psst....7/10/17

Comments

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    Randalls is coming, have patience folks... this is one of the truly legendary performances of their career and we finally have a real quality version after 22 years

I'm fucking stoked for this release personally
    I m pumped for this release as well. You really think Randall s is coming in the near future?
    They have to do it some time. That show is legendary no matter how many tracks aren't able to be mastered. There's a handful of shows out there they need to do '96 and earlier and it's probably tops now that Soldier Field is coming. I'd say Indio, Melbourne and Randal's are at the top 3
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    Randalls is coming, have patience folks... this is one of the truly legendary performances of their career and we finally have a real quality version after 22 years

I m pumped for this release as well. You really think Randall s is coming in the near future?
    They have to do it some time. That show is legendary no matter how many tracks aren't able to be mastered. There's a handful of shows out there they need to do '96 and earlier and it's probably tops now that Soldier Field is coming. I'd say Indio, Melbourne and Randal's are at the top 3
    You no likey Berlin 96?
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    mrussel1 said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:

You no likey Berlin 96?
    There's several better 96 shows than Berlin. Berlin is just already in good sound quality so it gets lots of love
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
    NewJPage said:
    mrussel1 said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:

You no likey Berlin 96?
    There's several better 96 shows than Berlin. Berlin is just already in good sound quality so it gets lots of love
    I do likey and I still have that one on tape from when my local rock station replayed it in its entirety one lovely Sunday night back in like '98. Man was I stoked because it was hard to come by good boots back then and it was before I got a hold of Atlanta '94 and Melbourne '95. Played that thing to death and still have a lot of Ed's banter from that show memorized.

I didn't mention it because I just don't think it's in that echelon of those others and I'd actually prefer to get a hold of that 2nd London show or Hamburg, the night after Berlin, from that year. I have that audience recording and it's a great show and set.
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    I'm really just happy to get a properly mastered show with Jack, even if it's only partially redone. I stopped collecting vinyl so I guess the chopped up set doesn't matter to me. 
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:

I don't now about the "near future" but I'm sure it will be a future vault release
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    How can this sound any better?!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFowDb3jAW8
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Stoked on this and will unquestionably be ordering it but the s&h that 10C is charging is absolutely ridiculous and i'm in the states. 14$ for a 3LP set is bullshit let alone what I've heard the international is....
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    NewJPage said:
    mrussel1 said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:

You no likey Berlin 96?
    I always liked Buffalo and Hartford, but probably because they're also in good sound quality. Buffalo is one of the best auds I've ever heard.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Buffalo is a great show

i really dont mind if its missing songs.  I understand why people do tho.  Cool to get a vault that opens with Release!
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    Does anyone else wonder when the floodgates will open and we will be getting classic shows maybe every month instead of once a year? Years come and go quick, I wish more was available throughout a years time. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Does anyone else wonder when the floodgates will open and we will be getting classic shows maybe every month instead of once a year? Years come and go quick, I wish more was available throughout a years time. 
    Not once a month, but I thought why not at least twice a year? Has to be easy money for them, taking a show from 10-20 years ago and releasing it and make fans happy. You know they are going to sell.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    mace1229 said:
    Not once a month, but I thought why not at least twice a year? Has to be easy money for them, taking a show from 10-20 years ago and releasing it and make fans happy. You know they are going to sell.
    The GD do a very nice job with releasing their live shows.  Wish PJ could do the same.
    mcgruff10 said:
    How can this sound any better?!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFowDb3jAW8
    There's something about that little bit of grit to these old radio broadcast boots that always separated them from the officials and take me back. I agree, this sounds excellent and makes me feel like it's '95 again. It can definitely be polished up, but I'm happy either way. I think Ed sounded the most raw in '95 and it really capture the Vitalogy era.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Stoked on this and will unquestionably be ordering it but the s&h that 10C is charging is absolutely ridiculous and i'm in the states. 14$ for a 3LP set is bullshit let alone what I've heard the international is....
    I would pay $14US if I lived in the USA. I'm ok with that. But $43.99US ($56CDN) to ship a vinyl to Canada? Canada which is across the border not across the Atlantic or Pacific Ocean charging the same shipping price? And also get hit with customs & service fees?

