Options

2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• Options
    chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    Just for fun based on the rumors we have plus a couple other venues that would make sense:
    Aug. 8 & 10 - Safeco (Seattle)
    Aug. 12 - OSL (San Francisco)
    Aug. 17 & 19 - Wrigley (Chicago)
    Aug. 25 - Nationals Park (D.C.)?
    Aug. 31 & Sept. 2 - Fenway (Boston)
    Sept. 7 & 9 - Citizens Bank (Philadelphia)
    Sept. __ - Meadows Festival/Citi Field (NYC)?
    Would love a Dodger Stadium show, but the only real window for a show is Sept. 7-16 (like someone else said). Maybe they could do an LA show after Philly instead of NYC, but NYC seems more likely. I don't think Meadows has announced dates for 2018 yet, but I'd guess 9/21-9/23.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
    JimmyV said:
    The rumors right now are for baseball stadiums in the U.S.?
    Yes.. Pj after Europe plays at stadiums at usa
    Disappointing, for me, as i can't really do multiple  Stadium shows, with travel.
  • Options
    They are playing Citizen’s Bank Park in Philly for sure, likely second weekend of September. This per an executive friend that works at the stadium. 
    Now this is something i can do. But, this will be the ONLY Stadium i'll go.

Anyone ever see a concert at CBP? How's the sound?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    NDJeff7 said:
    Yeah, who has a good lead on the Raleigh make-up show that needs to happen?!?!
    kinda shitty they haven't done this yet. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,185
    NDJeff7 said:

This needs to happen!!!

no reason they couldn't swing down during the baseball stadium tours.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    edited January 2018
    chiefnjk said:
    Just for fun based on the rumors we have plus a couple other venues that would make sense:
    Would love a Dodger Stadium show, but the only real window for a show is Sept. 7-16 (like someone else said). Maybe they could do an LA show after Philly instead of NYC, but NYC seems more likely. I don't think Meadows has announced dates for 2018 yet, but I'd guess 9/21-9/23.
    Regarding Dodger Stadium, are we assuming only weekend shows? Seems like with Eddie all but sure to be playing Ohana September 28th - 30th (probably the 29th), it would make sense for a PJ show to happen anywhere between the 25th - 27th (all of which are away game dates for the Dodgers). 
    Post edited by walkunafraid on
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    JM144705JM144705 Philadelphia Posts: 429
    cutz said:
    They are playing Citizen’s Bank Park in Philly for sure, likely second weekend of September. This per an executive friend that works at the stadium. 

Both times I seen concerts there I thought the sound was fine. Better then the Linc that's for sure!
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    NDJeff7 said:
    Has anyone that canceled shows in Raleigh in 2016 gone back and done a make up show?  I don't think it's shitty that PJ hasn't.  
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    KC138045 said:
    NDJeff7 said:
    Has anyone that canceled shows in Raleigh in 2016 gone back and done a make up show?  I don't think it's shitty that PJ hasn't.  

every band that hasn't should if they are touring.

most bands cancelled for the same reason and bastard Governor (he ain't lovin' ya) got voted out.

we did our part, now it's time for the band to do theirs.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    lolobugg said:
    KC138045 said:
    NDJeff7 said:

most bands cancelled for the same reason and bastard Governor (he ain't lovin' ya) got voted out.

Well I hope you guys do get it and the ones who had tickets in 2016 get tickets for the make-up automatically.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    KC138045 said:
    lolobugg said:
    KC138045 said:
    NDJeff7 said:

Well I hope you guys do get it and the ones who had tickets in 2016 get tickets for the make-up automatically.

thanks, man.

I really feel for the out of state folks that had tickets.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    chiefnjk said:
    Regarding Dodger Stadium, are we assuming only weekend shows? Seems like with Eddie all but sure to be playing Ohana September 28th - 30th (probably the 29th), it would make sense for a PJ show to happen anywhere between the 25th - 27th (all of which are away game dates for the Dodgers). 
    Certainly possible, I just doubt the Dodgers would allow a concert only about a week before the MLB playoffs start. Seems like most shows at MLB stadiums wrap up by early September at the latest. (The Meadows Fest actually takes place on the grounds outside of Citi Field and not on the field itself.)
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    chiefnjk said:
    chiefnjk said:
    Certainly possible, I just doubt the Dodgers would allow a concert only about a week before the MLB playoffs start. Seems like most shows at MLB stadiums wrap up by early September at the latest. (The Meadows Fest actually takes place on the grounds outside of Citi Field and not on the field itself.)
    I see your point. However, there have been a couple mid-late September shows at Dodger Stadium the last few years (all of which have been playoff years for the Dodgers), so I certainly wouldn't discount it based on this. Beyonce played Dodger Stadium September 14th, 2016 and AC/DC played September 28th, 2015.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    JM144705 said:
    cutz said:

Both times I seen concerts there I thought the sound was fine. Better then the Linc that's for sure!
    Thanks.

