Options

ISO: U2 achtung baby and zooropa lp

mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,849
title says it all. anybody have one they are willing to let go? thanks!!
Mike
I'll ride the wave where it takes me......

Comments

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,421
    Bump... how'd you like the show the other night?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    It really was great!  I'm starting to like u2 more and more.  
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    I think that was the fourth time I've seen them and each has been outstanding.  Glad you liked it :smiley:
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,116
    I bought one one of those 20th anniversary 4lp boxsets a few years back.   Are there any stragglers available for sale (through google searches?).   My original pressing of achtung has too many scratches and skips which is why I bought the boxset.  Kind of pricey but sounds fantastic.

Personally I need to find a copy of Pop on vinyl :)
  • Options
    Zod said:
    I bought one one of those 20th anniversary 4lp boxsets a few years back.   Are there any stragglers available for sale (through google searches?).   My original pressing of achtung has too many scratches and skips which is why I bought the boxset.  Kind of pricey but sounds fantastic.

I wouldn't mind pop either!  It's weird that there are sooooo many copies of joshua tree for cheap but none really for achtung baby.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Zod said:

I wouldn't mind pop either!  It's weird that there are sooooo many copies of joshua tree for cheap but none really for achtung baby.
    Pretty sure it's because Achtung Baby was issued when the big shift to CD was on and record companies were moving away from vinyl. 

• Options
    on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Zod said:

Pretty sure it's because Achtung Baby was issued when the big shift to CD was on and record companies were moving away from vinyl. 
    aaah that makes sense. good call
  • Options

on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I think that was the fourth time I've seen them and each has been outstanding.  Glad you liked it :smiley:
    bad was the highlight for me.  streets could possibly be one of the greatest songs ever by any band in the history of the world.  I will never grow tired of that one.  Overall I thought joshua tree sounded great but I am so not a fan of album shows.  yuck.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bad was the highlight for me.  streets could possibly be one of the greatest songs ever by any band in the history of the world.  I will never grow tired of that one.  Overall I thought joshua tree sounded great but I am so not a fan of album shows.  yuck.
    Agreed. Much rather see a wider selection of their catalog but if I have to see a full album I'll take the Joshua Tree.  :smiley:

• Options
    ^
  • Options
    nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,431
    They are going to be slowly reissuing every one of their albums - How To Dismantle (their best sounding vinyl in my opinion) was apparently a test of the market. Pop, All that You Can't and even the greatest hits albums (super pricey) will follow. Strong rumor that was postceded by them releasing dismantle so very legit. 

Og Achtung held value also because you can see Adam's manhood on the cover. I'll echo The 4LP set is super nice if you can find one cheap enough. And beware colored copies- tons of pointless boots of both!
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    Pop is awesome.  So many great songs. Staring at the Sun is underrated.
  • Options
    nuzzer1 said:
    They are going to be slowly reissuing every one of their albums - How To Dismantle (their best sounding vinyl in my opinion) was apparently a test of the market. Pop, All that You Can't and even the greatest hits albums (super pricey) will follow. Strong rumor that was postceded by them releasing dismantle so very legit. 

Og Achtung held value also because you can see Adam's manhood on the cover. I'll echo The 4LP set is super nice if you can find one cheap enough. And beware colored copies- tons of pointless boots of both!
    This is some good information on the colored copies.  I was about to pull the trigger on one, so glad I didn't!
    So you are saying pop will be next?  Any clue on a time frame?
  • Options

Agreed!
  • Options
    One of my favorite lyrics from Pop:  " what you thought was freedom was just greed".
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,718
    Gone. Top 10 song for me. Pop is definitely underrated and criminally underplayed 
  • Options
    I heard All That You cant will be next - they duck Pop and seem embarrassed by it but I agree, it's awesome. Typical price ranges for Pop are $75, Zooropa around $50, All that you can't is $125+- I'd hold off or at the very least wait until cheaper ones turn up. There is renewed interest in their entire catalog because of joshua tree - they will likely capitalize by years end. My best guess...

