2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,430
    mcgruff10 said:
    LukinFan said:
    wrigley again sounds good
    Are there rumored dates?  I really hope it's in late June or sometime in July. 
    I got some frequent flyer miles to burn!  June or July sounds good to me.
    I need to burn my Southwest travel credits by mid August. Need some PJ dates!!! 
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
    LukinFan said:

I believe that will be tough to do as they are in Europe June/July. Maybe end of July?
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    Possible Wrigley dates were posted earlier

Wrigley - Chicago

July 28 (Foo Fighters there the 29th/30th)

Aug 8

Sept 1

• chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    PJNB said:

Wrigley - Chicago

Aug 8

Sept 1

Wrigley also available between 8/16 and 8/22. The rumor was two shows before FF, but I don't think Wrigley normally has 4 nights in a row. Would also expect PJ to play two shows with a day off in between like they did in 2016. I think PJ will play Safeco and somewhere in Cali in early August, Wrigley in mid-August, and Fenway in late Aug/early Sept.
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 875
    chiefnjk said:
    PJNB said:

Wrigley - Chicago

Aug 8

Sept 1

Wrigley also available between 8/16 and 8/22. The rumor was two shows before FF, but I don't think Wrigley normally has 4 nights in a row. Would also expect PJ to play two shows with a day off in between like they did in 2016. I think PJ will play Safeco and somewhere in Cali in early August, Wrigley in mid-August, and Fenway in late Aug/early Sept.
    is that just a guess on a CA show or?
  • chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    DEGBTI said:
    chiefnjk said:
    PJNB said:

Wrigley - Chicago

Aug 8

Sept 1

Yes, purely a guess. West Coast is due.
  • kerbjackkerbjack kamloops bc Posts: 218
    edited December 2017
    DEGBTI said:
    chiefnjk said:
    PJNB said:

Wrigley - Chicago

Aug 8

Sept 1

The only real rumours are that they will play stadium's this summer in North America, no one knows how many or which ones. Heavy rumours for Seattle Chicago and Boston. The rest is speculation...they could just play 5 or 6 ballparks this summer, or do those 3 with 20 other arenas/festival dates this summer and fall

Doubtful they don't play a weekend date for each of the stadium shows. Considering there is heavy Buzz for Fenway on Labour Day weekend, and they wil, have finished their last Euro show July 14...The Aug 18 weekend (I screwed up the date in previous post)  seems to be the best guess for Wrigley.

Post edited by kerbjack on
    'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Whatever happened to the play my backyard petition?
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Whatever happened to the play my backyard petition?
    Must've landed in the same pile as the petition to preserve net neutrality.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    mcgruff10 said:
    LukinFan said:
    You got to think bigger picture my man. Maybe a Friday and Sunday night stand at Wrigley. On the off day (Saturday) you make the short drive over to South Bend to catch the khaki led maize and blue take on the mighty Irish in the season opener.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    mcgruff10 said:
    LukinFan said:
    You got to think bigger picture my man. Maybe a Friday and Sunday night stand at Wrigley. On the off day (Saturday) you make the short drive over to South Bend to catch the khaki led maize and blue take on the mighty Irish in the season opener.
    Well shit
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mcgruff10 said:
    LukinFan said:
    Damn that s a thought!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    A damn fine one if you ask me.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Wrigley is Coming!

The night is dark and full of tunes.

I drink and I rock out.
    Jaiku. Like haiku, but with more syllables. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    Rather that repeat stadium shows at Wrigley and Fenway, I think it's time for a Benaroyal hall repeat ...
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    Rather that repeat stadium shows at Wrigley and Fenway, I think it's time for a Benaroyal hall repeat ...
    Now we are talking:)
  • These Wrigley/Fenway rumors are HEATING UP!!!!
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Sounds like it's finally happening; PJ is going to become a stadium act in the US. Not excited about that at all. So we can expect the East coast to land in Boston, Midwest gets Wrigley, West coast gets a Seattle or Cali locale and if you live in the South you're SOL. Blech! That Super Bowl halftime show may not be that out of question at this rate.

If you want a regular show you'll have to go international.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    tbergs said:
    Sounds like it's finally happening; PJ is going to become a stadium act in the US. Not excited about that at all. So we can expect the East coast to land in Boston, Midwest gets Wrigley, West coast gets a Seattle or Cali locale and if you live in the South you're SOL. Blech! That Super Bowl halftime show may not be that out of question at this rate.

3 or 4 shows this summer does not really equal a stadium act imo. 
    PJNB said:
    tbergs said:

Who said it's only 3-4 shows?
    my2hands said:
    PJNB said:
    tbergs said:

Who said it's only 3-4 shows?
    Who says it is more? We are just going off of rumours here and there are only 3 locations that have any true rumours attached to it. I would be severely disappointed if they decide to play more stadiums and consider that there NA for 2018.
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894
    Do people think they would sell out a stadium "tour" with multiple shows in regions?  Obviously, they could sell out Fenway, Wrigley, and Safeco. But say they played Fenway and then stadiums in NY, Philly, DC......I'm not sure they are selling those out.  I could be totally wrong.

I'm thinking 3-4 stadium shows with arenas mixed in.  
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Did they not just play a bunch of arenas in 2016?   Hampton for example?   If they tour the US with 10+ shows I would think they will still be arena based, but this year sounds like a short US tour so perhaps just ballpark shows.  

• tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,925
    I think the US will have summer stadium shows and arena shows October/November time.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,618
    tino_11 said:
    I think the US will have summer stadium shows and arena shows October/November time.
    Agreed.  Based off of the way the band does things lately and the cities that are due, here’s my prediction:

cleveland, Columbus, pittsburgh, DC x2, Richmond, Raleigh make up, Charlotte, then over to Atlanta x2 and Nashville (both ATL and Nashville had scheduled shows cancelled due to Bonnaroo in 2016), down to NoLa for Voodoo fest (PJ at Voodoo is clockwork at this point)

then a 2 week break and 2nd leg that mirrors 2013 west coast tour
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    tino_11 said:
    Agreed.  Based off of the way the band does things lately and the cities that are due, here’s my prediction:

cleveland, Columbus, pittsburgh, DC x2, Richmond, Raleigh make up, Charlotte, then over to Atlanta x2 and Nashville (both ATL and Nashville had scheduled shows cancelled due to Bonnaroo in 2016), down to NoLa for Voodoo fest (PJ at Voodoo is clockwork at this point)

Man, I hope your prediction comes through! Would love to have 2 shows here in Atlanta. Would definitely hit up Nashville & Charlotte too!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,618
    JojoRice said:
    tino_11 said:

Man, I hope your prediction comes through! Would love to have 2 shows here in Atlanta. Would definitely hit up Nashville & Charlotte too!
    Same here, would be great shows!

There’s always a geographic area that’s due that gets missed, and I think it’ll unfortunately be the Des Moines, Kansas City and Indianapolis areas that get missed this time.  (Pure 100% speculation, just trying to logically think through things based on the last 5 years)
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    tino_11 said:
    I really like the sound of that
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    tino_11 said:
    I’m thinking this as well. I can’t imagine they would only do a few stadium shows. My guess is a Midwest / west coast tour late fall. 
  • That’s what I’m talking about