Options

Chester Bennington has passed away (singer from Linkin Park)

2»

Comments

• Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,300
    Well, how many of these entertainers do we really know.  Not being cold, just saying a point.  Sad news
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    chittychitty Posts: 577
     I had a long drive today and listened to the whole Linkin Park discography front to back, after hearing the news. Hybrid Theory was an album I listened to a ton in 2000-2001 and it still holds up amazingly well. In fact, their first three albums do. After that instead of me being able to listen to complete albums, their newer albums only have 3-4 good songs. Keeping in mind some of my favourite LP songs are on the newer albums, if that makes sense. Good singles, just not great albums. Their newest album in fact, though many die hard LP fans dislike it as it is a different sound, is actually pretty good. Its lyrics definitely hint towards Chester's train of thought....

Anyways, this drive made it crystal clear to me that Chester made the band. Yes he could scream, but to me it was more his singing and melody. I put him up there with the great grunge singers: eddie, chris, layne, etc
    I had tickets to their show in October. I don't see anyway how LP can continue because, as stated above, Chester's voice is to me and many fans, what makes LP unique. Would be very tough to replace that voice.

Like Chris, all we can do is say RIP and send condolences to his family and friends.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited July 2017
    First 3 albums are terrific.  No tunes that i skip.  I still play them reguarly.  Bought Reanimation and Meteora on vinyl within the past year.  

Never came off as an egotistical guy. More like a real guy who made it big despite his issues.  His voice could go from soothing to a tortured scream in two seconds.  Amazing
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 577
    Long shot, but does anyone have an LPU underground password for tickets to this remember Chester show on October 27 in LA? If you aren't using the code that is, I'd like to
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,279
    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/chester-bennington-shown-laughing-in-family-video-just-hours-before-his-suicide/

On Saturday, Talinda Bennington shared a forty-second clip on Twitter showing her husband laughing and having fun with his family as they experiment with different-tasting jelly beans.

"This is what depression looked like to us just 36 hrs b4 his death," Talinda captioned the post. "He loved us SO much & we loved him."

Less than two days later, Chester, a father of six, committed suicide.

Before posting the video, Talinda wrote: "My next tweet is the most personal tweet I have ever done. I'm showing this so that you know that depression doesn't have a face or a mood."

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,048
    goldrush said:
    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/chester-bennington-shown-laughing-in-family-video-just-hours-before-his-suicide/

On Saturday, Talinda Bennington shared a forty-second clip on Twitter showing her husband laughing and having fun with his family as they experiment with different-tasting jelly beans.

"This is what depression looked like to us just 36 hrs b4 his death," Talinda captioned the post. "He loved us SO much & we loved him."

Less than two days later, Chester, a father of six, committed suicide.

Before posting the video, Talinda wrote: "My next tweet is the most personal tweet I have ever done. I'm showing this so that you know that depression doesn't have a face or a mood."

That is surreal.