Options

2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,698
    Sudman said:
    AndreJam said:
    This weekend here in Brazil, a lot of music sites are reporting strong rumors about some Pearl Jam shows here in Brazil in 2018 March, coincidentally, the month of Brazil Lollapalooza Festival, in Sao Paulo. Another date would be scheduled for Rio de Janeiro too. Weakly rumors apoint a possible Foo Fighters and Queens of The Stone Age at the same festival. It would be EPIC!
    pj will play  march 18 in brazil
    Wait a minute, so they are not doing Lollapalooza (which takes place between march 23-25?).

.21 and 23 are the dates in brazil..will not play in lolla only in brazil
    sorry,..18th is the date in another country..and i meant march 2018
    Hey Mr Dimitris, what is your expert opinion about dates for an Oz tour next year?  What month do you predict?  I love your predictions because they nearly always come true.
    if i have to guess..same months as 2006 and 2009 tour
    Yeah I think it will be November 2018/  Onya Dimi. 
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
    New Arena being built in Milwaukee for the Bucks, and ther gonna make the acustics for concerts as well.

Highlight of the article:

For Bucks, new arena is also avenue to sell Milwaukee

With a seating capacity of 17,500 for basketball and 500 more for concerts, the arena has 10,000 seats in the lower bowl, which planners say will help audio-visual experiences. Two-thirds of the seats in the Bradley Center are in the upper level.

And Feigin says that the Bucks have placed a premium on acoustics, including a roof designed to lower reverberation and reduce echoes. The arena also has what's called "specialized low frequency absorption" for bass notes allowing for cleaner bass sound.

"It's secondarily about basketball, probably the only thing that's secondarily about basketball is how you design this so it's a surreal acoustic experience, as well as a visual experience," Feigin said.

And here's the link to the whole article: http://www.thestate.com/news/business/national-business/article176697811.html

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    E.K said:
    Sudman said:
    AndreJam said:
    This weekend here in Brazil, a lot of music sites are reporting strong rumors about some Pearl Jam shows here in Brazil in 2018 March, coincidentally, the month of Brazil Lollapalooza Festival, in Sao Paulo. Another date would be scheduled for Rio de Janeiro too. Weakly rumors apoint a possible Foo Fighters and Queens of The Stone Age at the same festival. It would be EPIC!
    pj will play  march 18 in brazil
    Wait a minute, so they are not doing Lollapalooza (which takes place between march 23-25?).

.21 and 23 are the dates in brazil..will not play in lolla only in brazil
    sorry,..18th is the date in another country..and i meant march 2018
    Hey Mr Dimitris, what is your expert opinion about dates for an Oz tour next year?  What month do you predict?  I love your predictions because they nearly always come true.
    if i have to guess..same months as 2006 and 2009 tour
    Yeah I think it will be November 2018/  Onya Dimi. 
    a little later as it seems...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    cutz said:
    New Arena being built in Milwaukee for the Bucks, and ther gonna make the acustics for concerts as well.

Highlight of the article:

For Bucks, new arena is also avenue to sell Milwaukee

With a seating capacity of 17,500 for basketball and 500 more for concerts, the arena has 10,000 seats in the lower bowl, which planners say will help audio-visual experiences. Two-thirds of the seats in the Bradley Center are in the upper level.

And Feigin says that the Bucks have placed a premium on acoustics, including a roof designed to lower reverberation and reduce echoes. The arena also has what's called "specialized low frequency absorption" for bass notes allowing for cleaner bass sound.

"It's secondarily about basketball, probably the only thing that's secondarily about basketball is how you design this so it's a surreal acoustic experience, as well as a visual experience," Feigin said.

And here's the link to the whole article: http://www.thestate.com/news/business/national-business/article176697811.html

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited October 2017
    10,000 lower bowl seats is smart.... gearing it towards music is smart as well as ampitheaters continue to seem to fall from favor for concerts, except for Dave Mathews Band lol.... upper bowl in large arenas are usually bad seats in my opinion.... upper bowl at the arena in philly is massive and you feel like you're 3 miles up.... but I dont mind upper bowl for smaller arenas, sat there in Moline and they were great seats
  • Options
    I'll always prefer Alpine Valley for concerts, but as a Milwaukee resident, I'm excited about the local arena concert venue of choice getting an upgrade. Even though PJ was incredible at the Bradley Center, it's just not the best. They pulled it off better than anyone else I've seen there, including Metallica, Eric Clapton and Cheap Trick to name a few.

