Options

Poll--The Weakest Link: Rearviewmirror (Sides A & B), Finals

MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
edited June 2017 in The Porch
We are continuing to evaluate LP #1 from the Greatest Hits release Rearviewmirror.
We will get a winner from each LP and those 4 will compete to find the Ultimate Champion..

So far for LP 1:
Dissident and Jeremy eliminated Round 1
Once and Even Flow eliminated in Round 2
State Of Love And Trust and Go eliminated in Semi-Finals

For anyone new to the game:
You are going to pick the song that you think is the "Weakest Link" after 2 days I remove the two (2) songs with the most votes.
We will then move on to Round 4 and the Finals. - Remember you are voting to eliminate songs from contention.

Poll will close on Sunday, 7/2 at 7:00pm cst

Poll--The Weakest Link: Rearviewmirror (Sides A & B), Finals 86 votes

Alive
30%
my_waveNewJPagereleaseNYreisgerichtPurex37ryph raphlolobuggNamicutzPA JammerSmellymanGern BlanstenFrancioudot30YardenMedozKFlyingwmayerdALauxaurelgugus 26 votes
Animal
69%
jeffbrmcgruff10igotid88HebejebeAndySlashbootlegger10Force Of Naturetunodamaigoldrushmfc2006dannyIndifference71BrainofBGAJimmyVForiginal Sinjoberschlake-Buru-pjrussRP112579giventofly69 60 votes

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,918
    Animal
    Easiest decision in a while, and I love Animal.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Alive
    Animal, by far, my favorite song.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,623
    Animal
    I love Animal but Alive takes this for me.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Animal
    Let's get it right this time! Landslide coming...
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    edited June 2017
    Animal
    I absolutely love "Animal" - it's one of the best PJ songs ever recorded. Unfortunately, it's up against "Alive" - arguably the greatest PJ song ever.
    Post edited by rummy on
  • Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    Animal
    I absolutely love Animal. It was the first snippet of music I'd heard from Vs. during some MTV News brief back in the day. I don't think I've ever been more excited for an album's release since. Waiting in line to buy it, then playing Vs. a little after midnight on October 19th, 1993 will always be one of my fondest memories. What Alive means to the entirety of the Pearl Jam universe makes it the single most important song in the PJ catalog, however. 
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718
    Animal
    Both greats but had to go with the one that made me a fan in the first place.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    pearljam1809pearljam1809 Posts: 863
    brianlux said:
    Both greats but had to go with the one that made me a fan in the first place.
    this
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    It's going to hurt, voting against Animal. I'll just leave that for later, after a few drinks. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Animal
    It's going to hurt, voting against Animal. I'll just leave that for later, after a few drinks. 
    Drunk yet? ;-)
  • Options
    We need a tour. If these polls continue we erode just like Pearl Jam has.  Voting off the hits......WTF.
  • Options
    Alive
    We need a tour. If these polls continue we erode just like Pearl Jam has.  Voting off the hits......WTF.
    I guess we can end it here then.
  • Options
    rummy said:
    Drunk yet? ;-)
    Not drunk enough 
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,428
    Alive
    Man, i fucked up with my vote. Oh well.
  • Options
    Animal
    MedozK said:
    I guess we can end it here then.
    No. No. No.

Back at the turn of the century/millennium when Pearl Jam became a little less popular, did they quit? Of course not! They stayed true to their loyal fan base and are now RNR Hall of Famers!

Stay the course MedozK. You're doing just fine!

• Options
    Just checking......

No, not enough vodka yet.  
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011
    Animal
    Animal is such a fantastic song. Alive is phenomenal though so.....

• Options
    Animal
    Just checking......

No, not enough vodka yet.  
    :lol:

Tomorrow morning, don't forget-- plenty of water, ibuprofen, coffee or, as a last result, a bloody Mary!

Cheers!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    AponeApone Posts: 578
    Animal
    Almost impossible to choose 
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,881
    Animal
    animal is a great song, one of the greatest!  However alive could possibly be their best song lol.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    Animal
    Go would've had a chance to upset Alive.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    Maybe I just shouldn't vote? It's not like the race is close anyway. It feels like my civic duty, though. 
  • Options
    whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 737
    Alive
    Voting against the grain rather than abstaining. Much like last round, it's tough but justifiable no matter what you do. Alive might be the greatest song ever, by anyone, anywhere. But Animal is more me. 
  • Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    Animal
    This tournament has reminded me of how awesome RVM really is. I hate that Epic reissued it as one of their Essential Series. It does a huge disservice to the packaging. I understand why they did, but it was a perfect release and at the time, sparked interest in the band and got them some new fans. I'll never forget walking into a Guitar Center and hearing it being played by people that were normally into much heavier music. 
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    Animal
    This tournament has reminded me of how awesome RVM really is. I hate that Epic reissued it as one of their Essential Series. It does a huge disservice to the packaging. I understand why they did, but it was a perfect release and at the time, sparked interest in the band and got them some new fans. I'll never forget walking into a Guitar Center and hearing it being played by people that were normally into much heavier music. 
    Yes, RVM is such a great anthology.  And even though it's a collection and not a regular album, I once listed it on another site as one of my all-time favorite records.  Someone responded with, "Are you kidding?", and I replied, "Why would I kid about that?!"

• Options
    RideTheWave93RideTheWave93 UK Posts: 210
    Animal
    My rose tinted spectacles are out in full force here, can't vote for Alive no way!
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Animal
    Looking forwards to the next round of songs.
    I guess this will be done for all the songs on RVM and then there'll be a "final four" with the four winners?
    Assuming so, awesome! (Again, don't let the low "attendance" get you down.)
  • Options
    Alive
    And the winner for LP 1, Alive.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,881
    Animal
    MedozK said:
    And the winner for LP 1, Alive.
    Can't argue with that one!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Animal
    rummy said:
    Looking forwards to the next round of songs.
    I guess this will be done for all the songs on RVM and then there'll be a "final four" with the four winners?
    Assuming so, awesome! (Again, don't let the low "attendance" get you down.)

I really should read the opening comments in the thread, shouldn't I!?!?
This discussion has been closed.