Let's Play Two Vinyl, CD/DVD, Blu-ray, Slipmats & Stickers

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 9,942
    Yah.  Most of the live bootlegs in my collection are the shows I've been too, and a handful of standout shows I wasn't.   It's usually my favourite shows I was at the I go back too.    I think it's because you can multitask with music.   Crank it on the stereo while your doing other things or while your driving around.     We've listened to Pemberton from last year way too many times...  I would love to relive the complete Wrigley shows on CD simply because I was there and it brings back good memories :)
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    I like the idea of a full concert video but I might find time to sit and watch something like that all the way through maybe once a year or every couple of years.  Don't get me wrong.  I would be really excited to see it the first time but after that... not so much.  

I much prefer audio bootlegs for reasons previously stated by others.  

How often do people here here sit down and watch a full concert DVD all the way through?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    im going to buy this regardless of which type of media it is.  
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    im going to buy this regardless of which type of media it is.  
    Exactly. The longer we wait, the more we speculate and the bigger the expectations... 

Fenway was straightforward boot releases, but Wrigley has been teased for months without the boots. We need to kill time during a year without tour dates to obsess over.
  • stevedsteved Posts: 651
    on2legs said:
    I like the idea of a full concert video but I might find time to sit and watch something like that all the way through maybe once a year or every couple of years.  Don't get me wrong.  I would be really excited to see it the first time but after that... not so much.  

How often do people here here sit down and watch a full concert DVD all the way through?
    I am one of the rare people who watches concerts every night once my girls are sleeping! lol

The more important point I find is that on a commercial release when it is a chopped up show, and not a complete concert, the first songs that get cut are the rare songs and the imperfect performances which are the lesser performed tracks. These are the ones I want to see the most. These are the songs that are rarely documented songs on video throughout their career that make it so special to have a complete Blu-ray! Although I will enjoy them, to have another version of Alive and Betterman is not anywhere near as special to me as the Oceans / Footsteps opening from night 2 or so many other cool moments that I fear will be left on the chopping block!
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    ^^ I'd like to see the rarities make the video as well.  I hope Sad is included but wouldn't be surprised if it's cut.  If Masters of War doesn't make it in the video I'd be pissed, but I have higher hopes given Mike's moment of insanity. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,942
    on2legs said:

Not often, which is bad considering the sheer collection of HD concerts i've accumulated off the internet.

I think that's why I'm ok with a compilation of both nights for the video.   If they did full runs, that's over 6 hours of movie :)  How often am I going to watch that :)

I wonder how long this will end up being?
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    Zod said:
    on2legs said:

Not often, which is bad considering the sheer collection of HD concerts i've accumulated off the internet.

I think that's why I'm ok with a compilation of both nights for the video.   If they did full runs, that's over 6 hours of movie :)  How often am I going to watch that :)

Agreed on the 6 hrs of show material. That's a long time to devote to sitting in front of the TV.   For that reason I really liked the Immagine In Cornice video. It was a great compilation with some really interesting filler between songs.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    steved said:
    on2legs said:

I am one of the rare people who watches concerts every night once my girls are sleeping! lol

The more important point I find is that on a commercial release when it is a chopped up show, and not a complete concert, the first songs that get cut are the rare songs and the imperfect performances which are the lesser performed tracks. These are the ones I want to see the most. These are the songs that are rarely documented songs on video throughout their career that make it so special to have a complete Blu-ray! Although I will enjoy them, to have another version of Alive and Betterman is not anywhere near as special to me as the Oceans / Footsteps opening from night 2 or so many other cool moments that I fear will be left on the chopping block!
    Great point
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    Cornice and Water on the Road are really the only ones I watch more than once every few years. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    The boots please..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • TristeluneTristelune Posts: 318
     We have like 500 audio boots to listen to and 4 concert dvds to watch, none in HD and the most recent being 10 years old. We could use solid Blu-ray release. I Don't get the 'I don't watch those often' argument given the shitload of audio stuff available. And it's not even like video release would mean no audio release.
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    I'm ready for another teaser. Hopefully today!
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • jcubjcub Posts: 21
    Just saw a post on Facebook that said-"Let's Play Two plus Extra Innings".  Curious what the extra innings will be??
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    jcub said:
    Just saw a post on Facebook that said-"Let's Play Two plus Extra Innings".  Curious what the extra innings will be??
    Rooftop 
    All the Way w/ Ernie in 2013
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • ry75guyry75guy Posts: 213
    Chloe / Crown from 2013 would be awesome, but agree Rooftop and Ernie All The Way make the most sense.
    Tinley Park, IL 08-02-1992
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Moline, IL 10-17-2014
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-22-2016
    Chicago, IL 08-18-2018
    Chicago, IL 08-20-2018
    St. Louis, MO 09-18-2022
    ry75guy said:
    Chloe / Crown from 2013 would be awesome!!!!

• stevedsteved Posts: 651
    edited August 2017
    on2legs said:
    Zod said:
    on2legs said:

Agreed on the 6 hrs of show material. That's a long time to devote to sitting in front of the TV.   For that reason I really liked the Immagine In Cornice video. It was a great compilation with some really interesting filler between songs.  
    Looking back through the thread, this I found an interesting way of looking at it. Every time I put a Bluray in or a CD, I usually don't have the time to devote to sit down and enjoy the entire content of whatever there is. Like it has been said, usually the first couple of times, and then maybe to revisit it after a longer while. The great thing is the more content it has on it, those other times I will go back and have the remote control in my hand and be able to hit the fast forward button and watch my favorite tunes if that's all I have time for.  This is a Bluray so we can do that. If I have 13 or so songs, and most of them new songs or greatest hits like Cornice, there is far less material then if it was  a complete concert. Bottom line, More Video is Better! 

With a CD I might feel more inclined in the car to listen to a show where I left off and play it straight through. 
    Post edited by steved on
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Talked to a couple pj buddies this weekend and they thought the teaser meant 2 more shows at Wrigley- I had to let them down softly... :)
    are there more teasers coming???
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    my2hands said:
    are there more teasers coming???

I'm hoping for a second one today. Perhaps a third on Wednesday, leading to the big reveal on the 10th.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,329
    edited August 2017
    Maybe the official trailer on the 10th for a September or October theater release?
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    That's so far away. Teaser 2 on the 10th for an end of August release??
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • HawkeyeJamHawkeyeJam Posts: 209
    demetrios said:
    Maybe the official trailer on the 10th for a September or October theater release?
    I got to imagine at the very least the theatrical release is before Sept 22nd

The pennants that surfaced at the HoF stated coming Summer 2017
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    edited August 2017
    If we haven't seen the pennants out in the wild except for a pic from the company making them, perhaps the release was delayed and the "Summer 2017" isn't relevant any more...?

I'm guessing they'll hold onto it until the playoffs (early October). If it releases and the Cubs are in the race, great. If they aren't, at least I can watch that in October. :)
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    demetrios said:
    I got to imagine at the very least the theatrical release is before Sept 22nd

The pennants that surfaced at the HoF stated coming Summer 2017
    Maybe there was a miscommunication and it was actually "Some Where 2017", but they were at a bar, had a few too many and it came out more like "somere".....You know how these PJ's rumors get blown out of proportion ;)
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,857
    demetrios said:

Do we know that there will be a theater release? Has this been announced?
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    Ray J. T. said:
    demetrios said:

Do we know that there will be a theater release? Has this been announced?
    All speculation
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Weren't the amazon links for late August before they were taken down?