Comments

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:
    rgambs said:
    tbergs said:
    rgambs said:
    I am not on board with the vegan insanity of calling things cheese when they are not cheese.

I love how everyone venerates the hotdog like it some precious commodity ruined by ketchup lol
    It's junk!  It's not even meat!  It's little bits of gristle ground and bound.

I don't know that it's insanity. It's just the best way to describe the taste and texture.

Yeah, hot dogs are disgusting, but there are obviously significant differences in quality.
    Cheese substitute is acceptable to me.  That's what it is.  It is not cheese.

I enjoy hotdogs as much as the next guy, but it's not some quality piece of meat that is ruined by any particular condiment.
    Don't put ketchup or relish on a steak, chop, or roast, sure, but you can't ruin a scrapmeat tubesteak with a condiment.  It's a silly idea and I reject the premise altogether, especially when it's proponents accept ketchup on a higher quality meat and bun combo, the hamburger.  There's no rhyme or reason, just dogma.

Maybe there needs to be a thread for food rules.
    From the obvious and inviolable: Don't put ketchup on a filet!
    To the silly and meritless: Don't put ketchup on a hotdog.
    You are choosing to view it as a substitute for something due to your food preferences. I'm going to wager that you also then don't like anything besides cow milk being called milk? You food segregationist!
    :lol:

Well rgambs, I for one have really been intrigued and amused by how torn up you've been over the fact that ketchup doesn't belong on a hotdog, hahaha, so I really hope you do start a food rules thread!! :)
    PJ_Soul said:
    tbergs said:
    rgambs said:
    tbergs said:
    rgambs said:
    I am not on board with the vegan insanity of calling things cheese when they are not cheese.

I love how everyone venerates the hotdog like it some precious commodity ruined by ketchup lol

I don't know that it's insanity. It's just the best way to describe the taste and texture.

Yeah, hot dogs are disgusting, but there are obviously significant differences in quality.

I enjoy hotdogs as much as the next guy, but it's not some quality piece of meat that is ruined by any particular condiment.
    Don't put ketchup or relish on a steak, chop, or roast, sure, but you can't ruin a scrapmeat tubesteak with a condiment.  It's a silly idea and I reject the premise altogether, especially when it's proponents accept ketchup on a higher quality meat and bun combo, the hamburger.  There's no rhyme or reason, just dogma.

You are choosing to view it as a substitute for something due to your food preferences. I'm going to wager that you also then don't like anything besides cow milk being called milk? You food segregationist!
    :lol:

Well rgambs, I for one have really been intrigued and amused by how torn up you've been over the fact that ketchup doesn't belong on a hotdog, hahaha, so I really hope you do start a food rules thread!! :)
    It wouldn't gain any traction, my rants and ravings turn people away quite hastily lol

I'm fine with hijacking this thread occasionally, it suits me just fine :)
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    rgambs said:
    tbergs said:
    rgambs said:

Ok, not cheese substitute.
    Non-dairy imitation cheese.
    It is an imitation, there's no doubt about that.

I am equal opportunity with dairy...cow, goat, sheep, water buffalo, even human.  They are all milk and I would eat cheese made from any of them!
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,841
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Interesting list.  Three are close, will have to check out at some point.
    Worth noting that this list is one guy's opinion.  He could have shit taste in pizza.
    I thought a number of them looked amazing though.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Interesting list.  Three are close, will have to check out at some point.
    Worth noting that this list is one guy's opinion.  He could have shit taste in pizza.
    I thought a number of them looked amazing though.
    Yeah definitely one guy's opinion but it s a pretty cool list. 
  • Options
    What is left of two plains and a white pie. Nonno's pizzeria.  Howell,nj.  Delish!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    My wife likes white pies as well.  Those look good.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,977
    mcgruff10 said:
    What is left of two plains and a white pie. Nonno's pizzeria.  Howell,nj.  Delish!
    Cook that crust a little bit longer and that is a very nice looking pie!
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Is the crust supposed to be burnt or something?
    That looks perfectly golden crispy.
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I don't think it's supposed to be burned...i'm thinking that's only coal oven pizza.
  • Options
    I've never had a coal fired pizza.
    I grew up in a coal-furnace house and part of me thinks "why the fuck would you cook anything over those acrid nasty ass flames" and part of me thinks "it will taste like childhood".

