R.I.P. Steely Dan's Walter Becker

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Sad, love the Dan and Walter.  Was supposed to see them in October, wonder what will happen now?
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    I didn't have any  of Steely Dan's records, as i i only knew the hits played on the radio, but i saw them a couple of times and they were really good. 

RIP Walter Becker.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    cutz said:
    I didn't have any  of Steely Dan's records, as i i only knew the hits played on the radio, but i saw them a couple of times and they were really good. 

RIP Walter Becker.
    I've heard they put on quite a great show-  would liked to have seen them live.  Cool that you got to see them.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I was lucky enough to finally see them last year and the show was absolutely incredible. Truly impeccable musicianship.
    My summers growing up were full of Steely Dan's music. My dads best friend had a pool where we spent almost every weekend, and was a huge Steely Dan fan. He'd play their music all the time, so naturally I became a fan thru exposure in my youth. RIP Walter!
  • "In the moooornin' you go gunnin'..."

What a great song. My parents used to have these songs at our lake cabin. 70s music is timeless.

Sometimes these songs come on at random times and take me back to happy, innocent times. Im grateful to artists like Walter for making my experience on this planet so awesome!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    I was lucky enough to finally see them last year and the show was absolutely incredible. Truly impeccable musicianship.
    My summers growing up were full of Steely Dan's music. My dads best friend had a pool where we spent almost every weekend, and was a huge Steely Dan fan. He'd play their music all the time, so naturally I became a fan thru exposure in my youth. RIP Walter!
    Same here. They always remind me of summers when I was young.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Beck played a tribute the other night in Detroit...

https://youtu.be/cWqtqOFJbRY
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    RIP. What a tremendous catalog of music. Only saw them once in concert. A great mix of rock and jazz.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    RIP, Walter. Just an awesome musician. 

And a pretty hilarious epistolarian as well.
    I SAW PEARL JAM