3 new Mike McCready albums coming soon *The Glamour & The Squalor tracklist added

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
edited August 2017 in The Porch
Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    Soundtracks maybe?
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    Cool!
    Could one of them be the 'Music As Medicine' charity album (formerly 'Good Sh!t'), or has that already been released and I missed it?
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,765
    He's like the energizer bunny.  Just can't sit still. 
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    Neat!
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • moyboymoyboy Posts: 131
    edited July 2017
    demetrios said:

NOPE.
    That's only ONE of the three. :)
    Mike Score album for TG&TS.

edited August 2017
    here is what i wrote on the original facebook post (where I wasn't limited to 140 characters):
    -- COMING SOON: i am honored and excited to be finishing up THREE FULL ALBUMS of music with Mike McCready of Pearl Jam! the first album will be released in about three or four weeks probably; the other two are a different idea - kinda brother and sister albums to eachother, for charity, and i'm hoping those will be out end of this year. thank you to the other handsome guy in this picture, Chris Adams, for all the help too! more details on everything, when I am allowed to share them! still finishing up a few things... --
    Post edited by moyboy on
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    moyboy said:
    demetrios said:

NOPE.
    That's only ONE of the three. :)
    Mike Score album for TG&TS.

Sweet!!
    moyboy said:
    here is what i wrote on the original facebook post (where I wasn't limited to 140 characters):
    -- COMING SOON: i am honored and excited to be finishing up THREE FULL ALBUMS of music with Mike McCready of Pearl Jam! the first album will be released in about three or four weeks probably; the other two are a different idea - kinda brother and sister albums to eachother, for charity, and i'm hoping those will be out end of this year. thank you to the other handsome guy in this picture, Chris Adams, for all the help too! more details on everything, when I am allowed to share them! still finishing up a few things... --

^Awesome!!

• jazzbo26jazzbo26 Framingham, MA Posts: 674
    Score and soundtrack CD's up for preorder on Amazon.

We will have more info on the artist and track list for both albums to share sometime soon.

In the meantime, I can divulge that one of the songs on the McCready Score is titled "Sean Mac On A Horse On A Boat".

• jazzbo26jazzbo26 Framingham, MA Posts: 674
    Can you also divulge if there will be vinyl?
    jazzbo26 said:
    we sure hope so, and I think there will be, but nothing confirmed yet. 
    moyboy said:
    jazzbo26 said:
    we sure hope so, and I think there will be, but nothing confirmed yet. 
    Crossing fingers there will be. Seeing that both TG&TS CD's label are Lakeshore Records, those dude kick butt! http://www.lakeshorerecordsshop.com/products

something coming tomorrow!
    moyboy said:
    something coming tomorrow!

• FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    It's tomorrow! 
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.

http://loudwire.com/mike-mccready-grandmother-earth-exclusive-song-premiere-the-glamour-the-squalor/

Mike McCready, ‘Grandmother Earth’ – Exclusive Song Premiere (‘The Glamour & The Squalor’ Film)

By Chad Childers August 9, 2017 12:00 PM
    Mike McCready
    Mike Coppola, Getty Images

Pearl Jam guitarist Mike McCready has crafted the score for the new film The Glamour & The Squalor, and we’re happy to team up with the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame musician to bring you the exclusive premiere of the song “Grandmother Earth.”

The Marq Evans-directed film centers on the life and career of iconic Seattle-area DJ Marco Collins, who helped bands like Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Weezer, Garbage and others catch their big break. Included in the soundtrack for the film are cuts of dialogue, along with some of the radio sessions performed by the likes of Bush, The Presidents of the United States of America, No Doubt, Sunny Day Real Estate, Sebadoh, Violent Femmes and many more.

The track itself is an instrumental piece, heavy in nature filled with reverb and distortion while providing a more atmospheric and uplifting vibe.

