Options

2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878
    DEGBTI said:
    what I don't understand is the few people who have posted that they know someone at Wrigley, Fenway or Seattle, no one can give a specific date. They have a friend or whatever who says stamp it! but not one single solid date. . 
    If my buddy worked for a venue and said PJ is playing this summer, seams the logical follow up question would be when?
    :s

This is a valid point.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    JimmyV said:
    DEGBTI said:
    what I don't understand is the few people who have posted that they know someone at Wrigley, Fenway or Seattle, no one can give a specific date. They have a friend or whatever who says stamp it! but not one single solid date. . 
    If my buddy worked for a venue and said PJ is playing this summer, seams the logical follow up question would be when?

This is a valid point.
    The Seattle source gave specific dates.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    DEGBTI said:
    I think people risk pissing off their friends/sources by giving too much info if the source asks for some to be left confidential (i.e. exact dates).  Just my guess. Or no one actually knows. 
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Fake news? 
  • Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    bbiggs said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    bbiggs said:
    pjpitt89 said:
    Jack White announced too....but no Philly yet again
    Does anyone know how difficult it is to get Jack White tix? I’m not a TMR member so it would be public sale. Hoping to get to the Milwaukee show but it looks like a small venue, adding to the difficulty I’m sure. 
    I've always been a Vault member, so I've never had a problem. Ticketmaster is doing something where you can sign up to be a verified fan and get early access, so check into that. 
    Thanks for the tip! 
    You're very welcome. Hope you get a chance to go to the show!
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    bbiggs said:

Sarava said:
    bbiggs said:
    pjpitt89 said:
    Jack White announced too....but no Philly yet again
    Does anyone know how difficult it is to get Jack White tix? I’m not a TMR member so it would be public sale. Hoping to get to the Milwaukee show but it looks like a small venue, adding to the difficulty I’m sure. 
    The night after Milwaukee he plays Grand Rapids...and that's a Saturday night. I'm thinking I want to go to that show. Now my debate is do I join the vault just for the presale code? Honestly I don't want the vinyl package....but I don't want to miss out on tickets either.
    Would joining now get you the presale code? Or would you be exempt from the presale because you weren’t a member at the time of the announcement? 

I was obviously pretty pumped to get a PJ announcement today, but since it didn’t happen, this isn’t a bad consolation. 
    To answer your other question....as long as you're a Vault member by the time the presale begins on Monday, you'll be eligible.  ;)
  • Options
    KP278376 said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Jack White's announcement really threw a monkey wrench into my planning because he's going to be in Seattle and Portland the same week as the rumored dates for Safeco. What a potential dilemma this could be because I don't want to miss either.
    Or it could work out perfectly for you and you can see Jack White + Pearl Jam all in the same trip!

What if PJ brought Jack White out for the encore for a few songs.... mind... blown...
    That would be fantastic! I like the way you think. Luckily I live in Seattle so I won't be traveling for those shows, but I was considering the Jack White show in Portland. Hopefully none of them are on the same night.....yikes! 
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    DEGBTI said:

This is a valid point.
    I’ve asked. He doesn’t know. 
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    DEGBTI said:
    You want them to give the names address and phone numbers for their sources as well? If it is true, people post what they feel comfortable giving. That is it. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    DEGBTI said:
    That's  why they are called rumors and not facts
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,231
    I was just looking at the "my tickets" section under my account and was reminded that in 2016, they categorized the stadium shows separately from the arena tour.  I guess they did occur a few months later.  Below are the headings.  Here's to getting some 2018 North America Tour dates in addition to the Stadium Shows!!

PEARL JAM BOSTON AND CHICAGO STADIUM SHOWS

PEARL JAM 2016 NORTH AMERICA TOUR

4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,231
    I just gave this a try on twitter.....  we'll see if it bears any fruit..

@SGossard @MikeMcCreadyPJ @JeffAmentsArmy so guys, a lot of us @PearlJam fans are excited for some US tour dates this year.. keep us posted!
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    CO278952 said:

@SGossard @MikeMcCreadyPJ @JeffAmentsArmy so guys, a lot of us @PearlJam fans are excited for some US tour dates this year.. keep us posted!
    That's awesome. I have my toes crossed you get a reply!
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    CO278952 said:

JAA is a fan organization. They are not associated with Ament in any official capacity. 
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    SOLAT319 said:
    CO278952 said:

JAA is a fan organization. They are not associated with Ament in any official capacity. 
    Except for executing his orders.
  • Options
    AB4076AB4076 Posts: 8
    Tonight I talked with someone who was at the Southern Cal vs. University of Washington basketball game back on 12/29 down in LA and it just so happens that Jeff Ament was at the game. Jeff told him that they will be playing Seattle this summer (no date or venue) and that it had been far too long since they had played Seattle. Hopefully this is another confirmation.
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,896
    CO278952 said:

Something tells me Stone Gossard checks twitter about as often as he cleans his coffee cups.  But I appreciate the effort!
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 903
    edited January 2018
    You want them to give the names address and phone numbers for their sources as well? If it is true, people post what they feel comfortable giving. That is it. 

Post edited by DEGBTI on
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 903
    DEGBTI said:

uh no, wasn't asking for names, address and phone numbers big guy. I am thankful for any and all "rumors". It's just an observation on my part, nothing more. If dates cant be given then so be it, not dumb, I get it. But thanks for the clarification on what other people feel. You really put me in my place!
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,204
    CO278952 said:

Something tells me Stone Gossard checks twitter about as often as he cleans his coffee cups.  But I appreciate the effort!
    No, no. He checks it while he is polishing his Grammy.
  • Options
    AB4076 said:
    Tonight I talked with someone who was at the Southern Cal vs. University of Washington basketball game back on 12/29 down in LA and it just so happens that Jeff Ament was at the game. Jeff told him that they will be playing Seattle this summer (no date or venue) and that it had been far too long since they had played Seattle. Hopefully this is another confirmation.
    I also heard Ferris passed out at 31 flavors last night, I guess it’s pretty serious.
  • Options
    Can anyone in the know tell us when we can expect to get a U.S. announcement? January? February? Later? 
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    bbiggs said:
    Can anyone in the know tell us when we can expect to get a U.S. announcement? January? February? Later? 
    Yes
    Definitely 
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    bbiggs said:
    February 15th, 2018 at exactly 12:37 and 15 seconds. Eastern Time. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,740
    edited January 2018
    Nobody here knows when the announcement is that would be willing to share. We can guess on the past but as you saw yesterday that does not always work out. 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    February 15th, 2018 at exactly 12:37 and 15 seconds. Eastern Time. 
    Oh gee...I sure do appreciate you being so generous as to pull back the curtain and share the exact time with us lowly rumor thread followers! Marked my calendar lol
  • Options

PJNB said:
    Nobody here knows when the announcement is that would be willing to share. We can guess on the past but as you saw yesterday that does not always work out. 
    Got it. I just threw it out there for laughs. Didn’t know it would invoke a bunch of smart ass replies (not yours). 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878
    It'll come soon. We are in the ballpark (no pun intended) for when you can expect the announcement. I personally think it will be this month and not next.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,915
    Snowed/iced in here at my house. A tour announcement would sure help warm things up!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,740
    bbiggs said:

PJNB said:
    Got it. I just threw it out there for laughs. Didn’t know it would invoke a bunch of smart ass replies (not yours). 
    Lol everyone is on edge since they have not seen Pearl Jam in awhile. We need out fix!