The most powerful performance yet.

Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,857
This has to be the most powerful performance of Black to date. Filled with a ton of emotion this performance left everything out on the stage! Truly one of the toughest losses to overcome. We lost a real pioneer and legend. Comeback! 

https://youtu.be/IfmKAkVfvgA

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Wow.
    Which show was that?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Yep. Best version ever IMO
    rip Chris Cornell
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,857
    Wow.
    Which show was that?
    Firenze Rocks. Florence. 
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    edited July 2017
    Ray J. T. said:
    This has to be the most powerful performance of Black to date. Filled with a ton of emotion this performance left everything out on the stage! Truly one of the toughest losses to overcome. We lost a real pioneer and legend. Comeback! 

https://youtu.be/IfmKAkVfvgA
    Beautiful. Thanks for posting this.
    Post edited by rummy on
  • EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    Very, very powerful performance of Black. 
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,360
    It's great and shocking it's not yet pulled. But needle and damage done and imagine on that first night are to me better. The way he can't say junkie is excruciating. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Wow.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    I was watching on my phone and my wife only could hear it, didn't know when it was from and she asked me to turn it off because it was making her hurt.  (She has 1992 reasons for Black being painful)
    When I explained the significance of this play she said she could hear the pain in Ed's voice.
    So powerful.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    Front row for this show and the emotions Eddie showed up close were unreal. You could tell the pain he is still struggling with regarding Chris's passing. I go back and forth on this version and Taormina night 2 with which I liked better and I can't decide. They are both great for different reasons. 
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    I was there.. I didn't think a version of Black without Mikey soloing through it could be my favorite.. but after listening to it, and been in tears (for the first time in my life due to a fuckin song, you know, I'm a tough guy, ahah).. well, now it is.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Great stuff. Has any video of Ed doing Bad popped up?
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    edited July 2017
    nicknyr15 said:
    Great stuff. Has any video of Ed doing Bad popped up?
    Video, I don't know..
    but every 2017 show of Ed (to date) is out there in audio format.. most of them sound good, some are incredibly good sounding (the two Taormina shows are nearly SBD quality.)  I'm thinking about making a custom box set of the whole european tour.
    Post edited by Jammalambo on
  • RideTheWave93RideTheWave93 UK Posts: 210
    RS65573 said:
    It's great and shocking it's not yet pulled. But needle and damage done and imagine on that first night are to me better. The way he can't say junkie is excruciating. 

I don't think any of the YouTube content will be pulled it was a festival and guessing it's more uncontrollable for him, as apposed to his own organised shows. All of his content from other shows were pulled pretty much straight up from YouTube, but these are still laying around. Someone's obviously keeping tabs!
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    edited July 2017
    Amazing. Glad we got to see and hear that.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    That was so raw and beautiful. When Eddie broke down singing "come back" at the end I burst into tears
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • theebradnesstheebradness Quincy, IL originally from Weymouth, MA Posts: 278
    I love crying at my desk at work. 
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
    This version has now been added to Pandora's rotation! 
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    i wish there was around sicily version.to watch...was crazy.....strings really played solo part.....song ended  and crowd took over claping and singing tururutu tururu  for 3 min and then eddie and strings start playing again the song....unreal..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    edited July 2017
    i wish there was around sicily version.to watch...was crazy.....strings really played solo part.....song ended  and crowd took over claping and singing tururutu tururu  for 3 min and then eddie and strings start playing again the song....unreal..
    Here you go bud! Enjoy @dimitrispearljam

https://youtu.be/CpUHLp-DG5s
    Post edited by Ray J. T. on
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    Ray J. T. said:

Needs the extended version for full effect. Loved when he picked the guitar back up.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Ray J. T. said:

yeah,.,i know,,.but its not the end there that fans tour over,..that was the epic pare!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    finally got to watch/hear this for the first time.  gave me goosebumps
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD