Chester Bennington has passed away (singer from Linkin Park)

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Jesus. Not the biggest fan of them but RIP 
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    That's real shitty.  Chester had 6 kids.  He's also my age.

Man I hope this stops...
    Weren't they getting a lot of shit from their fans for changing their sound on the last couple albums?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    edited July 2017
    JK_Livin said:
    Weren't they getting a lot of shit from their fans for changing their sound on the last couple albums?
    You are blaming the fans? 

This sucks. RIP
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    JK_Livin said:

This sucks. RIP
    Jump to conclusions much?  Just a statement about things I've heard through various entertainment portals.  I'm not blaming anyone. 
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    JK_Livin said:
    JK_Livin said:

This sucks. RIP
    Jump to conclusions much?  Just a statement about things I've heard through various entertainment portals.  I'm not blaming anyone. 
    Just how it came off. Just wanted clarification. Sucks no matter the reason
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    JK_Livin said:
    JK_Livin said:

This sucks. RIP
    Just how it came off. Just wanted clarification. Sucks no matter the reason
    Agreed. Never got into them because they got big when I was knee deep in diapers with my kids. Didn't get into anything during that time.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,626
    JK_Livin said:
    JK_Livin said:

This sucks. RIP
    You posted one statement in a thread about him committing suicide. Why is it such a jump to think that they were related?

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Unreal that these artist are dropping like flys sad times ! RIP troubled soul..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,249
    Not a fan of Linkin Park at all but condolences to his friends and family. RIP.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
    PJNB said:
    JK_Livin said:
    JK_Livin said:

This sucks. RIP
    You posted one statement in a thread about him committing suicide. Why is it such a jump to think that they were related?

Because I'm just your average Joe and the thought crossed my mind. I heard he literally told fans to go fuck themselves if they don't like the new music. I have no insider info. It was also a question, not a statement.  I'm out. Go judge someone else for saying something that they didn't say.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Can we please not bicker back and forth in a thread about someone's death?  Please stay on topic.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Amazing, unique singer.

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Amazing, unique singer.

He could scream.  Really good too.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Addiction is a disease & it kills people. It never stops or goes away. Its a disease that's always 'on'. RIP. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    Addiction is a disease & it kills people. It never stops or goes away. Its a disease that's always 'on'. RIP. 
    What in that which has been reported on this make you sure enough to explain it with "addicition"?

RIP. 

On Chris Cornells birthday too. He sang at his funeral.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    Like most people I was a pretty big fan of their first two albums. After their third album I pretty much lost interest. Live they were pretty decent I remember seeing them a few times at festivals like family values tour and summer sanitarium tour.

His stuff with stp was pretty good as well I suppose.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    edited July 2017
    Like most people I was a pretty big fan of their first two albums. After their third album I pretty much lost interest. Live they were pretty decent I remember seeing them a few times at festivals like family values tour and summer sanitarium tour.

His stuff with stp was pretty good as well I suppose.
    I loved their first album. It was actually quite fresh at the time. Can't believe that he is gone...
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Sad...wow.
    May he is Rest In Peace and I hope his family and friends find peace as well.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    Not a fan of Chester or Linkin Park, but I can certainly see how many could be comforted by their music.
    My condolences to his family, friends and fans.
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    I really liked about 10 of their songs. The last being on the Minutes to Midnight album. Like someone else said, man could tear those vocal chords with those screams. Good range. Never really followed him much though so completely shocked by this.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    edited July 2017
    I am not really familiar with Linkin Park, but I'm fully empathizing with their fans because I work with a women who feels about Linkin Park the way we feel about Pearl Jam. She travels for shows, she and her husband met at one of their shows and bonded over their fandom of the band, she's made good friends with other fans, the whole shebang. I know many people here can relate to that. So she is super duper upset, especially because she is 9 months pregnant and will cry at the drop of a hat anyway. I feel really bad for her - her and her Linkin Park friends and family are so, so shocked and upset about it. :frowning: Also, I feel horrible for Chris Cornell's kids too - Jesus, the Cornell and Bennington families have had such a devastating couple of months together. Chester and Chris were best friends. I think they were both godfathers for the other's kids or something like that. And if Chester's suicide had at least something to do with Chris's, which is almost certainly the case, given the timing ... ugh. So tragic.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    What in that which has been reported on this make you sure enough to explain it with "addicition"?

RIP. 

He's been open about his drug & alcohol addiction in the past. I'll stop posting here forever if I'm wrong that it was the addiction & the co-occurring mental health issues that caused him to suicide. Took Weiland down, Hoon, Staley, Cobain, Cornell & now him. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474

RIP. 

He's been open about his drug & alcohol addiction in the past. I'll stop posting here forever if I'm wrong that it was the addiction & the co-occurring mental health issues that caused him to suicide. Took Weiland down, Hoon, Staley, Cobain, Cornell & now him. 
    I feel certain that you're right.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    Shit... :frowning:

R.I.P. Chester Bennington
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    weird they posted a new video/song today (i think before they found out)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvs68OKOquM

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    sad day today. i was never a big fan of his band or their music, but as a music fan, his talent was undeniable.i have said numerous times that i wish i had his pipes.

i have quite a few friends that loved him and loved LP who are really hurting right now.

for whatever reason, at the time they were first breaking out i was not getting in to any new bands. there was like a 5 year period when they were just out that i did not buy a single album from a band of that era. that is neither here nor there.

i feel really sad for the millions of people who are hurting because of his passing. i also feel terrible for his family, friends, and band mates. i hope they can all find peace in the days and weeks to come.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    sad day today. i was never a big fan of his band or their music, but as a music fan, his talent was undeniable.i have said numerous times that i wish i had his pipes.

i have quite a few friends that loved him and loved LP who are really hurting right now.

for whatever reason, at the time they were first breaking out i was not getting in to any new bands. there was like a 5 year period when they were just out that i did not buy a single album from a band of that era. that is neither here nor there.

i feel really sad for the millions of people who are hurting because of his passing. i also feel terrible for his family, friends, and band mates. i hope they can all find peace in the days and weeks to come.
    Well said. Couldn't agree with you anymore. It does not matter if you like the music or not we all know he has fans/family out there and they are hurting really bad right now. I hope they can come out of this ok. 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368

RIP. 

Yup. So damn sad.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126

Really well said. I was in a similar boat, where I was a bit over that genre when their first album came out, so never really payed them much attention until I heard a song off one of their later albums that I loved. I never got into all of their stuff, but man he could sing and every time I heard him speak, he seemed really genuine and giving.

I liked the time he was in STP and really enjoyed his collabs he's done with others. Very sad day for music fans in general.

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014