POWERBALL!!!

C'mon, it's up to $700,000,000.00!

Count them zeros!!!

So tell me if you won the POWERBALL Lotto Jackpot what would you do?

I'd take care of my family and extended then buy an RV and travel the US and Canada.

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Yeah, same here.
    I would buy a house on acreage for everyone I care about and about a dozen in all the places I love most, then I would just travel the world enjoying new experiences and revisiting my favorite ones.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    rgambs said:
    Yeah, same here.
    I would buy a house on acreage for everyone I care about and about a dozen in all the places I love most, then I would just travel the world enjoying new experiences and revisiting my favorite ones.
    Would you have a farm on all the properties?
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Two chicks at the same time.
    rgambs said:
    Yeah, same here.
    Would you have a farm on all the properties?
    I think I just might lol
    Run to my specs by a well paid crew, all the food going to locals in need.  Sounds quite nice.
    mca47 said:
    Solid.

If I won half a billion dollars I might just be able to talk the old lady into it too lol
    rgambs said:
    mca47 said:
    Solid.

If I won half a billion dollars I might just be able to talk the old lady into it too lol
    hahahahehehe!
    mca47 said:
    "You have to pay double for that, Cotton"
  • ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    I'd make records
  • I lost
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I lost
    Not winning is not necessarily on a par with losing :)

I was thinking earlier...that is a SHITLOAD of bucks.  What in the fuck would I do with close to a billion dollars?  Really, the fuck?

Sure I'd be doing a jig of sorts, knowing my sweetie and I would be DONE with "work", but seems like managing that amount or even trusting some else to do so would be more a headache than a blessing.

Of course, got a long-ass fantasy list of charities we would so love to give beyond what we already do.

• DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    @tempo_n_groove

Are you playing in the ff league?
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
    hedonist said:
    I lost
    Not winning is not necessarily on a par with losing :)

I was thinking earlier...that is a SHITLOAD of bucks.  What in the fuck would I do with close to a billion dollars?  Really, the fuck?

Sure I'd be doing a jig of sorts, knowing my sweetie and I would be DONE with "work", but seems like managing that amount or even trusting some else to do so would be more a headache than a blessing.

Of course, got a long-ass fantasy list of charities we would so love to give beyond what we already do.

My first call would be to Warren Buffet.  My second call is to whomever he told me to call.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    I'd buy a Benny.
    Actually....probably still wouldn't.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    edited August 2017
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on
    And I'd most likely say goodbye to the United States.
    Buy a jet, then learn how to fly it.
    mca47 said:
    Those things crash...
    mca47 said:
    Those things crash...

Actually, my luck, I'd win the damn thing and a jet would crash into my house and kill me!  hahahaha  That would be my luck!
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    I'd buy a HUGE piece of land closer to the coast from where I live now and do everything I could think of to make sure it would remain a nature conservancy.  I would build non-invasive trails through the property, just enough to have small group nature related educational outings. I would buy a new ship for Sea Shepherd Conservation Society.  I would help WIldlands network secure more wildlife corridors. The rest I would invest so that I could a) live securely for the rest of my life and b) have a steady income so that I could do even more to help with conservation efforts.

I might also buy a bunch more records!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I'm pretty sure $700M ensures financial security for more than several lifetimes, Brian =)

It'd be a blast to indulge and give, neither in moderation.
    hedonist said:
    I'm pretty sure $700M ensures financial security for more than several lifetimes, Brian =)

It'd be a blast to indulge and give, neither in moderation.
    Oh for sure, hundreds of lifetimes!  My needs are few. Most of the money would go to everything else on my list. :smile:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

She ended up with almost 300,000,000.00 after taxes and all said and done.  I'm pretty sure I can try and live off of that!
    She ended up with almost 300,000,000.00 after taxes and all said and done.  I'm pretty sure I can try and live off of that!
    That's a lot of freakin' money!!  You could spend 95% of it right off the bat and still have $15 million left.
    Imagine how sweet it would be to host a run of 10club only PJ shows, from an acoustic backyard gig on up to a small stadium show.

And imagine being in charge of seating
    :naughty: 
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157

so it went from 700m to nearly 300m

that's fucked up

i'd be moving in w/ ozzy osbourne

purchase a couple signature randy rhoads marshall stacks & a couple polka dot flying Vs to match

help out family, friends & random folks

purchase land for farming: livestock, gardens & living (lots of trees)

open a butcher shop

open a bbq pit/smoke pit restaurant at the same location as the farm & butcher shop

start a trucking company

purchase heavy equipment & dig out a lake... just drive around a track hoe to check the mail... you know be a dick    

live music... often & badass

work at trout hatcheries

for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I can't believe I can't bet on NFL games because of the government when they allow the dumbest form of gambling cause they keep nearly everything and tax the few shillings they hand out.  

Only way to tax the poor is the lotto
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    & they say the taxes goes to schools. oohh ookk   
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    spend 50% on wine, woman and song...and just waste the other 50% :smiley:

with as big as the amount was I think taking the yearly payments for 30 years might have been a better option on this one.  it was something like $16 million after taxes each year.  would pretty much ensure you won't blow through it all if you take that option.
    I can't believe how many people win these big lotteries and end up blowing it all.  70% end up bankrupt?  Insane!

http://www.cleveland.com/business/index.ssf/2016/01/why_do_70_percent_of_lottery_w.html