also- there is a promo version of pop- I understand it to be same gram as the original but one LP vs two. There are two in discogs- $125 or so- if you want to justify spending- that would be the one :) I've nearly bought one just so I can flip it only once :)
  • Options
    nuzzer1 said:
    I heard All That You cant will be next - they duck Pop and seem embarrassed by it but I agree, it's awesome. Typical price ranges for Pop are $75, Zooropa around $50, All that you can't is $125+- I'd hold off or at the very least wait until cheaper ones turn up. There is renewed interest in their entire catalog because of joshua tree - they will likely capitalize by years end. My best guess...

also- there is a promo version of pop- I understand it to be same gram as the original but one LP vs two. There are two in discogs- $125 or so- if you want to justify spending- that would be the one :) I've nearly bought one just so I can flip it only once :)
    I shall be patient and wait. Thank you for the info. All that you can't will be sweet to listen to!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Pop is incredible IMHO. So so underrated. I daydream though how they could have done it up like the remixes they put on the second 'best of' set though. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Pop is incredible IMHO. So so underrated. I daydream though how they could have done it up like the remixes they put on the second 'best of' set though. 
    Best B-side they've spun out is from Pop in my opinion as well- "North and South of the River" - brutally underrated but those were the times. Nobody wanted that U2 in 1997. 
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    2nd favorite U2 album! So underappreciated by the masses.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,116
    Yah I really liked it, then after the backlash, they kind of started making standard fare rock albums... the experimenting ended :(
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,493
    Made some research on my town Mike but i find nothing..sorry..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Is pop u2's no code?
  • Options

23scidoo said:
    Made some research on my town Mike but i find nothing..sorry..
    Thank you!  I'll find them one day.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    mcgruff10 said:
    Is pop u2's no code?

Zooropa/Pop definitely.  We've taken over your thread McGruff but it is getting you some bumps.  I hope you find what you are looking for.

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,718
    Anyone down to rate u2 albums here? Haha. We'll keep this on page one for Mcgruff

1. Achtung Baby
    2. Joshua Tree
    3. The Unforgettable Fire 
    4. ATYCLB
    5. Boy
    6. Songs of Innocence 
    7. Pop 
    8. War 
    9. R&H
    10. No Line 
    11. Atomic Bomb 
    12.  Zooropa
    13. October 

after 4 it was harder than I thought! 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Is pop u2's no code?

Zooropa/Pop definitely.  We've taken over your thread McGruff but it is getting you some bumps.  I hope you find what you are looking for.

It's all good!  I love talking music!  I have an original war arriving tomorrow.  I'm pumped!
  • Options

nicknyr15 said:
    Anyone down to rate u2 albums here? Haha. We'll keep this on page one for Mcgruff

1. Achtung Baby
    2. Joshua Tree
    3. The Unforgettable Fire 
    4. ATYCLB
    5. Boy
    6. Songs of Innocence 
    7. Pop 
    8. War 
    9. R&H
    10. No Line 
    11. Atomic Bomb 
    12.  Zooropa
    13. October 

after 4 it was harder than I thought! 
    Not a bad list at all.  I'd go:
    1.  Joshua Tree    2.  Achtung Baby     3.  Rattle and Hum   4.  ATYCLB   5.  War   6.  Atomic Bomb   7.  Zooropa   8.  Unforgettable Fire  
    9.  No Line   10.  Pop   11.  Songs of Innocence   12.  Boy    13.  October
  • Options
    1. Joshua Tree 2. Unforgettable Fire 3. Boy 4. Achtung Baby 5. Zooropa 6. War 7. ATYCLB 8. Pop  9.  HTDAAB  10. Songs of Innocence 11.  Rattle & Hum 12. October  13. NLOTH

I happen to like and consider Passengers an U2 album - Your Blue Room is a top 5 U2 song for me - though would put that probably #12.