2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    ZeldaZonk said:
    kerbjack said:
    my2hands said:
    Don't care about Safeco... only stadium show I would go to is the local philly shows, except maybe cleveland... Seattle shows suck, that's why they don't ever play there lol

But arena shows, that's a different story... I would DEFINITELY love a Raleigh makeup date

I do care about Safeco cause its been 4 years (will be 5 next year) since they have played a non festival show this side of the Rockies. I plan on going and changing the Seattle poor show reputation on my own if I have to ;)

Now that the trans Congresswoman has taken over that bigots spot, you may have a fighting chance for the Raleigh show.

As for ampatheatres, I'd love the Gorge, but that seems to be a pipe dream at this point, they only have a handful of show there now.

I think you have your Virginia politicians confused with your North Carolina politics. Raleigh, NC, show was cancelled due to HB2. Virginia elected the trans person to Congress.

PJ still should make-up the Raleigh date. We all missed out on a great night and I had been looking forward to a home show.
    Yeah, the Raleigh cancellation was so lame. I flew from Seattle for that show and the Hampton show, and the announcement of the cancellation came as I was leaving my hotel to go to the Hampton show. While I am happy to have at least seen them in Hampton, the mood was ruined and it affected my enjoyment of the show. 
    Same thing happened to us... it killed the Hampton show for us
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    ZeldaZonk said:
    kerbjack said:
    my2hands said:
    Don't care about Safeco... only stadium show I would go to is the local philly shows, except maybe cleveland... Seattle shows suck, that's why they don't ever play there lol

But arena shows, that's a different story... I would DEFINITELY love a Raleigh makeup date

I do care about Safeco cause its been 4 years (will be 5 next year) since they have played a non festival show this side of the Rockies. I plan on going and changing the Seattle poor show reputation on my own if I have to ;)

Now that the trans Congresswoman has taken over that bigots spot, you may have a fighting chance for the Raleigh show.

As for ampatheatres, I'd love the Gorge, but that seems to be a pipe dream at this point, they only have a handful of show there now.

I think you have your Virginia politicians confused with your North Carolina politics. Raleigh, NC, show was cancelled due to HB2. Virginia elected the trans person to Congress.

PJ still should make-up the Raleigh date. We all missed out on a great night and I had been looking forward to a home show.
    Yeah, the Raleigh cancellation was so lame. I flew from Seattle for that show and the Hampton show, and the announcement of the cancellation came as I was leaving my hotel to go to the Hampton show. While I am happy to have at least seen them in Hampton, the mood was ruined and it affected my enjoyment of the show. 
    Yep, one of the worst parts about the Raleigh cancellation was that it completely killed the vibe of Hampton show.  I would probably rank Hampton 30 or 31st of my 31 shows.  
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    my2hands said:

I don't know what is up with the stigma for Seattle shows but I've enjoyed them just as much as anywhere else; probably even more so because I don't have to travel for the show! I read a few rants after the 2013 show, but most of it seemed to have little merit. It seemed like most of the people complaining weren't even at the show and were just jumping on the "dump on Seattle" bandwagon.
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,640
    ZeldaZonk said:
    kerbjack said:
    my2hands said:

Yep, one of the worst parts about the Raleigh cancellation was that it completely killed the vibe of Hampton show.  I would probably rank Hampton 30 or 31st of my 31 shows.  
    Which sucks because the setlist was insane imo 
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    my2hands said:
    I want to go to the Kettlehouse Ampitheater in Missoula... 

Testify! 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • my2hands said:
    I want to go to the Kettlehouse Ampitheater in Missoula... 

Me too!
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490

It seems the next time the entire band is on vacation at the same time we should ask them to drop it and play a concert in North Carolina.  They inconvenienced us and now they can be inconvenienced. 

I am not bitter anymore but still call it like I see it. 

• ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    bbiggs said:
    would bet against it... with Let's Play Two don't you think it's kind of an overkill for Wrigley so soon again.
    I agree it may seem like overkill since the last show PJ played was Wrigley and here we are talking about it again, but the lack of touring by the band and rumored 2018 stadium swing lead me to believe Wrigley is on.  While it may not be the most popular choice around here, they’ll sell out 2 shows in minutes. Most “bang for the buck” so to speak.  And you may be underestimating Ed’s relationship with Theo and the Cubs front office.  Wrigley is happening imo. 
    I agree, but I still feel bad for the fans that rarely see PJ play anywhere near them but have to read about them going to certain places with regularity.
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    lolobugg said:

Hey PJ,

Please come back to NC now that we voted the racist, homophobic governor out of office.