As a Bucks fan, I'm far more excited about Giannis than the arena. And it's ridiculous that taxpayers all over this country are being extorted to pay for these arenas, but that's another issue.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    my2hands said:
    10,000 lower bowl seats is smart.... gearing it towards music is smart as well as ampitheaters continue to seem to fall from favor for concerts, except for Dave Mathews Band lol.... upper bowl in large arenas are usually bad seats in my opinion.... upper bowl at the arena in philly is massive and you feel like you're 3 miles up.... but I dont mind upper bowl for smaller arenas, sat there in Moline and they were great seats
    The arena in Baltimore for the 2013 show seemed really intimate.  I thought I was in the gym from Hoosiers compared to seeing them at MSG. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    MK88178MK88178 Chicago Posts: 498
    I'll always prefer Alpine Valley for concerts, but as a Milwaukee resident, I'm excited about the local arena concert venue of choice getting an upgrade. Even though PJ was incredible at the Bradley Center, it's just not the best. They pulled it off better than anyone else I've seen there, including Metallica, Eric Clapton and Cheap Trick to name a few.

As a Bucks fan, I'm far more excited about Giannis than the arena. And it's ridiculous that taxpayers all over this country are being extorted to pay for these arenas, but that's another issue.
    It's criminal. 
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    my2hands said:
    The arena in Baltimore for the 2013 show seemed really intimate.  I thought I was in the gym from Hoosiers compared to seeing them at MSG. 
    Loved that arena and show... love smaller arenas in general and try to hit those shows... Charlottesville 2013... B-More.... Moline.... Hampton 2016.... 2004 VFC was great for small arenas as well, loved that tour
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,529
    edited October 2017
    my2hands said:
    on2legs said:
    my2hands said:
    Loved that arena and show... love smaller arenas in general and try to hit those shows... Charlottesville 2013... B-More.... Moline.... Hampton 2016.... 2004 VFC was great for small arenas as well, loved that tour
    DeltaPlex in Grand Rapids was awesome in 2004
  • Options
    If there is a plan for Europe in the summer of 2018 when could we realistically expect to know the dates? 
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151
    bejster23 said:
    If there is a plan for Europe in the summer of 2018 when could we realistically expect to know the dates? 
    f i have to "guess".....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,692
    bejster23 said:
    f i have to "guess".....
    Please rule out June 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    on2legs said:
    my2hands said:
    DeltaPlex in Grand Rapids was awesome in 2004
    Itwas
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,740
    Kearn5y said:
    bejster23 said:
    f i have to "guess".....
    Please rule out June 
    Mid June to first week of July would be a safe "guess". 
  • Options
    Cal.PJ.CCal.PJ.C Posts: 180
    Will it be solo dates or festival runs in Europe?
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Kearn5y said:
    bejster23 said:
    f i have to "guess".....
    Please rule out June 
    Mid June to first week of July would be a safe "guess". 
    with tickets being released in December
  • Options
    RyanRyan Posts: 1,016
    Off of the top of my head, the last decade of Euro tours were announced as follows:

2006 - announced in April or May, tour in August and September
    2007 - announced in January, tour in June
    2009 - announced in April, tour in August
    2010 - announced December 2009, tour in June and July
    2012 - announced in February, tour in June and July
    2014 - announced in December 2013 (shortly after the Seattle show), tour in June and July

The bulk of the lineup for Euro festivals in June and July usually get announced in December.  With this assumption I’d guess we hear something in December, January at the latest if PJ is “added” to initial lineups.

2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • Options
    bejster23 said:
    f i have to "guess".....

Does "f" mean February?   So cryptic.
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    bejster23 said:
    f i have to "guess".....

Does "f" mean February?   So cryptic.
    I hope sooner than that.
  • Options
    Birdie tweets the orange moon will rise over Pandora when the eagle soars
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,504
    my2hands said:
    Sounds like Birdie is on E and Blow.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    my2hands said:
    Something, something, a mention of Jeff's wife, something something?!
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 821
    Take this for what it's worth but with a little knowledge behind the scenes.  This is the current 2018 tour schedule:

South America - Spring 
    Europe - Summer
    US - Fall
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I'm dying for The Gorge.  Just absolutely my Holy Grail.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    I gotta lot of friends in Denver....
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    The US is a big place.... I assume its Western USA?
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    Ah, so it will be January 28th.   Thanks.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,740

Hmmmm
  • Options
    Yeah.......and pigs will fly!!
    Glasgow,UK(June 03,2000)Manchester,UK(August 17,2009)London,UK(June 25,2010)Manchester,UK(June 20,2012)
    Manchester,UK(June 21,2012)Milan,Italy (June 20,2014)Milton Keynes Bowl,UK (July 11,2014)Belo Horizonte,Brazil(November 20,2015)
    Rio De Janeiro,Brazil(November 22,2015)Prague,Czech Republic(July1,2018)Krakow,Poland(July 3,2018)Berlin,Germany(July 5,2018)
    Zurich,Switzerland(June 22,2022)Frankfurt,Germany(June 28,2022)London,UK(July 8,2022)London,UK(July 9,2022)
    Budapest,Hungary(July 12,2022)

EV:
    Taormina,Sicily(June 26,2017)Taormina,Sicily(June 27,2017)Lisbon,Portugal(June 20,2019)Madrid,Spain(June 22,2019)