Options

DID YOU SNOOZE?: Vault 7 Preorder now Ended. Also shipping and weather concerns.

124»

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    50 bucks. Fair enough.

Went to do it and shopping was 44 bucks.

Seriously?

No thanks.

@Santos L. Halper
    You can always purchase for $200+ on secondary market once these go out of stock.
    slh
    How about responding like an adult instead of with that unnecessary snark @Santos L. Halper? You're the one with the incomprehensible and unheard of level shipping costs. Not Thirty Bills Unpaid or anyone else paying to be part of this club and being forced to pay your shipping costs. 

can't say I'm surprised at the response given past snarkiness. I find it odd that this organization is ok with one of their employees representing them in this way. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,370
    It must be annoying that they sell items that sell out in a minute, then they are on ebay for more...I get that.

Just remember some of us have been here 25 years and love this stuff.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,544
    mace1229 said:
    Zod said:
    All good points.   I tend to agree with a lot of it (if not all of it).  I'm in area that tends to get a concert every couple of years (between Vancouver and Seattle it's maybe 3 years tops without a show).   I'll keep my membership going because seniority matters for those tickets (and I collect the xmas singles).  I've debated going analog to digital to save a few bucks (And track down the xmas single after.. meh too much effort).

It would be nice if 10c was a bit more transparent, and they adapted to the big concerns (you can't please everyone, but the big ones maybe they're worth listening too).  10c has a monopoly on exclusive pj stuff and pj tickets so it keeps them flush.   If they didn't have that exclusive access to band stuff, they'd need to be a bit hungrier to work on improvement.

At least with Santos' response, you know, that they know shipping isn't working.   I suppose that's why the new UPS option turned up, but it's just as bad as mail innovations (if not worse for international, because regular ups charges an arm and a leg to calculate and assess cross border tax).   Hopefully one day they ditch the ups experiment and go back the good 'ole united states postal service :)
    They stopped doing seniority on tickets liek 10+ years ago didnt they? isnt it just random or a lottery now for where your seats are?
    But I won't cancel for the same two reasons, xmas singles and seniority (just in case it ever matters in the future).
    No they didn't completely do away with seniority.
    For the g.a. floor shows in arenas the lower level reserved seats are distributed via seniority
    For the reserved floor stadium shows they are distributed via seniority with rows 1/2 and 9/10 available via lottery to all members
    For the g.a. stadium shows the reserved seats directly behind the pit are distributed via seniority
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited September 2017
    Zod said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Zod said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Zod, it's been nearly 4 years since we got a PJ show in the region. Who would have thunk it, living pretty much where the band does! ;)
    We had Pemberton last year.   It was pretty awesome :)   Driving wise, I think Pemberton was as much effort to go to as a Seattle show.  It wasn't bad at all.
    Ooohhh yeah. I forgot about Pemberton. I didn't go because summer music festivals are torture, lol. My sister even has a house in whistler where I could have stayed, but no, I can't tolerate a hot summer fest anymore. John Bonham would have to come back from the dead and then Led Zeppelin would have to reunite for me to attend one at this point. :lol:
    I liked the way we did it.  We stayed in Squamish and we heard nightmares about taking the shuttles from Whistler.  Someone on the forum posted about a 2nd parking lot about 3km north of the venue with it's own shuttle bus.    We grabbed our wristbands in Whistler, drove to Pemberton, parked in the lot, grabbed the shuttle to the venue around 4pm.   Got in, watched Jesse Roper, Noel Gallagher and PJ.    A bit a of crapshow at the end for shuttle buses, but the car was only 3km away.  That's a 30 to 40 minute walk.  Not bad at all.  It was such an amazing place for a show.   I liked the mix of the crowd too... it felt like half PJ veterans, and the other half the young complete weekend festival goers.  They didn't know what they were into, it was amazing watching all their faces melt :)

The key to seeing PJ play a festival is don't go to the festival all day.   Just treat it as a concert they're headlining and show up in time to see the first band you want to see.   I thoroughly enjoyed Calgary '09 too, and there were no other decent bands at that festival.   90% of the crowd showed up about an hour before PJ started.  

I felt like a pro.  If the festival didn't go bankrupt I was fully ready to do it again if PJ ever returned.  Beautiful spot for a concert and we knew all the ins and outs of how to make it work.   There were also private home/land owners selling parking close to the venue too, so all the stories about not being able to drive to it were unfounded.

