Options

The Pizza Thread

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    Beach pizza from the grocery. Not bad for grocery store pie. Vodka doesn’t hurt either??

the new guy
    Looks good!  Svedka or absolut?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    That's Svedka
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    That's Svedka
    Yeah that s what I thought. I went Tito s with club and pineapple last night and am definitely feeling the effect so this morning lol. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Jeremiah Weed until the handle was done.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Cape Cod Cafe frozen pizza is better than any pizzeria around here. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    odd little fact I found on nj.com today:
    3rd in pizza parlors

On a per person basis, only West Virginia and Delaware have more pizza parlors than New Jersey, according to estately.com.

Both Delaware and New Jersey have large tourist-laden beach towns with boardwalks, but West Virginia? Go figure. 

As for the most pizza-deprived state, it's Hawaii.

• Options
    I would trade never having pizza again for Hawaii living. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    ^ Interesting. Never would have guessed WV. Funny story about Hawaii pizza. We went to Maui for our honeymoon in ‘09. For the first week or so of our trip we were eating nothing but fish and Hawaiian fare. The next night, while trying to decide what to do for dinner, we stumbled upon a pizza place in Lahaina and had zero expectations, but I needed some “regular” food. We go in, sit at the bar, order a beer, start talking with the bartender and come to discover the owner is from Chicago. Needless to say, that may have been the best pizza I’ve ever had. It was the real deal when I expected nothing but crap for pizza in Hawaii. Haven’t been back since, but hope it’s still there if we ever make it back. 
  • Options
    We went to a decent pizza place in Princeville, Kauai. I can't remember the place, but as a traveller who has frequented Hawaii... I can vouch for the reliability of Scruffy's findings.

Dankind... did you live in Hawaii? Do tell.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    mcgruff10 said:
    Beach pizza from the grocery. Not bad for grocery store pie. Vodka doesn’t hurt either??

the new guy
    Looks good!  Svedka or absolut?
    Personally I think as Svedka is the best cheap vodka. I get Tito’s when I go out but Svedka is the way to go with a mixer, my mixer of choice H2O but that’s me.

tNG

• Options
    NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454

dankind said:
     Come on?? That’s bullshit.
  • Options

dankind said:
    He wound't last one week on hawaii, that is complete horse shit dan.

Come to think of it I can't even remember a pizza joint when I was in Oahu (now it makes sense).

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:

dankind said:

Come to think of it I can't even remember a pizza joint when I was in Oahu (now it makes sense).

It might be a little bit bullshit, seeing as how I’ve never even stepped foot in Hawaii.

But I would trade never having pizza again for the mental construct I have built of Hawaii as an endless summer type of paradise. 

Honestly, we get pizza once a week for family movie night, and I usually order something else or make myself some ramen noodles or something because (except for one place) the pizza just isn’t good here. So in a sense, I gave up pizza (mostly; and bagels completely) the day we moved out of Brooklyn. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    I think Hawaii is the prettiest place I have ever visited. I d move there in a heartbeat. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    I think Hawaii is the prettiest place I have ever visited. I d move there in a heartbeat. 
    I agree Mike. I haven’t been all over the world by any means, but Maui was hands down the most beautiful place on earth Ive visited. 
  • Options
    dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:

dankind said:

It might be a little bit bullshit, seeing as how I’ve never even stepped foot in Hawaii.

But I would trade never having pizza again for the mental construct I have built of Hawaii as an endless summer type of paradise. 

Honestly, we get pizza once a week for family movie night, and I usually order something else or make myself some ramen noodles or something because (except for one place) the pizza just isn’t good here. So in a sense, I gave up pizza (mostly; and bagels completely) the day we moved out of Brooklyn. 

Oh...

I never read your first post very well. I'd trade pizza for Hawaii living as well.

I'll be honest... I looked into acquiring US citizenship and moving to Kauai I love it there so much. When I say looked... I really looked. The US doesn't want people though. Maybe some of you Americans can talk to someone and make an exception for me? I'll even buy a gun if I have to lol. 

This is the first year in many we (the family) never went. We've been to Maui 2X, Oahu 1X, and Kauai 4X.

Princeville is our favourite place (I placed a photo of a sunset from our deck in the sunset thread). There's a fresh fish market that we'd stop at every 2 of 3 days to purchase catch of the day and eat. Surfing in Hanalei is about as awesome as it gets. Snorkelling in Maui (Kihei) was fabulous. Beaches on all islands were great.

I could go on. I'd live there for sure.
  • Options
    Del what island is princeville on? 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Kauai 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Kauai 
    I got to get there. Hopefully my wife and I are going for our ten year anniversary. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Kauai 
    I got to get there. Hopefully my wife and I are going for our ten year anniversary. 

Out of this world!
  • Options
    I got to my niece s bday party late.  Soooo good. One of five different pies. Spanos pizzA
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Are those dollops of sauce or peppers?  If sauce, yum!  I'm not big on cheesy crust in general, though that looks well-baked.

And actually, I prefer the 2:1 sauce-to-cheese ratio.
  • Options
    It is sauce. Good as hell. 
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    Are those dollops of sauce or peppers?  If sauce, yum!  I'm not big on cheesy crust in general, though that looks well-baked.

You saucy minx!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Better that than a cheesy minx =)
  • Options
    That looks damn good. Kind of like a pizza bread. Now I’m hungry! 
  • Options
    hedonist said:

you like 2:1 in favor of more sauce? If so, I 100% agree. Too much cheese ruins a pie for me. Heavy sauce is perfection. 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    hedonist said:

you like 2:1 in favor of more sauce? If so, I 100% agree. Too much cheese ruins a pie for me. Heavy sauce is perfection. 
    Hell yeah!  Thin or thick consistency, as long as it's flavorful.
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    bbiggs said:
    hedonist said:

Hell yeah!  Thin or thick consistency, as long as it's flavorful.
    Abso-friggin-lutely! 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    That looks damn good. Kind of like a pizza bread. Now I’m hungry! 
    Grandma pie.