Options

2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,561
    flight and room booked!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    I think these tickets will be tough to get
  • Options
    quasiquasi Posts: 492
    Does anyone know if Beacon Hill and Capitol Hill are ok places to stay in Seattle? Is there a preference? Any neighborhoods or areas to stay away from? 
    Capitol Hill is a great area to stay
    Not sure I would call it a good neighborhood, but it is definitely the cool and hip area (I work there). Also, it is one of the most expensive next to the heart of downtown. Beacon Hill is just south of Capitol Hill but not nearly as gentrified and more just homes/apartments, but it will be much cheaper.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18
  • Options
    looks like i’ll be seeing paul revere’s ride tour instead of pj considering the flight and airbnb have been booked... what corner of anticipation can i find my fellow fenway attendees waiting in?
  • Options
    pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 571
    So only shows officially announced is Seattle so far.

• Options
    Well throw me in with the other crazies around here, I booked hotel for Missoula.  Seems like many of them were already sold out.  Hopefully there is actually going to be a show on those dates, if not, I guess I can go check out the beautiful state of Montana:)
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,718
    the fenway dates are sun/tues? seems odd and dumb. i'm hoping they do fri/sun like last time, makes more sense. neither coincide with red sox games anyway. 
    I thought Tuesday Thursday?
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,718
    nicknyr15 said:
    the fenway dates are sun/tues? seems odd and dumb. i'm hoping they do fri/sun like last time, makes more sense. neither coincide with red sox games anyway. 
    I thought Tuesday Thursday?
    Never mind lol. 
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Kind of shitty there is absolutely NO mention of the other cities. I guess they just want people who didn't see the leak/don't research on facebook/etc to buy tickets to Seattle and THEN they'll announce the other shows?

I know no ticket info yet, so they could still right this wrong by announcing all the ballpark dates before Seattle tickets go on sale/lotto. 
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    Kind of shitty there is absolutely NO mention of the other cities. I guess they just want people who didn't see the leak/don't research on facebook/etc to buy tickets to Seattle and THEN they'll announce the other shows?

I know no ticket info yet, so they could still right this wrong by announcing all the ballpark dates before Seattle tickets go on sale/lotto. 
    They want to push the charity/benefit aspect of these two Seattle shows and not have it get lost in the announcement of other cities.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,919
    JimmyV said:

They want to push the charity/benefit aspect of these two Seattle shows and not have it get lost in the announcement of other cities.
    My thoughts too.  They'll probably announce the other cities tomorrow or Wednesday with the ticket lottery starting after that. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    JimmyV said:

My thoughts too.  They'll probably announce the other cities tomorrow or Wednesday with the ticket lottery starting after that. 
    I agree.  Doubt they are going to have more than one lottery for only a handful of shows.  Probably why there isn't any info on the site about tickets.  My guess is next couple of days.
  • Options
    jmug23 said:
    JojoRice said:
    JimmyV said:

I agree.  Doubt they are going to have more than one lottery for only a handful of shows.  Probably why there isn't any info on the site about tickets.  My guess is next couple of days.
    Agreed.  Assuming that it's just the 7 shows, one lottery should be fine.  

• Options
    Blacksheep76Blacksheep76 Houston, TX Posts: 167
    What is the rumored date for Missoula?
  • Options
    What is the rumored date for Missoula?
    Aug. 13

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    did they announce that bass player home state show yet?? ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Blacksheep76Blacksheep76 Houston, TX Posts: 167
    thanks
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    I think absurd Seattle hotel prices is going to drive up interest in the Wrigley an Fenway shows, whenever they are announced.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Sarava said:
    I think absurd Seattle hotel prices is going to drive up interest in the Wrigley an Fenway shows, whenever they are announced.
    Boston prices are always absurd. Already high now. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,351
    Are those hotel prices a NIGHTLY rate or for all three nights???
    My guess it's the former.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    Weird, you'd think Manhattan would be like the worst. I stayed across the street from MSG in 2016 for those 2 shows and it was around $150 a night. The room was fine.
  • Options
    Sarava said:
    And they won't come down anytime soon. Tuesday may be cheaper than Sunday but it won't be cheap by any stretch of the imagination.

• Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,762
    Booked an Airbnb near Pike's Market for $200/night, flight will come once there's a ticket confirmation in my inbox.
  • Options
    did they announce that bass player home state show yet?? ;)
    come to MT Dimi!!!
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    JimmyV said:
    Sarava said:
    And they won't come down anytime soon. Tuesday may be cheaper than Sunday but it won't be cheap by any stretch of the imagination.

They definitely won't be coming down, its college move in weekend. The hotels have the prices jacked up for the parents of the incoming freshmen.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    timdwilli said:
    For any Starwood folks out there, the W Seattle is currently available on cash & points ($110 + 6k)...that's really good value on the points

I appreciate the tip.  You are right about the good value.  I value SPG points at about .02 cents each so that's like getting the room for $220.00 vs the rack rate of $374.00.  I'll see you there!
    Gorge
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,810
    JimmyV said:
    Sarava said:
    Check out airbnb and VRBO now!!!!  I already booked.  If you're lucky you can find something about half the price of hotels.  I'm 1.2 miles from fenway with a reserved parking spot.  
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    Any thoughts on additional Seattle adds?  I doubt they add a 3rd Safeco show but with loads of PJ fans in town from Wednesday on, I could see a Friday or potentially a Saturday show added.  Maybe even a different venue like the Key?
    Gorge
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    Sarava said:
    Check out airbnb and VRBO now!!!!  I already booked.  If you're lucky you can find something about half the price of hotels.  I'm 1.2 miles from fenway with a reserved parking spot.  
    If you are planning on Boston listen to the man!