I guess it still comes down to I feel pretty lucky.    Between the Vancouver area and the Seattle area, there's at least a show every 2 or 3 years.   That seems a lot better than many of fellow 10c'ers have.   The best place to live for seeing PJ is probably the NorthEast/MidWest united states.  I would say living halfway between Vancouver and Seattle is probably 2nd :)
    Yeah, I considered going just for the PJ set (I had no intention of attending a whole day - there wasn't anyone else I wanted to see that day), but it was simply too expensive to do that for a festival set, for me. Plus I don't like outdoor summer shows in any case. I really do have real issues with hot weather, so I have no interest in standing outside for hours in crowd during the summer. Just not my thing. I gave up summer fests years ago, and it would take something extremely special to get me to an outdoor show at all if it's hot out (i.e. warmer than maybe 23C). I'm one of those unfortunate people who feel sick and weak in the heat, and being in a crowd, standing up, makes it that much worse.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,158
    PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, I considered going just for the PJ set (I had no intention of attending a whole day - there wasn't anyone else I wanted to see that day), but it was simply too expensive to do that for a festival set, for me. Plus I don't like outdoor summer shows in any case. I really do have real issues with hot weather, so I have no interest in standing outside for hours in crowd during the summer. Just not my thing. I gave up summer fests years ago, and it would take something extremely special to get me to an outdoor show at all if it's hot out (i.e. warmer than maybe 23C). I'm one of those unfortunate people who feel sick and weak in the heat, and being in a crowd, standing up, makes it that much worse.
    I remember the forecasts making it look like it was going to be crazy hot for a while, then rainy, then it ended up being almost perfect.  A little rain just after I got there for Jesse Roper, and I don't think it got much hotter than 20c.   It cleared right up by the time PJ played and temperature was just right.  

I'm like you though.  The heat kills me.  I guess I risk it buying tickets to outdoor shows in the summer.   Most of the time outdoor shows in BC aren't too bad (unless your inland like Pemberton where it gets much hotter).    The worst I've been to were the PJ gorge shows in '06 and soundgarden in '11.  I think the temperatures went over 40c.   It almost killed me.  No shade.... its rough....

I'm definitely willing to suffer a bit more for a PJ show than any other band.... lol.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    PJ_Soul said:
    Zod said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Zod said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Zod, it's been nearly 4 years since we got a PJ show in the region. Who would have thunk it, living pretty much where the band does! ;)
    We had Pemberton last year.   It was pretty awesome :)   Driving wise, I think Pemberton was as much effort to go to as a Seattle show.  It wasn't bad at all.
    Ooohhh yeah. I forgot about Pemberton. I didn't go because summer music festivals are torture, lol. My sister even has a house in whistler where I could have stayed, but no, I can't tolerate a hot summer fest anymore. John Bonham would have to come back from the dead and then Led Zeppelin would have to reunite for me to attend one at this point. :lol:
    I liked the way we did it.  We stayed in Squamish and we heard nightmares about taking the shuttles from Whistler.  Someone on the forum posted about a 2nd parking lot about 3km north of the venue with it's own shuttle bus.    We grabbed our wristbands in Whistler, drove to Pemberton, parked in the lot, grabbed the shuttle to the venue around 4pm.   Got in, watched Jesse Roper, Noel Gallagher and PJ.    A bit a of crapshow at the end for shuttle buses, but the car was only 3km away.  That's a 30 to 40 minute walk.  Not bad at all.  It was such an amazing place for a show.   I liked the mix of the crowd too... it felt like half PJ veterans, and the other half the young complete weekend festival goers.  They didn't know what they were into, it was amazing watching all their faces melt :)

The key to seeing PJ play a festival is don't go to the festival all day.   Just treat it as a concert they're headlining and show up in time to see the first band you want to see.   I thoroughly enjoyed Calgary '09 too, and there were no other decent bands at that festival.   90% of the crowd showed up about an hour before PJ started.  

I felt like a pro.  If the festival didn't go bankrupt I was fully ready to do it again if PJ ever returned.  Beautiful spot for a concert and we knew all the ins and outs of how to make it work.   There were also private home/land owners selling parking close to the venue too, so all the stories about not being able to drive to it were unfounded.

I guess it still comes down to I feel pretty lucky.    Between the Vancouver area and the Seattle area, there's at least a show every 2 or 3 years.   That seems a lot better than many of fellow 10c'ers have.   The best place to live for seeing PJ is probably the NorthEast/MidWest united states.  I would say living halfway between Vancouver and Seattle is probably 2nd :)
    if only I had lived in a town that PJ frequented every tour where I could just say "I'm going to skip this one, it's too hot today". :lol:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited September 2017
    PJ_Soul said:
    Zod said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Zod said:
    PJ_Soul said:

if only I had lived in a town that PJ frequented every tour where I could just say "I'm going to skip this one, it's too hot today". :lol:
    :lol: Yeah well... Although honestly, I really hate festivals too much for even rarity to make me go. I have never seen QOTSA, and I am absolutely DYING to, but I still passed them up when they played the Squamish festival a couple years ago. Fuck that shit, lol. I finally learned my lesson at some point and know not to go - no matter the allure, I have never enjoyed a festival even a little bit. Not even when I was young. I find them rather annoying and stressful for the most part. I really never regret not going to one. Still no sign of QOTSA in this section of the planet. I don't understand why they won't do a Canadian tour.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Done with festivals here.  Even tho i think they're cool in theory.  
    I dont even count ACL'14 as seeing PJ because we were so far back that we couldnt see the stage.  Left after a few songs. Got to see the Replacements open for PJ in a way so that was mind blowing 
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    And im excited for this Vault 7!!  How cool would it be if they ship for Christmas arrival??