Options

Great Day

2»

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,521
    Damn, better angle on his sunglasses, but still can't figure out what type they are. 
    Are you in the market for some new shades?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    PJ_Soul said:
    Damn, better angle on his sunglasses, but still can't figure out what type they are. 
    He's auditioning for E!'s Fashion Police. I don't think he's going to get the job.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,521
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    He's auditioning for E!'s Fashion Police. I don't think he's going to get the job.
    :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Your sunglasses mystery might be solved in the comfortably numb - roger waters/EV thread. There's a pic with ed showing off a World Series ring and his glasses are hanging from his shirt. 
  • Options
    kaseylilykaseylily Michigan, USA Posts: 259
    That is so awesome! Wow what a day!?

• Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    I can't even imagine running into Eddie Vedder, that's incredible.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,383
    Very cool!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    bbiggs said:
    Your sunglasses mystery might be solved in the comfortably numb - roger waters/EV thread. There's a pic with ed showing off a World Series ring and his glasses are hanging from his shirt. 
    Dammit! Can't tell even with the zoom. They look like the pair I've been on the hunt for the past 3 yrs. Sadly ran them over with the lawnmower. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    ^^^3 years?! That's one special pair of shades! ;)
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,047
    cblock77 said:
    @chitownp76 Looks like someone else captured that moment for you too.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BW-ys7sjjIZ/?taken-by=susanyon

OP, is he handing you a guitar pick or something while shaking hands?  Curious what pick he gave out if he was doing so. Congrats on a very exciting memory you will have forever
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,436
    cblock77 said:

OP, is he handing you a guitar pick or something while shaking hands?  Curious what pick he gave out if he was doing so. Congrats on a very exciting memory you will have forever
    He did not give me a guitar pick. Definitely a memory I will carry with me forever!
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    bosshogg18bosshogg18 Tacoma, WA Posts: 1,082
    Fucking awesome. Cool that someone caught a pic from a different perspective. I would definitely be getting a hard copy of the pic printed up and framed on my wall.
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,896
    Awesome that he not only gave you a brief moment to talk, but also agreed to a pic.  I read somewhere (Facebook or twitter maybe) that he's much more relaxed and open to stuff like that when Pete's not around.  Either way, very cool of him and an awesome memory for you. Cheers!
  • Options
    OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    Awesome photo OP! That was so nice of Ed too! 
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Awesome that he not only gave you a brief moment to talk, but also agreed to a pic.  I read somewhere (Facebook or twitter maybe) that he's much more relaxed and open to stuff like that when Pete's not around.  Either way, very cool of him and an awesome memory for you. Cheers!
    Is it about whether Pete is around or not, or is it that when Pete is around it's usually because it's related to a PJ/EV show, and there are predictably a ton of people wanting to talk to him/get pics and he can't pose for that many pics so Pete plays "bad cop"?  That would be my guess.  It's always more relaxed when you run into him in some unexpected, non-PJ-related setting.  But I think Pete is only around when people know Ed will be somewhere.
  • Options
    JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    cblock77 said:

it's for sure a secret handshake that only people who meet Ed get to learn.
  • Options
    PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    Fantastic! So glad you had the chance to meet Eddie! :)
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,896
    JH6056 said:
    Is it about whether Pete is around or not, or is it that when Pete is around it's usually because it's related to a PJ/EV show, and there are predictably a ton of people wanting to talk to him/get pics and he can't pose for that many pics so Pete plays "bad cop"?  That would be my guess.  It's always more relaxed when you run into him in some unexpected, non-PJ-related setting.  But I think Pete is only around when people know Ed will be somewhere.
    That makes a lot of sense.  Not trying to portray Pete as a bad guy at all.  I know he's just doing his job.  I met him in Mansfield back during the 2000 (or maybe 2003) shows.  He was going through the parking lot with a female 10C employee.  They were shutting down knockoff t-shirt sellers.  He was super cool and stopped to talk with us for a good 10min or so (my buddy was wearing one of the knock-off shirts).
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Yup Pete is a cool guy - he must be, he's been working with PJ for a very long time. 

OP, that is way cool that you had that "Great day"!  It always seems like if you can keep your cool and approach Ed with respect and without hysteria, you can have a really nice exchange.  Happy for you!
    Post edited by JH6056 on
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,436
    edited July 2017
    Fucking awesome. Cool that someone caught a pic from a different perspective. I would definitely be getting a hard copy of the pic printed up and framed on my wall.

I still have to get the other one framed. sent a private PM to the person on Instagram who posted the other one to no avail. My wife was able to take a screenshot and crop it. Still, I would love to have the original. 
    Post edited by chitownp76 on
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    Nice combo, the license plate and the photo!
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,228
    Happy for you OP! :smile:  Nice hat, Eddie!.. :cowboy:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Bine75Bine75 Germany Posts: 77
    That's awesome! Nice picture of you and Eddie!! :)
  • Options
    InBetweenIsMneInBetweenIsMne Posts: 423
    edited July 2017

I still have to get the other one framed. sent a private PM to the person on Instagram who posted the other one to no avail. My wife was able to take a screenshot and crop it. Still, I would love to have the original. 
    It's going to get really weird when Ed comes over to your house and you have his pic up and a license plate with his last name on it. Lol
    Post edited by InBetweenIsMne on
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    they look like some i got from Walgreens on clearance :)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Awesome!
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12