McCready says, “The Score album is dedicated to Ashley, who helps me with my musical vision, my muse. And to my kids who inspire me daily. Thanks to Chris Adams for being awesome and a great organizer! Thanks to Kevin Moyer for suggesting we release this as an album! Thanks to Marco for allowing me to help his story. And to the entire cast and crew for The Glamour and The Squalor film. This is also in remembrance of all the musicians from Seattle who aren’t here anymore, but their music remains…”

Director Marq Evans adds, “Working with Mike on the score for The Glamour & The Squalor was a dream, not just because I’ve been a fan of his since I was a kid, but more importantly because of what a uniquely talented artist he is. Mike really felt the film, and the score he created elevated it to an entirely new level. It’s a beautiful listen and I’m so glad we’re putting it out.”

Look for The Glamour & The Squalor original soundtrack and an original score album both arriving digitally and on CD on Sept. 1 via Lakeshore Records. See the full track listing for the soundtrack below. The film is available to order on DVD here or purchased as a download here, while the soundtrack can be ordered here.

Mike McCready, “Grandmother Earth”

The Glamour & The Squalor (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)

01. Introduction (Dialogue) – The Glamour & The Squalor Cast
    02. Spiderwebs (LIVE, acoustic in studio at 107.7 The End Seattle) – No Doubt
    03. We Are On The Radio! (Dialogue) – The Glamour & The Squalor Cast
    04. Lump (LIVE, acoustic in studio at 107.7 The End Seattle) – The Presidents of the United States of America
    05. You’re Not A Schmuck, I’m Not A Big Wig (Dialogue) – The Glamour & The Squalor Cast
    06. She Came On (LIVE, acoustic in studio at 107.7 The End Seattle) – Super Deluxe
    07. We Want to Do Well (Dialogue) – The Glamour & The Squalor Cast
    08. Good (LIVE, acoustic in studio at 107.7 The End Seattle) – Better Than Ezra
    09. You Gotta Be Willing To Pioneer (Dialogue) – The Glamour & The Squalor Cast
    10. What To Do With The Neutral (LIVE, in studio at 107.7 The End Seattle) – Mudhoney
    11. Music and Addiction (Dialogue) – The Glamour & The Squalor Cast
    12. Flame (LIVE, 107.7 End Session Seattle) – Sebadoh
    13. I Was A Big Deal (Dialogue) – The Glamour & The Squalor Cast
    14. Popular (LIVE, acoustic in studio at 107.7 The End Seattle) – Nada Surf
    15. My Headphones or Yours (Dialogue) – The Glamour & The Squalor Cast
    16. Only Happy When It Rains (LIVE, acoustic in studio at 107.7 The End Seattle) – Garbage
    17. Heartbreak and Sobriety (Dialogue) – The Glamour & The Squalor Cast
    18. Little Things (LIVE, acoustic in studio at 107.7 The End Seattle) – Bush
    19. Radio Is Companionship Emotion Or Its Nothing (Dialogue) – The Glamour & The Squalor Cast
    20. Pillars (Live On The Young And Restless Show) – Sunny Day Real Estate
    21. We Are The Listeners Friend (Dialogue) – The Glamour & The Squalor Cast
    22. Kiss Off (LIVE, acoustic 107.7 End Session Seattle) – Violent Femmes
    23. Searching For The Gold Record (Dialogue) – The Glamour & The Squalor Cast
    24. Anuerysm – Hobosexual
    25. Firestarter (LIVE, at The EndFest 96 Seattle) – The Prodigy
    26. I Will Possess Your Heart (LIVE, 107.7 End Session Seattle) – Death Cab For Cutie
    27. Following the Music (Dialogue) – The Glamour & The Squalor Cast
    28. Other Side – Cataldo
    29. Just Roll With It (Dialogue) – The Glamour & The Squalor Cast
    30. Unhindered Pace – Ruler (Soundtrack Version)

Lakeshore Records
    Lakeshore Records

Read More: Mike McCready, 'Grandmother Earth' - Exclusive Song Premiere | http://loudwire.com/mike-mccready-grandmother-earth-exclusive-song-premiere-the-glamour-the-squalor/?trackback=tsmclip

demetrios said:
    Just the various artists soundtrack pushed - sept 22.
    The Mike McCready score album is still - sept 1st.
    moyboy said:
    demetrios said:
    Excellent! :)

