• Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,355
    Nope
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Who?
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    No thanks.
  • Options
    sqoutsqout Chicago Posts: 29
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Jon Jay and Wade Davis are the only players worthy of All-Star status.  This team outright blows.  I'm gonna start placing $20 bets on every game on giving up 1st inning runs.  Buncha fuckin bums.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Why Vote KB?  Other players on that list more worthy.  Everyone anointed him as one of the best players in MLB because of how great he was last year -- but not everyone can be Mike The Machine Trout. 
    I'm sure he will get back on track soon and be the player he can be but he is not an All Star at 3B in the NL this year.  I would slot him 5th or 6th on this group.  (This season, not for overall talent and future considerations.)
    Arenado - In
    Lamb - In
    Rendon - On ballot
    Turner - On Ballot
    Shaw - .296 / 18 HR / 61 RBI - not even on list
    Bryant - On Ballot

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Jon Jay and Wade Davis are the only players worthy of All-Star status.  This team outright blows.  I'm gonna start placing $20 bets on every game on giving up 1st inning runs.  Buncha fuckin bums.
    Yep. We spot the opposition first inning runs every day lately. Today we decided to spot them 9 by the 3rd inning. Brutal. 
  • Options
    Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    Why Vote KB?  Other players on that list more worthy.  Everyone anointed him as one of the best players in MLB because of how great he was last year -- but not everyone can be Mike The Machine Trout. 
    I'm sure he will get back on track soon and be the player he can be but he is not an All Star at 3B in the NL this year.  I would slot him 5th or 6th on this group.  (This season, not for overall talent and future considerations.)
    Arenado - In
    Lamb - In
    Rendon - On ballot
    Turner - On Ballot
    Shaw - .296 / 18 HR / 61 RBI - not even on list
    Bryant - On Ballot

I'd have to agree with you.  I think we got just exactly what we deserve this year.....Wade Davis has been pretty lights out.  No one else, IMO, has played like an all star so far.  
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Is this Sports Center?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,996
    jeffbr said:
    Who?
    lol
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    If i could somehow get Ed to wear a Raiders hat this place would turn interesting. 
  • Options
    Did you ever just wake up tired of chasing your grail? My first PJ concert was Pittsburgh 2014...today I got caught up in tweeting #VoteKB. Sometimes you just have to roll with it. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    sqout said:
    Did you ever just wake up tired of chasing your grail? My first PJ concert was Pittsburgh 2014...today I got caught up in tweeting #VoteKB. Sometimes you just have to roll with it. 
    Love Jables, btw
  • Options
    #tribute
  • Options
    and we said....OK
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,849
    No thanks
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    As a Cubs fan, I would rather have KB take a few days off than play in the All Star game.
  • Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    Almost time for Cubs fans to go back into hibernation for 100 years.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    Kevinman said:
    That comment and about 50 cents should score you a box seat at Comisky Cellular Guaranteed Downward Arrow Park.  Wrigley has been relatively full for, what, almost the last 40 years?  If that's hibernation, what are Sox fans doing?  
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    Gtilley8 said:
    Kevinman said:
    That comment and about 50 cents should score you a box seat at Comisky Cellular Guaranteed Downward Arrow Park.  Wrigley has been relatively full for, what, almost the last 40 years?  If that's hibernation, what are Sox fans doing?  
    Isn't it funny how the new "cool" thing is to hate on the Cubs and Cubs fans?  I just sit back and laugh at all the haters hating because it's mostly Cards and Sox fans who are more concerned with what the Cubs are/aren't doing than their own team.
  • Options
    Gtilley8 said:
    Kevinman said:
    Isn't it funny how the new "cool" thing is to hate on the Cubs and Cubs fans?  I just sit back and laugh at all the haters hating because it's mostly Cards and Sox fans who are more concerned with what the Cubs are/aren't doing than their own team.
    True.  I went to my first game at Wrigley in 86.  Wrigley was packed.  I'll agree with someone who says that many of those years, the stands were full of people skipping work who got tickets paid for by a vendor, with people who in some cases could care less about the game.  That absolutely happened.  It's sort of like, when something happens that no one would ever think could happen - then all of a sudden it's bucked their reality and many can't handle it.  Something like that happened in 2008, and we've seen similar backlash since - albeit for completely different reasons.
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    Gtilley8 said:
    Kevinman said:
    I hated on the Cubs when they were bad & I will hate on them when they are good.  (And when they come back and make the playoffs this year.)  I love Wrigley, hate the Cubs.
    Tried to be respectful of the fans last autumn as they saw their dreams come true...but I love the Reds.  Which means that I hate the Cubs.
    And the Redbirds.  And the Pirates.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    edited July 2017
    Gtilley8 said:
    Kevinman said:
    I'm a diehard Sox fan. Sox fans are super engaged in the rebuild that has started. After years on the mediocrity treadmill, it's refreshing that there's finally a plan and/or path to something. Most of us have been good sports about it during the Cubs' success the last few years.