Thank you. See you this summer.

x2
  • Come to Des Moines Wells Fargo Arena 
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,291
    edited December 2017
    Moline or Madison, WI
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• GB281198GB281198 Virginia Posts: 398
    Never had a problem with the cancellation just the timing of it. The Stones played Carter Finley so if they want to play stadiums Raleigh has one available.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    The boys still owe Detroit!!!
  • The boys still owe Detroit!!!
    Be surprised if they go back there any time soon after what happened to Chris Cornell. Can't imagine Matt has fond memories of that place.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    weremin23 said:
    The boys still owe Detroit!!!
    Be surprised if they go back there any time soon after what happened to Chris Cornell. Can't imagine Matt has fond memories of that place.
    Didn’t think about that :(
    my2hands said:
    ZeldaZonk said:
    kerbjack said:
    my2hands said:

Same thing happened to us... it killed the Hampton show for us
    I can certainly sympathize. It was a horrible experience. 
    ZeldaZonk said:
    kerbjack said:
    my2hands said:

Wow, that's definitely bad! I can certainly understand your feeling, though. I tried not to let it get me down that night, but all I could think about the whole time was how disappointing it was to spend all that money to fly for those two shows and then have one yanked out from underneath as you're walking out the door to the other show. 

It seems the next time the entire band is on vacation at the same time we should ask them to drop it and play a concert in North Carolina.  They inconvenienced us and now they can be inconvenienced. 

ha ha ha I like your thinking!
  • kerbjackkerbjack kamloops bc Posts: 218
    kerbjack said:
    my2hands said:

True dat, I suck. Point still correct, there needs to be some evolution, baby!
    'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'
  • kerbjackkerbjack kamloops bc Posts: 218
    ZeldaZonk said:

ha ha ha I like your thinking!
    Sorry you guys missed your show, but really only wish that they gave y'all more notice. Some things are bigger than a show. That said things have not been progressing at a tremendous rate either.

Now back to rumours....
    'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'
  • pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    I would like to reiterate that my friend on the Red Sox ground crew indicates that PJ asked for a 3 night hold over the summer. Also of note a 3 night hold was also requested from the Foo Fighters and Zac Brown Band. Mentioned the "suits" want 12-15 shows this summer.

PS If you doubt my source I posted his pic of McCready jamming his head out of the Green Monster last summer, and posted the setlists early.
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • pulling69 said:
    I would like to reiterate that my friend on the Red Sox ground crew indicates that PJ asked for a 3 night hold over the summer. Also of note a 3 night hold was also requested from the Foo Fighters and Zac Brown Band. Mentioned the "suits" want 12-15 shows this summer.

PS If you doubt my source I posted his pic of McCready jamming his head out of the Green Monster last summer, and posted the setlists early.
    any specific dates/months?
    august or september?
    PJ 2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    PJ 2018: London 1, Padova, Roma, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, London 2
    EV 2017: Amsterdam 2&3, London 1&2
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    edited December 2017
    pulling69 said:

3 night hold would equal out to the same as 2016 I would imagine. There were rumours of them doing 3 shows at Fenway but I think people were getting the holds and actual number of shows confused. All of the rumours I have heard are Labour Day weekend. Have you heard any different? Vacation season is coming! Also Don't post the setlists early! People do not want to see that! 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Sooo they will be busy the months of June, July, and August/Sept it sounds like. Then they go on another break..? Sounds realistic actually.

Maybe EV does US solo shows around the Stadium shows (if rumors are true). But I would rather have arena PJ shows.. 
  • Any word on Amsterdam 2 yet? Can't book flights until it's set in stone.
    "Hey Eddie, great show-- fuck you!"
    PJ - London 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12 + 21/6/12, Isle of Wight 23/6/12, Seattle 6/12/13, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Boston 5/8/16 + 7/8/16
    Ed - London 31/7/12, Amsterdam 27/5/17 + 30/5/17, London 6/6/17 + 7/6/17
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    edited December 2017
    Apollo23 said:
    Sooo they will be busy the months of June, July, and August/Sept it sounds like. Then they go on another break..? Sounds realistic actually.

Maybe EV does US solo shows around the Stadium shows (if rumors are true). But I would rather have arena PJ shows.. 
    With a small park tour seeming to be happening I would imagine they have bigger plans late in the fall of NA.
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346

Any word on Amsterdam 2 yet? Can't book flights until it's set in stone.

I HAVE NO INFO ON THIS.  But I would just book it assuming they play 2, then worst case you get an extra day in Amersterdam
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    pulling69 said:

I believe you... any dates???
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    I've always been curious how security, ground crew, food vendors, parking lot attendants, etc. get information for shows a year away. Reminds me of that scene with Farley in Wayne's World.

"For a security guard, he had an awful lot of information."

• lolobugg said:

Hey PJ,

Please come back to NC now that we voted the racist, homophobic governor out of office.

Thank you. See you this summer.

x2
    x3
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16