Options

The Confederacy - Erasing History

Comments

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    rgambs said:
    I just saw an interview with a southern man saying he didn't consider the statues and flags symbols of racism and it was unfair for people to claim that he did because they don't know what he feels.  Then he goes to make an allusion to something named after MLK JR and, oops, calls it Martin Luther Coon...stammer stammer stutter, interview over.

Which station were you watching?  
    It was posted to Facebook
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,513
    edited August 2017
    I saw that interview too. I don't think it was technically intentional. I think he has been calling MLK that for many, many years, likely to the great amusement of all his redneck racist friends, to the point where it's committed to muscle memory, so he just couldn't control that it came out of his mouth that way.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    I saw that interview too. I don't think it was technically intentional. I think he has been calling MLK that for many, many years, likely to the great amusement of all his redneck racists friends, to the point where it's committed to muscle memory, so he just couldn't control that it came out of his mouth that way.

You saw that interview on FB too?  When?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    I saw that interview too. I don't think it was technically intentional. I think he has been calling MLK that for many, many years, likely to the great amusement of all his redneck racists friends, to the point where it's committed to muscle memory, so he just couldn't control that it came out of his mouth that way.

You're way behind the times - I think I probably saw it way back on Friday or something! It was reported pretty widely.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

You're way behind the times - I think I probably saw it way back on Friday or something! It was reported pretty widely.
    Widely reported on FB only?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

No, on various media sites.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Link?
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Link?
    https://www.google.ca/

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    ^^^
    Funny, google doesn't appear to produce any results of this interview that yourself and rgambs saw.  Do you have one?

• Options
    edited August 2017
    ^^^
    Funny, google doesn't appear to produce any results of this interview that yourself and rgambs saw.  Do you have one?

No, I'm not doing it for you just because I refuse to help when you're trolling. When I googled the term used I got 408,000 results. Maybe you don't know how to Google?
  • Options
    ^^^
    I'm serious.  I can't find a single google article that talks about this interview that was reported widely on various media sites.  Which sites?

• Options
    ^^^
    I'm serious.  I can't find a single google article that talks about this interview that was reported widely on various media sites.  Which sites?

I'm serious too. They are out there, there is a big Google result when you search the term, god knows wtf you're doing wrong to not see anything, and I am not willing to help you out of pure spite. I'm tempted to add a passive aggressive smiley face, but I won't.
  • Options
    ^^^
    I'm just saying that I would like to see this interview that was widely reported.  I can't even find it on youtube.  Weird.

• Options
    ^^^
    I'm just saying that I would like to see this interview that was widely reported.  I can't even find it on youtube.  Weird.

If you weren't a troll it would be weird. But for you, it's not weird at all.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    ^^^

See this whole conversation is weird.  Where is this article that was widely published and only apparently seen by two people on here?
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    PJ_Soul said:
    ^^^

See this whole conversation is weird.  Where is this article that was widely published and only apparently seen by two people on here?
    Let me google that for you: 
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=man+refers+to+martin+luther+coon

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbr said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    ^^^

Thanks.  I typed in many things not that though.  I didn't want to get trapped in you tube hell from the things I typed in.  
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,575
    A thread all its own.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,968
    jeffbr said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    ^^^

Thanks.  I typed in many things not that though.  I didn't want to get trapped in you tube hell from the things I typed in.  
    Inept definition: having or showing no skill; clumsy.
  • Options
    So how many statues are coming down this week?
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Seriously dude? I'm so annoyed with you . You couldn't find it on YouTube? Your Google search yielded no results? Whatvare you even arguing? That it never happened? That it wasn't reported? 

https://youtu.be/3CSgMHVuHhc

will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,621
    Like I said before.. JC is actually PJFan with better google skills.  
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,621
    PJ_Soul said:
    ^^^

I'm serious too. They are out there, there is a big Google result when you search the term, god knows wtf you're doing wrong to not see anything, and I am not willing to help you out of pure spite. I'm tempted to add a passive aggressive smiley face, but I won't.
    Now this, was very funny.  
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,537
    mrussel1 said:
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    mrussel1 said:
    lol
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    That's not some deadbeat hillbilly.
    That's someone's accountant, realtor, lawyer, that's a local businessman, a member of the Rotary Club and a regular in the church pews.
    That's the face of racism in America, it's everywhere and it's not a tiny minority of toothless mullets.  
    That's Trump's base.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,674
    edited September 2017
    Seriously dude? I'm so annoyed with you . You couldn't find it on YouTube? Your Google search yielded no results? Whatvare you even arguing? That it never happened? That it wasn't reported? 

https://youtu.be/3CSgMHVuHhc

"Martin Luther Coon."  No way did that just slip out.  Look at the fucker's eyes.  Piece of shit.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,674
    Jason P said:
    :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    Missouri Republican politician calls for the individual(s) who deface Confederate statues to be lynched.

After all, it used to work so well at controlling the population, right?

http://www.salon.com/2017/09/01/missouri-republican-people-who-vandalize-confederate-statues-should-be-lynched/

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf