Do you believe in miracles?

dtravidtravi Miami Posts: 7
edited August 2017 in The Porch
Reaching out to all PJ fans for help:

I recently launched a social media campaign (reaching over 10,000 people) to help revive an annual music festival I hosted for 10 consecutive years that helped raise money for various local charities in South Florida.  The idea and concept are a bit far-fetched, although I’d be lying if I said that I didn’t believe that it could actually happen at the time of the launch.  As reality starts to kick in on how difficult it is to even reach a band of Pearl Jam's status, I have to push hard one last time to try and make something happen (anything). 

I can only pray, hope and beg that I can reach them to glance at my story, idea and plan on the site I created www.festidan.org.  

I understand that what I’m asking on the site is a bit of a stretch, but at this point, I’d take any type of reaction from anyone affiliated with the band!  Anything that can help spark the revival for another run at a good thing we had going. 

PJ's music and energy has inspired me to accomplish great things during the span of hosting the festival and if there's anyone on here that can help me, I would really appreciate it!

#PearlJamSavesFestidan

Email me, dtravi@gmail.com 

Post edited by dtravi on

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    My response to reading the title was a very Al Michaels....YES!

Looks like you are raising money for charities, and I applaud you for those past efforts, as well as your attempt to set up something so ambitious this time around. 
    Try posting in ACTS as well.

Great work in the past!  :rock_on:

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • dtravidtravi Miami Posts: 7
    Ha, thanks Rob!  Yes, posted in ACTS as well  B) 
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    HAHA Thank you!!
  • ccollccoll Posts: 34
    Seems to be more about you than anything. That is off-putting and takes away from the causes that you are hoping to support.   
    edited August 2017
    @ccoll
    Thank you for your input.  You're right, it is about me.  My passion is to create these events that not only create positive energy throughout my community, but also raise money for different causes in doing so.  I believe the members of the band share my passion, and its why i'm doing everything in my power to reach out to them.  We all have our reasons for connecting so deeply with Pearl Jam, this is mine.  Cheers!
    Post edited by dtravi on
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    Maybe tell us more about what the cause is, how this will help, where the money goes, etc.  Not a whole lot of info that way on the link.  Thanks.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Believe in miracles cause I'm one...
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    @brianlux
    Thank you for your feedback.  On the website, you can find the link to each of the charities we've donated in the past.  In the "Plan" section, you can see that all the proceeds for the proposed event will benefit Castaways against Cancer.  Check out more info here:  http://www.castawaysagainstcancer.com/

Thanks again!
  • RATS36RATS36 Posts: 14
    The Castaways Against Cancer is quietly one of the most sincere and dedicated group of individuals I know.  

I could not think of a more worthy cause!

Please check them out and if you are so inclined, CONTRIBUTE!

#PearlJamSavesFestiDan

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    dtravi said:
    @brianlux
    Thank you for your feedback.  On the website, you can find the link to each of the charities we've donated in the past.  In the "Plan" section, you can see that all the proceeds for the proposed event will benefit Castaways against Cancer.  Check out more info here:  http://www.castawaysagainstcancer.com/

Thanks again!
    Cool.  Thanks. :smile:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    ccoll said:
    Seems to be more about you than anything. That is off-putting and takes away from the causes that you are hoping to support.   

Seems about as legit as Bostonlou asking the band to play his backyard.

This weekend we rock Portland