Comments

• Options
    NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    Progress 4 hours in

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    Fuck yeah 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Pork shoulder is the bomb.  One of my buddies in CA makes it to perfection.  I do OK but not close to his.  Days of good eating, looking forward to the finished pic!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Side dish
  • Options
    Rest for an hour then time to pull

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Looking good!
  • Options
    Done

• Options
    Gimme a good roll, some hot sauce, some slaw, and get the hell outta my way!
    Looks great.
    When you smoke it you don't get the liquid that you get when roasting, right?
    I usually dip the rolls in there before

Damn.
  • Options
    And...I'm going for the pink parts.  ;)

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    And...I'm going for the pink parts.  ;)

Looks like ol’ F Me got into the pink
    parts. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    That's what happens!
  • Options
    Gimme a good roll, some hot sauce, some slaw, and get the hell outta my way!
    Looks great.
    When you smoke it you don't get the liquid that you get when roasting, right?
    I usually dip the rolls in there before

Damn.
    Yes. I add a vinegar sauce to it once it’s pulled then I add some bbq sauce, slaw and pickled onions once it’s on the bun. It finished so late last night I just had a few pieces. I’ll make a sandwich later today.
  • Options
    Sounds amazing
  • Options
    Your pork butt inspired me. Doing a small shoulder porchetta style 

• Options
    Nice.

At 6.99 a pound I couldn't pass up a few of these today.  Ate them in less than ten minutes....damn, I love lobster.
    Also, the tomatoes were home runs and the corn was about a triple.  Long hot was brutally fucking hot.  Strange how those are hit and miss.

Also, introduced the four year old to brioche.  
    Mistake.  That shit is like crack.

• Options
    Your pork butt inspired me. Doing a small shoulder porchetta style 

Looks nice!
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Preppin’

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Done. 

Also, having these guys.

Busy grill. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Fuck yeah
  • Options
    Hell yes!
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Dinner was a summer classic I call cold mess/hot mess.

Stroll through the garden, grab what's ripe, and eat it lol
    Cold mess today was cucumber, onion, and Cherokee Purple maters with a drizzle of (hate me if you wish) Hidden Valley Ranch.
    After that is the hot mess, which today was yellow squash, onion, green pepper, and kielbasa.  Salt and pepper.
    Sometimes simple is best.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Agree and that sounds great.  Simple pan seared thin pork chops and a salad of ingredients grown within a mile of the house....also baked fingerling potatoes, sweet onions, and butternut squash.  
    The wife and I were both loving the meal - all healthy - all fresh - and an idiot could cook it to amazing taste.  (And I did!)
    Listened to an hour's worth of good tunes while cooking.
    Good times.
  • Options
    The awesome thing about the clams is that my neighbor/daughter’s friend’s dad goes to Ipswich and does all the work. He brings us back a generous portion of his harvest, and all we have to do is cook ’em. Free food! 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    That is awesome
  • Options
    No shit. I dug enough clams and coquinas in my Florida days—the latter being especially labor intensive due to their diminutive size. Made a damn good soup, though. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,401
    Damn! Some of you all have been eating well!

Yesterday, I took my mother-in-laws California living, city slicker relatives up to the family farm for a giant sweet corn feed. Made them pick and shuck 10 dozen ears. Boiled it in the barn, threw the finished cobs in an igloo cooler filled with ice water, then had at it.  Hard to beat super fresh sweet corn.

Afterwards, the pigs got the left overs. Gotta get those fuckers fattened up before the fall.
  • Options
    Al Roker on Hot Wings 
    First ...I'm a fan of his in a few ways

Second....it was the worst completion I have ever seen.  He ate the smallest piece of chicken wing possible.  Awful 
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    Smoked some pork belly last night.  Was absolutely delicious....really loving this new smoker.

• Options
    Smoked some pork belly last night.  Was absolutely delicious....really loving this new smoker.

That looks awesome. how’d you do it? 
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736

That looks awesome. how’d you do it? 
    Got some slabs of pork belly from Costco...skin is already trimmed off so it's nice and easy.  Just cut them up into little pieces....hit it with the dry rub and a little bit of olive oil.  Put all the pieces directly on the racks in my smoker and smoked them at 225 for a little under 3 hours.  Took the pieces out and mixed in bbq sauce, a little butter and a little bit of honey.  Threw the tin back in the smoker covered for a half hour then did 15 more mins in the smoker uncovered.  Nice and easy and done within 4 hours...not bad at all.