Options

The Pizza Thread

Comments

• Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    That sounds like a mix of my 2 favourite types of food. We have a great restaurant in Dublin actually called Mexico To Rome, which serves both.
    I've been wanting to try Paulie's. Have you been there yet? The pizza looks authentic Napoli style.
    I usually get a drunk slice at Difontaine's when I'm in town.
  • Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    Yeah. Well, within a couple of hours. Everyone lives close to Dublin in Ireland. The longest drive you can do in the country is just over 8 hours like.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,877
    Yeah. Well, within a couple of hours. Everyone lives close to Dublin in Ireland. The longest drive you can do in the country is just over 8 hours like.
    Definitely!  I only asked because I stayed in Galway and enjoyed it better than Dublin.  I also went up in connemarra to fish and hike and spent some time above the border in bush mills and the the giants causeway.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    mcgruff10 said:
    Definitely!  I only asked because I stayed in Galway and enjoyed it better than Dublin.  I also went up in connemarra to fish and hike and spent some time above the border in bush mills and the the giants causeway.  
    If you're ever back in Galway give me a shout and I'll meet you for a beer and show you some decent pizza.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Please do not ever speak of disgusting ass ketchup in my pizza thread ever again.  What are you guys, 5 years old?  Come on!  Ketchup is for children.  The adults are speaking here.

My thread, my rule. :wink:
  • Options
    My girlfriend is from Connemara. If any of y'all are ever in Ireland again don't hesitate to reach out and we can have a Ten Club get together definitely.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    Please do not ever speak of disgusting ass ketchup in my pizza thread ever again.  What are you guys, 5 years old?  Come on!  Ketchup is for children.  The adults are speaking here.

god damn canadians.  what's next, maple syrup on your pizza?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Ketchup (Heinz specifically) is actually known as a complete flavor food with all 5 flavor elements in balance.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,623
    Sauce is getting saucy.  Dough is next.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Ketchup (Heinz specifically) is actually known as a complete flavor food with all 5 flavor elements in balance.

Scruffy throws a can of mushrooms into a pot of ketchup and calls it marinara. Then proceeds to tell everyone in the thread that as an Italian American (he's really Irish)... he's the King of Kensington.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Ketchup pizza has its place in the world.

• Options
    The garbage would be that place.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Scruffy throws a can of mushrooms into a pot of ketchup and calls it marinara. Then proceeds to tell everyone in the thread that as an Italian American (he's really Irish)... he's the King of Kensington.
    Whoa whoa!  I have never claimed to make sauce, that would be my wife. You tell her that she uses ketchup for sauce and she might throw a bottle of prosecco at your head. 
    Most disgusting meal I ever had was snowboarding in st. Anton Austria.  I ordered a plate of spaghetti and the cook broke out a Heinz bottle and poured it all over the pasta.  I was so hungry I somehow managed to keep it down but oh man was it a struggle!
  • Options
    I only ever eat ketchup on something if there's no way out of it. Fuck THAT shit!
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

Whoa whoa!  I have never claimed to make sauce, that would be my wife. You tell her that she uses ketchup for sauce and she might throw a bottle of prosecco at your head. 
    Most disgusting meal I ever had was snowboarding in st. Anton Austria.  I ordered a plate of spaghetti and the cook broke out a Heinz bottle and poured it all over the pasta.  I was so hungry I somehow managed to keep it down but oh man was it a struggle!

You're a better man than I.

I only eat ketchup on my hashbrowns with lots of pepper. That's it. It's the only situation in my life where I use it.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

You're a better man than I.

I only eat ketchup on my hashbrowns with lots of pepper. That's it. It's the only situation in my life where I use it.
    I don’t but ketchup on anything. I m a sweet baby ray s bbq sauce fan. 

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,623
    Out of the oven!
    3 year old's

Wife's:

Mine:

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Wow...F Me...those look great! Your 3 year old may have found his/her calling. Black olive on pizza is some good stuff! 
  • Options
    I know this is the pizza thread, so I apologize for getting off topic, but we’ve sort of made it a food thread of sorts. Check out the potato-shaped meat creations. They’re called bacon bombs (aka cholesterol bombs lol). It’s a meatball with cheddar cheese in the middle, wrapped in bacon. This was my first time having them and thought some here might appreciate it.  One of the tastiest heart attacks on a plate I’ve ever had.

• Options
    bbiggs said:
    I know this is the pizza thread, so I apologize for getting off topic, but we’ve sort of made it a food thread of sorts. Check out the potato-shaped meat creations. They’re called bacon bombs (aka cholesterol bombs lol). It’s a meatball with cheddar cheese in the middle, wrapped in bacon. This was my first time having them and thought some here might appreciate it.  One of the tastiest heart attacks on a plate I’ve ever had.

bbiggs said:

Did you have a defibrillator with you just in case?!  Damn they look good!
    Brett, awesome pizzas!
  • Options
    Del,
    Going to a bbq today at my in laws.  I shall toast you and your reflux as I consume pasta with red sauce ;)
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,469
    bbiggs said:

Feel like Imshould make these this afternoon, look so good
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Del,
    Going to a bbq today at my in laws.  I shall toast you and your reflux as I consume pasta with red sauce ;)
    Hahaha that's not a BBQ!?
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Del,
    That's only one small portion of the bbq gambs!! lol

• Options
    Bacon bombs....drool!
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Del,

Cheers!

Remember... medium rare... not charcoal black. And for gawds sakes... keep your fingers out of your nose when manning the grill.
  • Options
    BLACK35 said:
    bbiggs said:

Feel like Imshould make these this afternoon, look so good
    They were extremely good. The little round things were mushrooms stuffed with Italian sausage. We also had some Romanian meat I’ve never had called “meesh” (not sure of spelling). It was lamb, pork and beef, kind of like a bite-size football shape, with a lot of garlic. Real good. Now I’m planning what kind of salads I’ll be eating all week. Lol 
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:

bbiggs said:

Did you have a defibrillator with you just in case?!  Damn they look good!
    Brett, awesome pizzas!
    Oh I thought the defibrillator was coming out! Not from the food but from the hour long game of long distance monkey in the middle the kids suckered me into playing. Lol. Good times 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Del,

mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Del,

Smoked meats with bbq sauce, Mac salad, Cole slaw, baked beans, and...spaghetti.
    Lol

I kid, there's nothing better than a smorg with a little bit of everything.
    I'll take a taste of every continent when given the chance.
  • Options
    What comes from Antarctica?  I would be interested to taste.  Only continent I would guess most haven't eaten from....
    That Aaedvark sauce I shared yesterday is delicious.  I wimped out on the last dab sauce so far.  Lol

Don't want it to ruin the badass steaks and potatoes I'm cooking up later.