But yeah, there's a segment of Cubs and Sox fans that will always hate the other more than they like their own team.

As for Kris Bryant - he simply doesn't deserve to go this year. He's been alright - but not an all-star caliber player.
  • Options
    Gtilley8 said:
    Kevinman said:
    I hated on the Cubs when they were bad & I will hate on them when they are good.  (And when they come back and make the playoffs this year.)  I love Wrigley, hate the Cubs.
    Tried to be respectful of the fans last autumn as they saw their dreams come true...but I love the Reds.  Which means that I hate the Cubs.
    I can respect that.  I've never liked the Reds, but was a Sabo and Larkin fan.  

Sarava said:
    Gtilley8 said:
    Kevinman said:
    I'm a diehard Sox fan. Sox fans are super engaged in the rebuild that has started. After years on the mediocrity treadmill, it's refreshing that there's finally a plan and/or path to something. Most of us have been good sports about it during the Cubs' success the last few years.

But yeah, there's a segment of Cubs and Sox fans that will always hate the other more than they like their own team.

As for Kris Bryant - he simply doesn't deserve to go this year. He's been alright - but not an all-star caliber player.
    Agreed on Bryant.  He hasn't done enough to warrant and All-Star selection.  
    And I'm going to say something that isn't necessarily popular on the North side......My family is from north-central Indiana.  If I went into Chicago with my dad, or my dad with his father/grandfather in the 60s/70s - we went to a home game at whoever was in town.  I've never hated the Sox.  I don't get the hate - but then again, I'm not from the city.  We're all Cubs fans first, but I can get behind the Sox when they're good and not playing the Cubs.  
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    Sarava said:
    Gtilley8 said:
    Kevinman said:

I hear ya.  And although I rooted for the Astros, I was happy that Sox fans got to see their dry spell end in '05.  And now that I know the feeling of your favorite team winning it all, I'd like for fans of every team to feel that same feeling.  I didn't grow up in or near Chicago (been a Marylander all my life) so I don't have that territorial disdain for the White Sox.  Still don't like 'em, but it's more to do with liking everyone else in the AL Central than it is a North side/South side thing.

I voted for Bryant when All-Star voting first started.  At that time, he & Arenado were neck & neck with each other and clearly the top 2 in the league.  Bryant's fallen off a good bit since then.  I agree, not All-Star worthy this year.
  • Options
    Gtilley8 said:
    Kevinman said:
    Speaking of the Reds and the All-Star Game, is Cozart getting his donkey?

I almost drove out to the GAB last weekend to catch the Sunday Reds/Cubs game.  I did about 8 hours of driving the day before though, so just stayed home.  One of these days I'll make it out there.  Probably not when the Cubs play bc I try to root for the home team when I visit a stadium.  Maybe I'll do a Cards game, ha!
  • Options
    Gtilley8 said:
    Kevinman said:

I almost drove out to the GAB last weekend to catch the Sunday Reds/Cubs game.  I did about 8 hours of driving the day before though, so just stayed home.  One of these days I'll make it out there.  Probably not when the Cubs play bc I try to root for the home team when I visit a stadium.  Maybe I'll do a Cards game, ha!
    The cards could be playing Trump, Putin, Palin, Stalin, Mao, Charles Manson, and the devil himself.  I would never cheer for that team.
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    Gtilley8 said:
    Kevinman said:

Yes, Votto assured everyone that Zach gets his donkey.

GABP is a cool spot.  Only saw 2 games there but it was fun.  Should pick a Cards game, indeed.
  • Options
    ryph raphryph raph Posts: 887
    edited July 2017
    5, that's FIVE Cleveland Indians on the All - Star team. And the cubs only have one. And he's a pitcher.
    Post edited by ryph raph on
    10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo