Options

The Pizza Thread

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Somebody's husband scarfed down the leftovers last night :blush:
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,622
    hedonist said:
    I know I said I was stuffed but by the time I was over somewhere like Ohio I wanted a few more slices!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    @F Me 

Bone marrow is one of my favs!

Anybody enjoy a good Abondigas soup?  For whatever reason it doesn't exist here in NY.

Anybody know a spot?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,622
    @F Me 

Bone marrow is one of my favs!

Anybody enjoy a good Abondigas soup?  For whatever reason it doesn't exist here in NY.

Anybody know a spot?
    Answered the Soup q in the Food Thread.
    Bone Marrow is wonderful!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,534
    edited October 2017
    I'm not a super big fan of chicken on pizza. I still eat it when my goofy buddies order it, but they seem to enjoy it much more than me.

I'm not knocking anyone for eating it- just indicating my preference in case anyone wanted to email me a pizza.
    Ditto. Not a fan. It's just not really flavourful enough I think. It's hunks of meat on a pizza, which I guess is great for protein intake and filling you up, but I don't think chicken adds anything to a pizza as far as great taste goes. Not compared to other meat that goes on pizza.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,877
    edited October 2017
    seaseme seed crust, Pesto sauce and then the usual. Three time national and state winner. Yum.  Esposito s: manasquan, nj. 
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Mmm.  Looks wild. The pesto is good on there, I take it?
    Love the seed crust idea.  Gonna steal that.
  • Options
    Pesto was awesome!!!
  • Options

The seasame crust made it!  Here s some other pies they make with that crust:

• Options
    OK, so the date finally came for a meet up with 1 of the good friends from these boards @ Pizzeria Mozza in LA.  Made reservations as soon as we could (30 days out) and enjoyed it very much yesterday.
    Will put the apps on here as well, at least what was left before I remembered to take a few pics.

Verdict on the pizza?  it is not what most of us in America think of as pizza...but this was some of the best pizza ever.  Ingredients were amazing but we both agreed that the kicker was the crust.  A-m-a-zing.  Just crispy enough, a little puffy on the outside with just the right amount of char on the bottom.  Damn this shit was good.

Went with what our waitress suggested after discussing what we might be most down for after reading the menu.  (It all looked good!)

Meatballs al forno -- simple, but excellent.  Sorry, the forno is already gone when the pic was snapped, lol.

Bone marrow (three pieces) al forno.  (Both marrow and forno gone...served with roasted garlic, sea salt and some microgreens.  Seriously, this is heart attack food but was so good!)

Aglio e Olio w/mozzarella & fontina.  We originally were going to go a Margarita & a Prosciutto.  Waitress, wisely so, suggested that we vary our order a bit more.  This was excellent -- the flavor and smell was pretty crazy.  (Crazy/good)

The Prosciutto di Parma, Rucola, Tomato & Mozzarella.
    I would roll around in this and weigh 800 pounds if I thought I would live through it.  For sure a top 10 pizza, for me.  Got this last and even though I knew I wanted to take a pic, I waited until trying. 

Multiple beers & some wine was enjoyed as well.

Great friend, great food, great pizza!  Strongly recommend.  Pizzeria Mozza -- thumbs up!

Bone marrow. Wow.

It seems oddly out of place (the pizzas look great- especially the waitress's recommendation).

My father is a fan, but for some reason I can't bring myself to suck it back. I commend you for doing so.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Lol

It sounds like this guy has game. Not every guy can pull this off. There's the actual fridge extraction-reheat-mow down-without alerting anyone maneuver. Then there's the repercussions in the morning.

Advanced training necessary.
  • Options
    Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited October 2017
    I always give the kids I coach a lesson in pizza management.

I tell them to listen up and listen good because it will be the best lesson they have ever received.

I offer one scenario where the pizza is winding down with three buddies going after it. I use an illustration to depict four pieces left- biggest to smallest. I ask them, "You have just finished your slice and you're going in for your selection... what do you do?"

They inevitably say, "Pick the biggest one!"

I take a really serious tone and cry, "No. No you don't. You gotta read the room. You need to see where other guys are on their slice. And you need to do this prior to finishing so you have a plan when you get that last bite in your mouth."

After having them assess the others... I tell them to go for the 'smallest' piece. Reason why? They'll get it down before the others get their's down and they'll be able to procure the fourth piece for themselves- ultimately getting more pizza than the biggest one could have offered them.

It's a question of pacing.

Of course... we go over other factors such as cheese distribution and etiquette (eg. do not allow non crust eaters).
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,469
    I always give the kids I coach a lesson in pizza management.

I tell them to listen up and listen good because it will be the best lesson they have ever received.

I offer one scenario where the pizza is winding down with three buddies going after it. I use an illustration to depict four pieces left- biggest to smallest. I ask them, "You have just finished your slice and you're going in for your selection... what do you do?"

They inevitably say, "Pick the biggest one!"

I take a really serious tone and cry, "No. No you don't. You gotta read the room. You need to see where other guys are on their slice. And you need to do this prior to finishing so you have a plan when you get that last bite in your mouth."

After having them assess the others... I tell them to go for the 'smallest' piece. Reason why? They'll get it down before the others get their's down and they'll be able to procure the fourth piece for themselves- ultimately getting more pizza than the biggest one could have offered them.

It's a question of pacing.

Of course... we go over other factors such as cheese distribution and etiquette (eg. do not allow non crust eaters).
    Great advise wise one!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    Pizza Strategies 101, courtesy of Professor Thirty =)
  • Options
    I'm just trying to make a difference people!
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I live in Australia. I want to try a Chicago style deep dish. Looks so good.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Ssssssshhhhhh!
    You can't talk like that around here, the NYPSD will have your ass!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    Ssssssshhhhhh!
    That is a fucking cake, not a pizza. 
    :lol:
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    rgambs said:
    Ssssssshhhhhh!
    That is a fucking cake, not a pizza. 
    Shit cake.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Yesterday ordered during football.  For a standard delivery pie, it was pretty good.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Also ordered a panzarotti.
    They have those in other places?

• Options
    Almost like a calzone?  If so, that I've had.
  • Options
    Similar, but different.  Had never had one until I moved ta Jersey.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    It is even better than it looks. Don’t let these think-they-know-it-all New Yorkers try to convince you otherwise. They're not the World Pizza Council. :lol:
  • Options
    It is even better than it looks. Don’t let these think-they-know-it-all New Yorkers try to convince you otherwise. They're not the World Pizza Council. :lol:
    This is true, the WPC rejected my application.  Told me I was a know it all doofus from NJ.  :lol:

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826

It is not good! It's a gooey mess.

Signed,
    Really does know it all Victorian
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    That's like saying you want to try a cheeseburger but instead you order a slice of meatloaf.  
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    See, I told you @Thoughts_Arrive!
    The New York Pizza Snob Department does not tolerate variance. 
    Apologies will not be accepted lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Chicago Deep Dish Pies are real things.  Real people eat them & enjoy them!

Just please do not call them Pizzas.  ;)
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418