The Pizza Thread

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Scallops look great -- and fresh are soooo good.

Wheat pasta is sacrilege.  :lol:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473

Know what's really good, is that Catelli Smart pasta. It is semolina pasta with oat hull fiber and inulin, tastes and feels exactly the same as the regular kind, but is much more nutritious, like the whole wheat kind. I feel like they shouldn't even make the regular kind at all when the Smart kind is possible. Why have one unhealthy option, and an otherwise identical healthier option? Why give people the choice when all other things are equal?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    PJ_Soul said:

Know what's really good, is that Catelli Smart pasta. It is semolina pasta with oat hull fiber and inulin, tastes and feels exactly the same as the regular kind, but is much more nutritious, like the whole wheat kind. I feel like they shouldn't even make the regular kind at all when the Smart kind is possible. Why have one unhealthy option, and an otherwise identical healthier option? Why give people the choice when all other things are equal?
    This is the kind of pasta we buy, it's great and we both find that we aren't bloated aftercare done eating 
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    LOu ssssss.  Two slices and I want to puke.  

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Nice! “2 slices and you want to puke,” as in your extremely full from the deliciousness you just experienced? Or “2 slices and you want to puke” as in you thought it was gross? Lol
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Hahahaha.  You can thank me later!
    was just going to come here and ask about some pizza updates now that everyone has had a chance to be there for a couple days
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    Hay market bar in the West Loop of Chicago. Ricotta and chorizo pizza. Nice spot if your around.
    Interesting
    bbiggs said:
    Nice! “2 slices and you want to puke,” as in your extremely full from the deliciousness you just experienced? Or “2 slices and you want to puke” as in you thought it was gross? Lol
    Soooooo full.  I absolutely loved the butter crust and sauce.  It was really some good pie.  After I had a bite or two I picked that slice up with my hands and held it; no knife and fork baby.  Great pick guys. 
  • mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Soooooo full.  I absolutely loved the butter crust and sauce.  It was really some good pie.  After I had a bite or two I picked that slice up with my hands and held it; no knife and fork baby.  Great pick guys. 

My gawd it looks great.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Kick ass! Glad you liked it. Did you get sausage? 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    We split the small plain (as recommended by the waiter) after splitting a Caesar salad.  
    How the hell isnt everyone 400 lbs in the Midwest?!
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    We split the small plain (as recommended by the waiter) after splitting a Caesar salad.  
    Right?

mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    They are. ;)
    They need the bulk up for those Windy City winters! :lol:
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    Tried Lou’s tonight, forgot to take pics. Got the classic with the sausage and butter crust, holy fuck that was good! The sauce, the sausage, the crust, the extra cheese. Wow. 

Also had a hot dog, an Italian beef and a chocolate cake shake from Portillo’s on Saturday, all of which were awesome, particularly the Italian beef! Sunday morning we hat donuts and a bomb ass fried chicken sandwich from Do-Rite Donuts, someone on one of the Chicago threads in the Porch mentioned it and the yelp reviews agreed so we tried it and it did not disappoint. 

So far the food in the city is getting an easy 10/10 from my uncle and I. 

^ You nailed it with your food selections. Glad you enjoyed!
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Really glad to see some deep-dish love around here!
    I've never had Lou's, but quality is quality and delicious is delicious.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    Holy shit, the amount of gas and toilet time after having Lou s.....wtf?!  My god.  My own gas just gagged me.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    Holy shit, the amount of gas and toilet time after having Lou s.....wtf?!  My god.  My own gas just gagged me.  
    Should be fun for your neighbours tonight lol
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    mcgruff10 said:
    Lol. It doesn’t affect me that way. Maybe I have an iron stomach from years of eating the shit though. Looks like F Me’s “dropping a Lou” warning should have been taken seriously. 
    RiotZact said:
    Tried Lou’s tonight, forgot to take pics. Got the classic with the sausage and butter crust, holy fuck that was good! The sauce, the sausage, the crust, the extra cheese. Wow. 

Also had a hot dog, an Italian beef and a chocolate cake shake from Portillo’s on Saturday, all of which were awesome, particularly the Italian beef! Sunday morning we hat donuts and a bomb ass fried chicken sandwich from Do-Rite Donuts, someone on one of the Chicago threads in the Porch mentioned it and the yelp reviews agreed so we tried it and it did not disappoint. 

So far the food in the city is getting an easy 10/10 from my uncle and I. 

Good stuff right there!  You got most of the Chicago checklist down in just a few spots (good ones, I might add).  If you're feeling adventurous, roll on down to the South Side and get a "mother-in-law" at Johnny O's.  Great breakfast sandwiches there, too.  Red line to Sox/35th and head west about a mile.
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Lol. It doesn’t affect me that way. Maybe I have an iron stomach from years of eating the shit though. Looks like F Me’s “dropping a Lou” warning should have been taken seriously. 
    Hahahaha!  It doesn't affect me that way either. :i_dunno:
    Wanted to get Italian Beef for brunch today but all the best places seem to be too far away from our hotel downtown, but I found this Italian Pizzeria/deli called Bongiorno’s right next to trump tower, fucking awesome sandwich, pizza and everything else looked amazing too. Highly recommend giving this place a stop. 
    That looks amazing zack!!
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I love food - in all seriousness, this warning was given.  :)
    One last food stop before heading back to O’hare, lemon pistachio donut from Do-Rite. Good shit. On the blue line to the airport now. Thank you Chicago for an amazing 3 days!