Yeah, iv'e seen a show at the Linc and we left because the sound was so bad. 
  • Options
    chiefnjk said:
    chiefnjk said:
    I see your point. However, there have been a couple mid-late September shows at Dodger Stadium the last few years (all of which have been playoff years for the Dodgers), so I certainly wouldn't discount it based on this. Beyonce played Dodger Stadium September 14th, 2016 and AC/DC played September 28th, 2015.
    Good point--I forgot about those two shows. Dodger Stadium's field is pretty resilient compared to the surfaces at other ballparks (hi Wrigley). As a lifelong Dodger fan, I'd love to see PJ play there. Like you said, it would make sense right before Ohana.
  • Options
    JM144705JM144705 Philadelphia Posts: 429
    cutz said:
    JM144705 said:
    cutz said:

Thanks.

Yeah I seen Metallica at the Linc this past year and it was horrible. I actually went to customer service and told them how bad it was and they moved my seats which made it better. Might as. A try that next time instead of leaving.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,877
    I'm guessing these same complaints happen at every ballpark show.  They just aren't setup for concerts.  Terrible trend.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    lolobugg said:
    KC138045 said:
    lolobugg said:
    KC138045 said:
    NDJeff7 said:

thanks, man.

I really feel for the out of state folks that had tickets.

That would be me. I flew from Seattle to Hampton and Raleigh which was a stretch for me financially, so it hurt that much more when Raleigh got cancelled as I was leaving the hotel to go to the Hampton show. I couldn't enjoy the Hampton show, and it left a bitter taste on the entire experience. Not to mention that for months I had to listen to my husband complain about PJ cancelling, more salt in the wound. 
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    KC138045 said:
    lolobugg said:
    KC138045 said:
    NDJeff7 said:

x2
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    I love that my2hands is now in an article. Can I get an autograph bud?!

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    LOVE when the boys play Philly. I'm nervous about the lottery already! See all of you in September. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mcgruff10 said:
    I love that my2hands is now in an article. Can I get an autograph bud?!

HAHAHA. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    And a star is born! :)

I don't do autographs, you fuckers would flip that shit lol
  • Options
    JM144705 said:
    cutz said:
    JM144705 said:
    cutz said:

Thanks.

Yeah I seen Metallica at the Linc this past year and it was horrible. I actually went to customer service and told them how bad it was and they moved my seats which made it better. Might as. A try that next time instead of leaving.
    The concert was almost over and my ride said : "lets go" so i had no choice. But, to be honest i was ready to leave earlier.

That's a good idea, but  i doubt i'll ever go to the Linc for a concert again. I don't like Stadium shows, really. Only going to Philly if stadiums  are the only venues Pearl Jam is playing this year in the USA.
  • Options
    I'm guessing these same complaints happen at every ballpark show.  They just aren't setup for concerts.  Terrible trend.
    ^^^EXACTLY^^^

I guess its better then what we got in 2017.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    my2hands said:

You know it!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,901
    Australia Feb March 2019 is surely gaining momentum with hopefully a new album release late this year or early next year!? 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,748
    my2hands said:

And still no mention on there about the European tour being cancelled? Hmmm....something seems fishy round these here parts...
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    Australia Feb March 2019 is surely gaining momentum with hopefully a new album release late this year or early next year!? 
    Have there been some rumors regarding Australia? That’s a trip I’ll make if it really happens. 
  • Options
    I looked up when Fenway tickets went on sale in 2016 and found out they went on sale Feb 12th. So we have got to be days away from an announcement. My guess is next Tuesday (1-12) we get some indication of an announcement. I am going to call the box office tomorrow. We bought season tickets and I am going to ask about the summer concert series. I will post any information I find out.