheater is now Potterland at Uni Studios.  The Greek Theater is a great venue but small for PJ and has a curfew due to the residential neighborhood nearby.  Wiltern is also too small.  Hollywood Bowl would be good.  My guess is The Forum.
    Potterland!  Too bad, saw so many acts there over the years and when they did the remodel it was so nice.
    Hollywood Bowl would be amazing. 
    Agree on it being The Forum.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Comatose PilateComatose Pilate Maine Posts: 353
    Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and Rhode Island 
    1996: Augusta
    1998: Montreal, Mansfield I&II
    2000: Mansfield I&II, Montreal
    2003: Las Vegas, Toronto, Montreal, Mansfield I&III
    2005: Montreal, Ottawa, Quebec
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I&II
    2007: Lollapalooza