Options

P!nk - What About Us

I think this is a great song.. I just love music, doesn't matter the genre. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=987xHnVfRI4
1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

Comments

• Options
    She's still going with that exclamation point, huh?
    I'm not a fan but there's no denying her voice is fantastic. 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,537
    edited April 2019
    I did not want to go to a P!nk show at all, but my friend needed someone to go with her, plus she provided the ticket, so I found myself at her concert last night. Well, it was a hell of a lot more entertaining than I realized it would be, and she actually sounds better live than recorded, which is saying a lot, since she obviously has a great voice whether you like her style of music or not. Also - the best part by far - she covered Smells Like Teen Spirit in honour of Cobain on April 5th. And the cover was awesome.

The production seemed a bit ridiculous to me... however, it was certainly fun, and I felt envious of all the flying around on cables that she does. I wish I could fly around on cables all over the place and get paid a shitload of money to do it! Although admittedly, she gets paid for a lot more than that. A show like hers must take SO much work and practice. She clearly works way harder than any act I've ever seen before, by far. All rockers look super lazy by comparison, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    PInk is seriously under rated as an artist and she has not taken hold in North America to the same extent as she has in Europe and other parts of the world.  .  

This is the video that really caught my attention and caused my interest in her to pique, an acoustic cover of a song on her 2nd album at the AMA's   -

https://youtu.be/cKXb1LW0lEs

I've never seen anyone cover Janis so well and I think she has a similar type of voice, she nails the song, esp. the ending, in every video I've ever seen of this song -

https://youtu.be/wwmUMvhy-lY

I've never seen her and I would love to see her do a completely acoustic set, though I don't think that's in her DNA. And I do enjoy her dramatic 'Just Like A Pill' type performances. The aerial gymnastics are definitely amazing but I just like listening to her sing, there are lots of videos on youtube of her performing her songs acoustically and I am always impressed.  It's a shame that she has just kinda slipped through the cracks of the massive music industry machine in NA. 

I have concert envy @PJ_Soul

Thanks for the thread @Attaway77 - I feel the same way about music. If it's good, I don't care what genre it is.  And she definitely is a star.