Someday I'll come across one and try it out.
  • Options
    My wife said she wanted to get something at a shop in haddonfield so I suggested going to Angelo's, a place from that list.
    Excellent.  Had the upside-down jawn shown in the article.  Simple and very strong.  If they delivered to me it might make a strong spot.
  • Options
    My wife said she wanted to get something at a shop in haddonfield so I suggested going to Angelo's, a place from that list.
    Excellent.  Had the upside-down jawn shown in the article.  Simple and very strong.  If they delivered to me it might make a strong spot.
    That s awesome!!! Any pictures?
  • Options
    No I was handling the little one and forgot.   Meant to take a pic and share.
    It looked like the pic in the article.  They make a killer pork sandwich as well.
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I'm a fan of a nice well done crust so a little darker for me please.  That is very good looking pizza though.
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I'm a fan of a nice well done crust so a little darker for me please.  That is very good looking pizza though.
    Gotcha, I thought maybe it was another pizza rule.
    I like a bit of char sometines as well, it introduces a bitter component that can be nice.
    Better overcooked than undercooked!
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Gotcha, I thought maybe it was another pizza rule.
    I like a bit of char sometines as well, it introduces a bitter component that can be nice.
    Better overcooked than undercooked!
    So when you are ordering a pie during a storm or a friday night the pizza parlors will crank them out a little earlier than they should and the results are not as tasty.

So I am a fan of asking for my pie "well done".
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    So sarcones deli closed a couple days ago and I think this place is going in there. Good?
  • Options
    Yeah they are going to open a location in the Sarcones spot.  They are going to keep the Haddonfield location open as well.  
    Suggest the upside-down pie.  They used a bunch of different cheeses and the sauce is over the cheese, which allows you to taste the sauce without going crazy and putting too much sauce.  Excellent stuff.  
    Their pork sandwich was tits as well, just ate the rest of it for dinner.  
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    Yeah they are going to open a location in the Sarcones spot.  They are going to keep the Haddonfield location open as well.  
    Suggest the upside-down pie.  They used a bunch of different cheeses and the sauce is over the cheese, which allows you to taste the sauce without going crazy and putting too much sauce.  Excellent stuff.  
    Good stuff. Will check back to this when it opens 
  • Options
    Is this near cherry hill?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Haddonfield, so yes...one town over. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Haddonfield, so yes...one town over. 
    Yeah I never heard of that town. So a little over An hour for me. 
  • Options
    Very nice little town.  Old village sorta feel.  Pricey, especially for the old-ass home options. 
    I know you don't go to Philly a lot but it would be a good stop on the way if you did.
  • Options
    We are right in the process of moving.

Of course, that means we are ordering in and eating out a ton given the lack of time and/or will to cook anything decent.

And of course... that means pizza. I've had it twice the last three nights. We rarely go for chain pizza. We like the mom and pop shops that need your order to pay their bills. So. Damn. Good.

Geezuz... why can't pizza be healthy? I remember the days when, coming home from the bar you could slam a large pizza, go directly to bed, and wake up never missing a beat. Those days aren't my reality any more.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Thirty, that's not pizza...that's age - trust me =)

And, what's not healthy about pizza?  Meets most of the food groups in glorious if not self-convincing ways.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

And, what's not healthy about pizza?  Meets most of the food groups in glorious if not self-convincing ways.
    Lol

I tell myself that too! Breads, dairy, vegetables, meats... all four food groups.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Lol

I tell myself that too! Breads, dairy, vegetables, meats... all four food groups.
    Del,
    Where are you moving to?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    hedonist said:

Lol

Del,
    Where are you moving to?
    Same town. We are downsizing. We are striving for simplicity.

I am done with yard work and big house.