Options

The Pizza Thread

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I also love Chicago style thin crust pizzas!
  • Options
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,619
    Hahaha.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,874
    rgambs said:
    See, I told you @Thoughts_Arrive!
    The New York Pizza Snob Department does not tolerate variance. 
    Apologies will not be accepted lol
    Since Ohio is pretty much in the middle of New York and Chicago, are you guys more thin crust or deep dish?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I live in Australia. I want to try a Chicago style deep dish. Looks so good.
    It is even better than it looks. Don’t let these think-they-know-it-all New Yorkers try to convince you otherwise. They're not the World Pizza Council. :lol:

It is not good! It's a gooey mess.

Signed,
    Really does know it all Victorian
    I'm a Victorian too. 
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    rgambs said:
    Who do they think they are, huh?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    Since Ohio is pretty much in the middle of New York and Chicago, are you guys more thin crust or deep dish?
    Oh, it's glorious.
    We have every style of pizza imaginable!  
    Of course, so do Chicago and New York lol

No, the honest truth is that chain pizza dominates much of the state, but I'm not above a nice greasy slice of pizza hut.
    There's no way to tell what kind of pizza you are getting at a local place until you try it.  
    Ohio isn't a Mecca for anything, but it is like a bazaar where you can get anything.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Unfortunately I don’t have much for good pizza where I live either. I mean, it’s hard for pizza to be truly “bad” but I feel the options around here are all about the same. Nothing stands out as great amongst the rest. We have a lot of Pizza Huts, a couple Papa Johns, a Dominos, & a Little Caesars. The rest is mom & pop shops that all serve pretty much the same thing because they get their shit from the same distributor.
    The one restaurant that everyone raves about locally is as mediocre as the rest, in my opinion. They just have a wider selection of “gourmet” toppings, it’s wood fired, & they cost a lot more, so everyone thinks they’re the best. But I’ve had much better almost any time I’ve been out of town.
  • Options
    Found a place online in Dublin called Cotto that looks to have some pretty tasty pies.

Any of our Irish 10 Clubbers been there?

http://wwww.cotto.ie
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    Making home made pizza tonight. Yummmm - can't wait!

i hope my basil survived the recent frost/snow, though. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,458
    Making home made pizza tonight. Yummmm - can't wait!

i hope my basil survived the recent frost/snow, though. 

canadian bacon?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Posted this in the food thread: pizza I had in Brooklyn last night.  Easily one of the best pies I have ever had.  

• Options
    good god! :tired_face:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Posted this in the food thread: pizza I had in Brooklyn last night.  Easily one of the best pies I have ever had.  

Burnt. Poor disbursement of ingredients. That box of scrap wood looks like it might feature tastier items.

Aaaaand... it looks like you have plenty of forks underneath it to couple with your knife and go at it.

Poser.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    The only thing more pompous than a NY pizza snob is a Brooklyn pizza snob.

Having said that, though, they are correct.

Chicago-style is poop on a plate.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    mcgruff10 said:

Burnt. Poor disbursement of ingredients. That box of scrap wood looks like it might feature tastier items.

Aaaaand... it looks like you have plenty of forks underneath it to couple with your knife and go at it.

Poser.
    burnt?  you are crazy lol.
    You know you are jealous.
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Poser.
    Lol when something turns black, it's safe to say it's burnt!
    You can like burnt pizza, that's fine with me (although the NYPSD might attack you).

I don't mind a little char, but that's too much for me, the bitterness would only be acceptable to my pallette of the sauce is too sweet.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    Mmm.  Looks wild. The pesto is good on there, I take it?
    Love the seed crust idea.  Gonna steal that.
    Yeah, sesame seeds on the crust is the best! It is the main reason my go-to place is my go-to place.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Poser.
    You can like burnt pizza, that's fine with me (although the NYPSD might attack you).

I don't mind a little char, but that's too much for me, the bitterness would only be acceptable to my pallette of the sauce is too sweet.
    trust me bud it wasn't burnt in any way.  
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Poser.

I agree, it's a little much. I enjoy a touch of char as well, but those are some huge hunks of charcoal there. Also, the crust is too thick. Did they just put topping on a loaf of bread? =)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,619
    I thought it looked grinding. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Honestly, it is a little too burnt, but it doesn't look that bad at all. I just like it when people trash other people's proud pizza photos. :lol:
  • Options
    I would eat around the burnt part.....and then probably get to the burnt part at the end.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    I would eat around the burnt part.....and then probably get to the burnt part at the end.
    I would piss EVERYBODY off by dipping the burnt part in ranch dressing lol
  • Options
    :naughty:
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Poser.

I agree, it's a little much. I enjoy a touch of char as well, but those are some huge hunks of charcoal there. Also, the crust is too thick. Did they just put topping on a loaf of bread? =)
    I must have took a bad picture because the crust wasn't thick at all. There was about 20 pies sitting there and of course I take a picture of the one with a little char on it lol. Trust me, the pizza was amazing. 
    Ranch dressing?!
  • Options
    Had an excellent pie at the movie theatre tonight with prosciutto, tomato, & basil. Couldn’t take a pic because phones are strictly prohibited in the theatre. 
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Poser.

Yes.

It's tough to tell from photos sometimes, but if I was forced to choose between Scruffy's charred remnants and, say, a can of Chef Boyardee ravioli... I might choose the ravioli (even uncooked- straight from the can).

You gotta remember... Scruffy gets hammered sometimes. He'll slop back anything and think it's delicious. Maybe that's what happened here? I dunno.
    "My brain's a good brain!"