Options

The Pizza Thread

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Holy shit, the amount of gas and toilet time after having Lou s.....wtf?!  My god.  My own gas just gagged me.  
    Geezuz you're a lightweight.

What a tuff talker: a freaking Camaro with a Pinto engine.

New York guy goes to Chicago and the pizza there bests him. Sheesh.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    You can't expect a cheese, sauce, and sausage bomb not to be a cheese, sauce, and sausage bomb explosion when you mix the ingredients in a pressure cooker full of acid.
    Great foods require sacrifice sometimes.  
    Anyone who's had a Skyline 5-Way knows what I mean, for sure.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,206
    rgambs said:
    You can't expect a cheese, sauce, and sausage bomb not to be a cheese, sauce, and sausage bomb explosion when you mix the ingredients in a pressure cooker full of acid.
    Amen! I didn’t have any issues. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    rgambs said:
    I do agree...and this is why I suggested eating 1-2 pieces of the personal pan pie.  
    It tasted fucking great when I ate it but it nuked my system on a hot day 

Skyline is the shit, but you know when you eat chili what is likely to happen! 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    rgambs said:
    I do agree...and this is why I suggested eating 1-2 pieces of the personal pan pie.  

You end up eating more chili? Ha!  (That's what I do, at least).
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    rgambs said:

You end up eating more chili? Ha!  (That's what I do, at least).
    If at Skyline, possibly.  Spaghetti, chili, cheese, onions, and beans....that is a powerful foe.
    Shit is delicious, though.  I would never order one knowing it is sweltering hot out and I wanted to walk around the city for hours...this is what I order when I know I am going to be hanging near a clean bathroom.
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596

Jealous! Portillo's is the shit!
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    Yeah, I'm jealous of that hot dog, lol. I think deep dish pizza is overrated, but Chicago style hotdogs aren't. They are definitely the superior style of hotdog, right down to the poppy seed buns.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yeah, I'm jealous of that hot dog, lol. I think deep dish pizza is overrated, but Chicago style hotdogs aren't. They are definitely the superior style of hotdog, right down to the poppy seed buns.
    I can't stand it when places serve it on a regular bun instead of poppy seed. Quit being cheap! When I order a Chicago dog, I want ALL of it. Even the tomatoes!
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Pizza night. Pepperoni, kale and onion. Didn’t have chili flakes and chopped up some Chile de Arbol peppers for the sauce. Woo! It’s a Spicy one.
    Post edited by H.Chinaski on
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    ^ god damn that looks good. The dough especially. I like spicy stuff so it sounds perfect 
  • Options
  • Options
    I want to try a slice of that one!
  • Options
    Open a damn shop already, will ya?!!
    Actually kind of a pipe dream is to move to New Zealand and open a pie shop or start a taco truck. My GF is from NZ so it's sort of a possibility.
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    ^ god damn that looks good. The dough especially. I like spicy stuff so it sounds perfect 
    I want to try a slice of that one!
    Thanks guys! It was pretty damn good though not sure i'd use the chile de arbol's again. They have more a latin flavor and more heat than what i'd typically like on pizza. Dough was a knock out tonight! 
  • Options
    ^ Speaking of more heat than what I like on pizza, after Wrigley 1 I walked over to Yak-Zies for some wings and a pie. I let my buddy order (foolishly) and he gets us a buffalo chicken pizza. I love wings and all things buffalo sauce, but I have to say, it was a little much. Absolutely zero tomato sauce, but drenched with buffalo sauce. Not my first choice, but I still devoured it like it was the last food on Earth. 
  • Options
    ^ Oh, and non-pizza related, I made up for it after Wrigley 2 by going for a gyro in Greektown. Holy F was it good. Hadn’t had a gyro in ages. Now this week I’m eating nothing but lettuce to make up for my weekend indulgence. ;)
  • Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    Long time lurker, 1st time posting. I ate at Pizzeria Bebu between Wrigley shows. Noone mentioned it on the Chicago thread but I was pleasantly surprised. Pic stolen from the interwebs. One question for @mcgruff10, you seem to almost always go plain cheese, is that personal preference? A NJ thing? 
  • Options
    Cheese is classic!
    That's a good looking pie on one half.  What is on the other?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    I don't like busy pies so we usually just go with plain.  Although after I got home the other night my parents left us sausage and pepper pie and it was great.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Cheese is classic!
    panna, wild forest mushrooms, roasted garlic, ricotta, pecorino, aged balsamic
  • Options
    RK50065 said:
    Long time lurker, 1st time posting. I ate at Pizzeria Bebu between Wrigley shows. Noone mentioned it on the Chicago thread but I was pleasantly surprised. Pic stolen from the interwebs. One question for @mcgruff10, you seem to almost always go plain cheese, is that personal preference? A NJ thing? 
    I'll have to check that place out next time I'm in Chitown.  Good looking pies on their menu!
  • Options
    ^Plus, it is a block away from Off Color Brewing.
  • Options
    RK50065 said:
    Cheese is classic!
    I teresting.  Would not order one of first times at a place (want to try ones I know I love) but I would be interested in eating that.
    I like all of those ingredients!
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,465
    edited August 2018
    RK50065 said:
    Cheese is classic!
    I thought a pecorino was an animal. :confounded:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    Pocono, Pennsylvania pizza.  Kids like it, that’s all that is important. 

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    mcgruff10 said:
    Pocono, Pennsylvania pizza.  Kids like it, that’s all that is important. 

It's not orange enough for their dad. =)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,470
    Can pizza pockets be included in this thread?
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options

(I dont like his dough handling but everything else gets a chuckle or a thumbs up.  Finished product looks great.)

• Options
    BLACK35 said:
    Can pizza pockets be included in this thread?
    Of course. The spotlight shines not just on the traditional pie.