R.I.P. Chester Bennington

Just saw the news. And on Chris Cornell's birthday
I miss igotid88

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Fuck. Awesome singer. Rip
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Awful.  Was super into LP back in the day....Chester had an incredible voice.  So sad.  RIP.
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    So sad!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    I just heard. RIP.

Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Sad yet again. R.I.P. 
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    Wtf...
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    ??????? What???!
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    I was a casual fam, but this dude could wail. "SHUTUP WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU! SHUTUP!"
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place

I can't stand when people say depression and drugs killed these guys. No. Chester Bennington killed Chester Bennington. Chris Cornell killed Chris Cornell. Surely depression may have played a big role in their decisions, but people really need to take accountability for their own actions. It is nobody's fault but their own. 
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

I can't stand when people say depression and drugs killed these guys. No. Chester Bennington killed Chester Bennington. Chris Cornell killed Chris Cornell. Surely depression may have played a big role in their decisions, but people really need to take accountability for their own actions. It is nobody's fault but their own. 
    Are you serious? You are clearly ignorant to the power the mind has over people. I don't know if you have ever suffered from long term depression, I don't really care. But to say that depression isn't a reason people commit suicide is absurd and narrow minded. 

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

Depression and / or mis-prescribed meds tend to take over rationale in those dark moments.  Won't go into why, but years ago I was there for a brief time and am thankful (fortunate) it passed.  I am in no position to judge anyone when they're in that place, in that awful black state of mind.

I can understand anger surfacing in the aftermath by those left behind, those trying to understand - but to place blame, fault, on that person and their personal precipice?  Compassion goes a long, long way.  Opens the window, even just a bit, to alleviate the need to condemn. 
    Are you serious? You are clearly ignorant to the power the mind has over people. I don't know if you have ever suffered from long term depression, I don't really care. But to say that depression isn't a reason people commit suicide is absurd and narrow minded. 

I'm not clearly ignorant. You don't know a single thing about me and you make assumptions over the internet.

Of course anxiety, depression, drugs can lead a person down into that Mariana Trench of an abyss where nothing but the living dead reside and all perception is distorted. You CAN choose life over death down there and you can get out of it. But if you give all your power away to what you think controls you, then that's when you're done. It always comes down to the will of the individual down there...not the will of anxiety or depression. People do have the power to get out of any situation.

Unexpected death is just so fucked up. 
    Central Park 15

edited July 2017
    So you know so much more about the power of the mind than I do? Tell me about it.
    Post edited by SmallestOceans on
    Central Park 15

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    wtf is going on
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327

ok, you are taking that quote a little to literally.  yes depression didn't kill Chester but depression led to Chester killing himself.  when you are deep in a depressive state, you basically lose yourself.  Can some people overcome this, yes.  other can't and thats not a fault.  sometimes shit happens and it is not anyone fault.  it just is what it is. 

I'm not clearly ignorant. You don't know a single thing about me and you make assumptions over the internet.

Of course anxiety, depression, drugs can lead a person down into that Mariana Trench of an abyss where nothing but the living dead reside and all perception is distorted. You CAN choose life over death down there and you can get out of it. But if you give all your power away to what you think controls you, then that's when you're done. It always comes down to the will of the individual down there...not the will of anxiety or depression. People do have the power to get out of any situation.

Unexpected death is just so fucked up. 
    Is it that,simple to choose life over death when depression has it's grip over you? If it was that simple, why would anyone choose death? I apologize for my reaction to what you said. I do not agree with your premise.