I pre ordered over @ Amazon USA cause nothing is available to purchase yet on Amazon Canada.
    V1 .. http://a.co/b7XRjTc  & V2 .. http://a.co/3vdQax1

Any plans to get Mike's score pressed on vinyl from Lakeshore?
    Cause that would be pretty freaking sweet! :)

demetrios said:
    moyboy said:
    demetrios said:

Nothing planned yet, but we want to, and my guess is that we probably will...
    moyboy said:
    demetrios said:
    moyboy said:
    demetrios said:

Nothing planned yet, but we want to, and my guess is that we probably will...

moyboy said:
    demetrios said:
    Amazon sent me an email last night that the Mike McCready score album is also pushed back to Sept 22. http://a.co/5qId94s
    http://www.guitarplayer.com/artists/1013/exclusive-soundtrack-premiere-mike-mccreadys-tree-fractal/63553

Exclusive Soundtrack Premiere! Mike McCready's "Tree Fractal"

August 13, 2017

Pearl Jam guitarist Mike McCready is debuting "Tree Fractal," the first track from his original score for the film, The Glamour & The Squalor TODAY exclusively for the Guitar Player community.

The Glamour & The Squalor tells the story of radio deejay Marco Collins, whose passionate support for indie bands on Seattle's alt-rock station 107.7 "The End" helped bring Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Garbage, Weezer, and others to international renown throughout the early and mid 1990s.

The film's soundtrack will be released on September 1, 2017 by Lakeshore Records, and, in addition to the songs composed and recorded by McCready, the album contains rare live-on-the-radio performances by No Doubt, Mudhoney, Sebadoh, Bush, Presidents of the USA, Super Deluxe, and others who visited the 107.7 studios back in the day. To further bring listeners' imaginations back to the time of grunge's emergence as a musical and cultural force, the soundtrack album includes actual "on-air" moments from the radio show.

To craft the moods for the soundtrack, McCready used not only his guitars, but also a Mellotron, autoharp, strings, and other instruments.

“The score for The Glamour & The Squalor is dedicated to [my wife] Ashley, who helps me with my musical vision, and who is my muse," says McCready,  "and to my kids who inspire me daily. Thanks to Marco for allowing me to help his story, and to the entire cast and crew of The Glamour and The Squalor film. This is also in remembrance of all the musicians from Seattle who aren’t here anymore, but their music remains.”

The Glamour & The Squalor (Original Motion Picture Score) Track List

01. Darkness – Mike McCready
       02. Lightness – Mike McCready
       03. Young-ish – Mike McCready
       04. Grandmother Earth – Mike McCready
       05. Windless – Mike McCready
       06. Tried & True – Mike McCready
       07. Northern / Falling Apart – Mike McCready
       08. Southern / Coming Together – Mike McCready
       09. Sean Mac On A Horse On A Boat – Mike McCready, Troy Nelson & MacKenzie Mercer
       10. Meridian Suns – Mike McCready
       11. You're the Song – Mike McCready, Kim Virant
       12. Love Wins – Mike McCready
       13. Tree Fractal – Mike McCready
       14. Safe Room – Mike McCready
       15. Altered – Mike McCready
       16. Outside – Mike McCready
       17. A Revolution of the Heart – Mike McCready
       18. Social Distraction – Mike McCready
       19. Shrine Watcher – Mike McCready
       20. Spaced Out – Mike McCready
       21. Whole Level – Mike McCready
       22. Moonlight Thieves – Mike McCready
       23. Aspiring – Mike McCready
       24. Descending – Mike McCready, MacKenzie Mercer
       25. Tree Fractal (Reprise) – Mike McCready
       26. Trying & Truer – Mike McCready
       27. Connection – Mike McCready
       28. Sky Accepted – Mike McCready
       29. Don't Let Go, Hold On – Mike McCready, Star Anna
       30. Love Wins Again – Mike McCready
       31. Radio Sign Off – Jeffrey Dorfman

• CJ23113CJ23113 Long Island Posts: 187
    Movie on amazon prime
    Listening to Kevin on SiriusXM. Can't wait to hear that double album dude. :)