Tragically hip box set

https://shop.musicvaultz.com/*/*/The-Complete-Collection-1987-2016/5N460000000

Also says the box will be available separately for those that have purchased albums seperatley

Comments

• lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,880
    Shouldn't this be in "Other Music".
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,650
    thehip.com store is cheaper then Music Vaultz, but DAMN on the shipping rate.

Priority Courier $123.67
    Xpresspost $97.59
    Expedited $91.22

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,417

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    damn thats purdy.... love the box and slipmat.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Damn that's expensive
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    THE HIP
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,109
    Any mention of The Hip anywhere south of the border is greatly appreciated ;-)
    edited September 2017
    Damn that's expensive
    It so is. I wonder what something like this would cost if it was a Pearl Jam release.

It sucks thehip's shipping rate, in Canada, is WAY overpriced. Hopefully they will have a discount code it in the day's ahead.
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,071
    Usually you can find discount codes for musicvaultz.  I think I ordered all the hip reissues at 20%(ish) discounts.

I would expect shipping to be insane on the entire boxset.  That's alot of records.   It's probably really heavy when you combine the weight.   You could also hold off a few days to see if Amazon ends up selling it.   They've been selling all the other reissues so far.

As I've already been buying the reissues I'm trying to figure out if I want the box to put them in.   It sounds awesome, but keeping them in a box makes it that much harder to get out and spin :)   I rarely spin my Pearl Jam boxed records because it's effort.. lol.
    Zod said:
    Usually you can find discount codes for musicvaultz.  I think I ordered all the hip reissues at 20%(ish) discounts.

I would expect shipping to be insane on the entire boxset.  That's alot of records.   It's probably really heavy when you combine the weight.   You could also hold off a few days to see if Amazon ends up selling it.   They've been selling all the other reissues so far.

As I've already been buying the reissues I'm trying to figure out if I want the box to put them in.   It sounds awesome, but keeping them in a box makes it that much harder to get out and spin :)   I rarely spin my Pearl Jam boxed records because it's effort.. lol.
    Think Amazon Canada will sell the box set, being that musicvaultz said it's an exclusive release from them & thehip.com ? 20% ish discount would be cool but still.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,506
    Pretty awesome boxset. I would like to have one.... I don't think I can afford it of course - story of my life, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,071
    PJ_Soul said:
    Pretty awesome boxset. I would like to have one.... I don't think I can afford it of course - story of my life, lol.
    I liked how they were releasing about 3 albums every few months.   You don't notice $80 every few months as much as you notice $400 all at once.