The Pizza Thread

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    And...if I had to say goodbye to any of those four foods, I would burgers.
    Tacos (good tacos, not like the ones pictured) are so versatile...and not a fucking chance I go without wings.  
    Love burgers but would pick pizza over them.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    A quick dinner tonight

Oh damn that looks amazing.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,551
    Not bad, crust a bit thick for my ideal but great sauce and cheese.  Just greasy enough, too.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,925
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    This thread has been a little quiet lately...

Ranch dressing
    I can’t do ranch or blue cheese. Yuck. I got food poisoning from a batch of wings from Applebee’s and remember the blue cheese smell all too well while vomiting for 12 hours. Yuck. 
    Damn, that sucks! I love blue cheese but I have gotten some bad batches before, and it’s certainly not fun. I never dip the wings in the blue cheese though, the wing has to stand on its own. Celery & blue cheese is the “cool down” snack.
    100% agree. Beer is my cool down snack, not blue cheese. 

If I eat real spicy wings, beer just makes it worse for me. I love blue cheese but it doesn’t cool the burn either. Only water, milk and time do the trick. 
    edited September 2018
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

Ranch dressing
    I can’t do ranch or blue cheese. Yuck. I got food poisoning from a batch of wings from Applebee’s and remember the blue cheese smell all too well while vomiting for 12 hours. Yuck. 
    Damn, that sucks! I love blue cheese but I have gotten some bad batches before, and it’s certainly not fun. I never dip the wings in the blue cheese though, the wing has to stand on its own. Celery & blue cheese is the “cool down” snack.

If I eat real spicy wings, beer just makes it worse for me. I love blue cheese but it doesn’t cool the burn either. Only water, milk and time do the trick. 
    Embrace the pain.  I will try water but I would almost prefer to drink a cup of warm piss over a cup of milk.
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

Ranch dressing

Embrace the pain.  I will try water but I would almost prefer to drink a cup of warm piss over a cup of milk.
    Lol. I don’t actually drink milk when I eat wings but I hear it does the trick. Milk and wings...no me gusta. 
    Milk and anything NOT called cereal. Yuck.
    And yes, on Hot Ones they always have milk there.  
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,415
    Dairy contains the protein casein, a compound which attracts to fats, such as capsaicin oils found in spicy foods. Casein binds with the capsaicin molecules on your tongue and helps wash it all away.  Water and beer, while they offer a brief cooling effect, aren’t good at washing away the burn. Because oil and water don’t mix, they actually help spread the capsaicin oils around, making the pain worse before you just naturally cool down.
    While I think drinking milk with wings isn’t a tasteful pairing, a white russian is a good alternative. The alcohol content is higher than in beer, and higher alcohol content will help dissolve the capsaicin better, and you have the casein from the cream. 
    Caucasian and wings?
    Interesting
    Caucasian and wings?
    Interesting
    I usually just stick to beer because I enjoy the heat. But it’s a good alternative to drinking a glass of straight up milk to help with the cool down.
    Not sure if I could drink a glass of milk w/o puking.  Just not my bag.
    That said, I can't deal with the spice level you eat at.  I love the shit but it hurts.

I would miss burgers 

Asked my family and they all said wings 

• Pizza is the last one of those four I'd give up.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    It would be a tough choice for me but I’d probably go with burgers as well - if I HAD to choose, which I’m glad I don’t.  I have wings, tacos, & pizza each just about every week. I don’t have a burger every week but I will go thru phases where I’ll have like 8 in a month. But then I’ll take a couple months break from them. I would definitely miss them though if I gave them up!
    Pizza is the last one of those four I'd give up.
    Absolutely!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,348
    Greeley Colorado’s voted best 8 years running, not bad.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Wings.

Detroit style.
    I have no idea if that was “Detroit style.” I know I drank two steins of beer that were each about a foot tall.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Wobbie said:
    I have no idea if that was “Detroit style.” I know I drank two steins of beer that were each about a foot tall.
    :how_interesting:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    ^ Lot of NY in the top 10 there. Notice Lou’s in the 3 spot. Damn...I know what I’m having for dinner tonight. 
    bbiggs said:
    ^ Lot of NY in the top 10 there. Notice Lou’s in the 3 spot. Damn...I know what I’m having for dinner tonight. 
    I ate at number 3!!!  Lots of north east places on there.  ;)
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    I ate at number 3!!!  Lots of north east places on there.  ;)
    I noticed that. No surprise. Actually the one that looked the best to me was in NJ. I’ll go back in and check the number. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    looks like 8, 9 and 10 all have the crunchy pepperoni. I love that.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    And because of that article we are now getting pizza tonight for dinner. Oh yeah. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    And because of that article we are now getting pizza tonight for dinner. Oh yeah. 
    Exactly. My wife texted me and asked what we should do for dinner. I gave a one word reply...pizza. 

Geez, dude! My pizza tonight’s gonna feel like Tombstone compared to that spread! 
    bbiggs said:
    Geez, dude! My pizza tonight’s gonna feel like Tombstone compared to that spread! 
    I have a nice ipa that I will be sharing in another thread.