• my2hands said:

Don't you say that without proof! I Need this released!
  • tthorgeirsontthorgeirson Calgary Posts: 8
    demetrios said:
    I would pay $14US if I lived in the USA. I'm ok with that. But $43.99US ($56CDN) to ship a vinyl to Canada? Canada which is across the border not across the Atlantic or Pacific Ocean charging the same shipping price? And also get hit with customs & service fees?

^^^ In tears, with the Jurassic Park reference hahaha
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    hahahaha spot on D!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    demetrios said:

Yea, its a joke when so many other places ship for less than half. Probably end up cheaper getting off ebay.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • PeterEDPeterED Posts: 363
    It's the S&H that had me ordering the Anthology from Amazon. 

I have to try and figure out another way to get it into Canada because the 10C S&H is a deal breaker.
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited July 2017
    PeterED said:

I have to try and figure out another way to get it into Canada because the 10C S&H is a deal breaker.
    FWIW, 10C doesn't care if you order it from Amazon. It doesn't hurt them financially or anything. There is no reason for you to buy exclusively from 10C when the item is being sold elsewhere, so if you can get cheaper shipping, just feel good about it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    PJ_Soul said:
    PeterED said:

FWIW, 10C doesn't care if you order it from Amazon. It doesn't hurt them financially or anything. There is no reason for you to buy exclusively from 10C when the item is being sold elsewhere, so if you can get cheaper shipping, just feel good about it.
    If only Pearl Jam Vault vinyls were also sold @ Amazon Canada with free shipping for Amazon Prime members.

• erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    I just want to buy the download. Why do we have to wait for that? The Grateful Dead doesn't make everybody wait on the vinyl. Are they worried that people will cancel orders once they've heard it or something? 
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
    I just want to buy the download. Why do we have to wait for that? The Grateful Dead doesn't make everybody wait on the vinyl. Are they worried that people will cancel orders once they've heard it or something? 
    Because it's a pretty-order. Nothing will be released for several months. It seems like the desired release date is about 6 months out. They don't want to press 5,000 copies and only 2,000 sell, or have the opposite problem. So they preorder vinyl way in advance so they know exactly how many to press. They don't need a headcount of how many are interested for digital, so obviously no pre-order needed for that.  I don't see any indication that digital would be available today if it wasn't for the vinyl.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PeterED said:

They may not care, but it clearly is financially better for 10c to buy from them. And as a business, I assume they'd care about that. They obviously profit far more when you pay full retail on 10c vs 70% of the retail price through a third party that makes a profit on that 70% (and 70% retail seems pretty typical for many items available on Amazon). So the business side of 10c has to care. Or they need a new business manager, and maybe they could lower our membership rates if they have better business practices then.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Even though I bitch and moan I am super excited for this!!  im hoping it will sound like a completely different show than the fm broadcasts we all know.... even though to
    me the fm ones tend to sound pretty good as far as boots go.  Fingers crossed this is exceptional sounding!!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    Why does the shipping have to be so fucking expansiiiiveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited July 2017
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PeterED said:

They may not care, but it clearly is financially better for 10c to buy from them. And as a business, I assume they'd care about that. They obviously profit far more when you pay full retail on 10c vs 70% of the retail price through a third party that makes a profit on that 70% (and 70% retail seems pretty typical for many items available on Amazon). So the business side of 10c has to care. Or they need a new business manager, and maybe they could lower our membership rates if they have better business practices then.
    Hmm. Maybe. @Santos L. Halper , are you willing to tell us if 10C prefers that we buy everything directly? Just asking in case people would actually spend more money if you do, which would be nice for you, and I'm sure plenty of people would actually do that (I would personally spend as little as possible either way, lol).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PeterEDPeterED Posts: 363
    PJ_Soul said:
    PeterED said:

I did feel good about it, in fact.

and if Vault releases were available through a reseller for less than 10C I'd buy it from the reseller.

which is what many of the posts are highlighting.

context is everything, my friend.
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    edited July 2017
    I'm just overly eager to hear this show sound as good as Atlanta, The Orpheum and D.C. 95... I just wish the cd got the same kind of packaging as the vinyl. I wouldn't mind paying extra for a deluxe treatment :D
    Post edited by erocshifty on
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014