Options

Payment question in the TC store

can I use two credit cards to make one purchase in the tc store? Will they split payments?

Comments

• Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,668
    Anyone? Can u split up payments on 2 cards? Bueler 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,513
    I don't think so - I mean, there is no way for you to do it online. I guess it wouldn't hurt for you to email 10C and ask if there is any way they can help you do it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,668
    Thanks
  • Options
    cropdustdaircropdustdair Lakewood, CO / Earth Posts: 2,006
    My question is. Will the 10C EVER accept PayPal???
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,528
    Why do you want to use PayPal?  Just curious.  I don't see why it is any better than a credit card unless someone doesn't have a credit card.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,598
    Why would you want to use 2 credit cards? 
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Why do you want to use PayPal?  Just curious.  I don't see why it is any better than a credit card unless someone doesn't have a credit card.
    The reason people would want to avoid using a credit card is because they suffer from credit card debt and the card is maxed out or they can't afford to pay off the balance and are just digging the hole deeper each time they use their card. Or, as in my case, they are almost deathly afraid of credit card debt. :lol: I won't use my credit cards anymore unless it's absolutely necessary .... though for me it's not ever necessary, since I recently got myself the Debit Visa, which is fantastic. Authorizations are real charges with them though, so you don't want to cancel an order after it's been "authorized" for a debit Visa, because it leads to banking problems.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,832
    So why not just use your debit card?  
    And if you are that far in debt, don't buy Pearl Jam merch! 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    mcgruff10 said:
    Who me? I do just use my debit visa. But most people still don't have debit Visa. They just have regular debit cards, which don't work as far as I know. So PayPal would be what they need to avoid using credit cards. The other reason one might want PayPal is because they have a balance on their PayPal account and want to spend that without waiting for days before it transfers to their bank account.

Agreed on the second point, lol! But not everyone can control themselves when it comes to PJ merch. ;)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Who me? I do just use my debit visa. But most people still don't have debit Visa. They just have regular debit cards, which don't work as far as I know. So PayPal would be what they need to avoid using credit cards. The other reason one might want PayPal is because they have a balance on their PayPal account and want to spend that without waiting for days before it transfers to their bank account.

Agreed on the second point, lol! But not everyone can control themselves when it comes to PJ merch. ;)
    No not you, just in general. :)
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Oh, well then it's because debit cards aren't credit cards and you can't use them to pay for shit in the 10C store. ;)
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Oh, well then it's because debit cards aren't credit cards and you can't use them to pay for shit in the 10C store. ;)
    Banks still issue regular debit cards!?! I haven't seen one of those since the 90s. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    has anyone seen my MAC card?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Amen!
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    10c doesnt accept debit cards anymore?  
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:

i use my debit card all the time in the 10c store. Maybe you international folks have something different?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:

i use my debit card all the time in the 10c store. Maybe you international folks have something different?

I don't think any Canadian would have enough cash in their bank account at any one time to cover the shipping costs.  Bazinga.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I think maybe she is referring to a card that only allows you to make a cash withdrawal from an ATM? Not a card that can be used like a credit card and has a Visa logo on it. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    edited August 2017
    on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I think maybe she is referring to a card that only allows you to make a cash withdrawal from an ATM? Not a card that can be used like a credit card and has a Visa logo on it. 
    Right. I'm talking about straight up debit interac cards, for ATMs and debit machines only. Sounds like everyone in the US must have debit Visa cards, but that is only just starting to get popular in Canada. A lot of people still don't even know they exist. It's far from a given that someone has one of those.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,992
    I've had a debit visa for so long I didnt think they made non-visa debit cards with major banks anymore. Places that dont accept debit will run it as a credit card and it goes through.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    I've had a debit visa for so long I didnt think they made non-visa debit cards with major banks anymore. Places that dont accept debit will run it as a credit card and it goes through.
    I think Americans invented it, so it was widely introduced there much faster than elsewhere. Only right now are banks starting to send out debit Visas as a given, once your old regular debit card expires. I guess in a few years just about everyone will have one here, but not yet! They are great though.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:
    I think Americans invented it, so it was widely introduced there much faster than elsewhere. Only right now are banks starting to send out debit Visas as a given, once your old regular debit card expires. I guess in a few years just about everyone will have one here, but not yet! They are great though.
    Do you guys still use dial up modem and rotary phones?
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    I don't think any Canadian would have enough cash in their bank account at any one time to cover the shipping costs.  Bazinga.
    :lol::clap:
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    Jerks. :lol:
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:
    Do you guys still use dial up modem and rotary phones?
    That's funny.  You do run into a lot of known establishments (not a tonne)  that apologize for the debit machine that takes too long because they're on dial up.  A lot of libraries as well.
  • Options
    nm219369nm219369 Posts: 204
    It might work if you purchase a gift card with one or both and use them
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    Hey now... from what I hear, we Canadians have a pretty fancy technology that I was surprised American's had never heard of just two years ago when I was on a road trip through the USA... portable debit / visa machines at restaurants! Apparently ya'll don't have those! so booooo yeaaaaaa!!!!!! yeaaa!!!!!! yeeeeeeeeeAAAAAAAAAA!!! visaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    evsgjamm said:
    Hey now... from what I hear, we Canadians have a pretty fancy technology that I was surprised American's had never heard of just two years ago when I was on a road trip through the USA... portable debit / visa machines at restaurants! Apparently ya'll don't have those! so booooo yeaaaaaa!!!!!! yeaaa!!!!!! yeeeeeeeeeAAAAAAAAAA!!! visaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
    Haha. Really?? I think we're at the point in Canada where if they don't have a portable debit/CC machine to bring to the table we think there is something wrong with their business. :lol: I assumed the US had them everywhere. I haven't been to the States for a few years now (the exchange rate got really bad since I last went, so I have largely been avoiding going down there to spend money).
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,992
    PJ_Soul said:
    evsgjamm said:
    Haha. Really?? I think we're at the point in Canada where if they don't have a portable debit/CC machine to bring to the table we think there is something wrong with their business. :lol: I assumed the US had them everywhere. I haven't been to the States for a few years now (the exchange rate got really bad since I last went, so I have largely been avoiding going down there to spend money).
    You're talking about those square reading things that you can just run a credit card with right?
    We have them everywhere, one of the companies will actually give them for free if you want.
    Many restaurants actually use them too, especially the smaller ones. They just don't have the waitress bring it to you, they just go behind the counter and swipe it.
    What is becoming more popular is ordering in line, then having the waitress bring the food. Those almost always have those portable ones. I hate it, because they ask for a tip before the service even begins and I never know how much to leave.
  • Options
    ^^^
    That would suck paying for your meal beforehand.  Unless it's dining at the Ritz I wouldn't go personally.