2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,859
    Im just sitting here waiting for the announcement to drop. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • rvapetervapete Posts: 488
    jmug23 said:
    Sarava said:
    I'm thinking the lack of other leaks means there's not much else out there.  This day an age, you almost always hear about something before it happens.  Safeco, Wrigley, Fenway, and Philly (was that rumor solid?)
    Yeah. It just feels odd that after big South America and Europe tours, that they would only touch America so lightly. Hopefully there's more. The west coast is seriously overdue for a tour.
    Have to be saving themselves for an album tour the year after. Europe and Sth America bring the dollars. 
    Honestly, I’d be ok if they doubled or even tripled their prices for 10C tickets if it meant they toured more. I definitely think they should only tour as much as they want, but if it’s about making more money, count me in as someone who thinks we get an amazing price for an unbelievable 3-4 hour experience. I would have no problem paying much higher prices.  Just my opinion of course. 
    I think age/life commitments are the biggest inhibitor of the band touring these days rather than profit.  I agree we are spoiled at the current price point (fortunately) 
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,151
    ...given2fly23 said:
    rvapete said:
    Please no more ballpark shows!  My opinion of course but the baseball obsession is becoming cliche.  I'm cool with Wrigley every once in a while but this notion of every major MLB market getting that touring experience is gimmicky.  Nothing beats PJ in an acoustically friendly arena.
    Unfortunately, I think we're stuck with ballparks and festivals in non-album years/tours.  It's a sucky trend.
    Last 2 US tours during non-album years were mostly comprised of indoor arenas. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,790
    JojoRice said:
    Im just sitting here waiting for the announcement to drop. 
    Fingers crossed that by this tomorrow we'll have that announcement.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,873
    edited January 2018
    3days said:
    Last 2 US tours during non-album years were mostly comprised of indoor arenas. 
    By "trend" I meant going forward. I'd also argue that the 2016 arenas were still part of the LB tour.

We're lucky they don't do the whole festival circuit in the U.S. like other bands and instead just play one a year usually. The ballpark trend is not just PJ. Wrigley has had a ton more shows the last few years. 

We badly need that announcement or more rumors.

Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    Nationals just announced a concert this summer: Zac Brown band July 27.
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,683
    pulling69 said:
    PJ can play there in 2019 and Ed can wear his new Cubs Bryce Harper jersey. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited January 2018
    They are going to play South America, Europe, and USA Stadium shows in all 3 time zones in 2018... add in a USA festival or two... 

I'll take it, that's much better then 2017!!!

Late 2018 album release for Holiday sales... Australia tour follows...  2019 North American tour with a few legs... you know the drill 
  • OK...let's cut with the crap! Do they announce the U.S. shows tomorrow? Hard to focus on working knowing there could be an announcement. Suspense is killing me. 
    6/27/06 St. Paul**MN
    11/16/13 OKC**OK
    10/09/14 Lincoln**NE
    10/19/14 St. Paul**MN
    5/02/16 NYC**MSG #2
    8/20/16 Chicago**IL Wrigley #1
    8/13/18 Missoula**MT WA-Grizz Stadium 
    8/18/18 Chicago**IL Wrigley #1 
    4/2/20 Nashville**TN 
    4/4/20 St. Louis**MO 

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,925
    OK...let's cut with the crap! Do they announce the U.S. shows tomorrow? Hard to focus on working knowing there could be an announcement. Suspense is killing me. 
    I sure hope so, but no one knows. Or at least the ones that do know aren’t talking ;) 
    Have we had any such indication or are we just hoping?
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
    Hoping 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,599
    Only thing we are going by is 2013 and 2016 ballpark shows were both announced the day after MLK day. 
    PJNB said:
    Only thing we are going by is 2013 and 2016 ballpark shows were both announced the day after MLK day. 
    Ah ha, nice! I join everyone in their hope.  Ready to start planning.
    Already got a hotel booked in Chicago for the weekend of Aug. 18th. Hopefully it works out!

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,338
    JojoRice said:
    Already got a hotel booked in Chicago for the weekend of Aug. 18th. Hopefully it works out!

Hedging my bets and booked a hotel for Boston. =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• JM144705JM144705 Philadelphia Posts: 429
    JojoRice said:
    Does it matter where you stay at in Chicago? Like Philly as long as you have a car you can get anywhere in like 20 minutes so it doesn't matter (as long as it's not rush hour). I always here about the north and south side. I don't wanna stay and hour away from where I should but don' mind a half hour or so. 
    JM144705 said:
    JojoRice said:
    Does it matter where you stay at in Chicago? Like Philly as long as you have a car you can get anywhere in like 20 minutes so it doesn't matter (as long as it's not rush hour). I always here about the north and south side. I don't wanna stay and hour away from where I should but don' mind a half hour or so. 
    This will be my first Chicago trip so I'm not sure.  We booked a hotel downtown and are planning on taking the CTA train to Wrigley.  I asked some friends of mine for recommendations and they all recommended staying downtown since there's not many places to stay in Wrigleyville.  On the train, its only about a 15 min ride from downtown to Wrigley.  Since this will be my first Chicago trip, looking forward to seeing downtown and the Wrigley area. 

on2legs said:
    JojoRice said:

Nice!  Great minds think alike!

edited January 2018
    Use the CTA map as your guide. Wrigley is at the Red Line Addison stop. Parking there is pretty ridiculous during events. If you're a hotel person, anything near a Red Line stop will get you to Wrigley easily. Even the Brown Line is easy to transfer from. 

http://www.transitchicago.com/maps/

Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Use the CTA map as your guide. Wrigley is at the Red Line Addison stop. Parking there is pretty ridiculous during events. If you're a hotel person, anything near a Red Line stop will get you to Wrigley easily. Even the Brown Line is easy to transfer from. 
    Sweet!  We are booked at the Hilton Garden Inn downtown.  It's only a block or 2 away from the Red Line Lake station. 

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,683
    ^^^bring your wallet! Also, find a Portillo's to get yourself a Chicago Style hot dog (their chocolate cake is fantastic too). Then walk over to a Garrett popcorn. That stuff is FIRE! Then you may proceed to whatever else interests you.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 911
    JojoRice said:
    Sweet!  We are booked at the Hilton Garden Inn downtown.  It's only a block or 2 away from the Red Line Lake station. 
    Great location. Stayed there for Wrigley '13. Close to everything 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,338
    wbutler29 said:
    JojoRice said:
    Great location. Stayed there for Wrigley '13. Close to everything 
    Second that... we stayed there too and it was right next to the station. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Spurs14Spurs14 Buffalo Grove, IL Posts: 226
    How about PJ opens The WESC in early September?  That's the Bucks new arena (corporate sponsor not yet announced, although Foxconn is a frontrunner).  If they will be doing a bit of touring at the time, why not?
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,287
    Spurs14 said:
    How about PJ opens The WESC in early September?  That's the Bucks new arena (corporate sponsor not yet announced, although Foxconn is a frontrunner).  If they will be doing a bit of touring at the time, why not?
    Sounds fine to me.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    JojoRice said:
    Which dates did you book?
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
    SOLAT319 said:
    JojoRice said:
    Which dates did you book?
    Aug. 17 - 19. Hopefully a show on the 18th. 

on2legs said:
    JojoRice said:

I’m thinking of doing the same if we don’t get an announcement tomorrow. 
  • pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    pulling69 said:
    PJ can play there in 2019 and Ed can wear his new Cubs Bryce Harper jersey. 
    F all of that B)
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."