Options

The Pizza Thread

Comments

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    Must not look at this thread while hungry

Must not look at this thread while hungry

Must not look at this thread while hungry...
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

BEFORE:

Are those chicken breasts on the pizza?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,874

BEFORE:

Looks like prosciutto bud. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options

BEFORE:

lol, this guy.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,619
    Mcgruff10 hits it out of the park.  (With the pizza and with the prosciutto call)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

We’ll see....
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    dankind said:

We’ll see....
    Image result for were waiting gif
  • Options
    Pancetta, grilled chicken, smoked jalapeños and Mike’s hot honey.

It had a nice kick to it, but the chicken weighed it down a little too much for me. This is the only place I’ve found up here—that is, outside of Santarpio’s and OG Regina’s—that knows how to make a good crust, though. I decided to get a specialty pie because the plain pies are just pathetic.

Heading to Brooklyn in a week, and you can bet your ass, I’m going to eat some real fucking pizza!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    "Mike's hot honey"?

Alright, sir :whistle:
  • Options
    Hobbes said:
    dankind said:

We’ll see....
    Image result for were waiting gif

Lol

This is awesome. I'm using it.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    dankind said:
    Pancetta, grilled chicken, smoked jalapeños and Mike’s hot honey.

It had a nice kick to it, but the chicken weighed it down a little too much for me. This is the only place I’ve found up here—that is, outside of Santarpio’s and OG Regina’s—that knows how to make a good crust, though. I decided to get a specialty pie because the plain pies are just pathetic.

Heading to Brooklyn in a week, and you can bet your ass, I’m going to eat some real fucking pizza!
    Mmm... sounds good. The crust looks delicious.

I guess you'll be blowing this thread up in a week.
  • Options
    I'm not a super big fan of chicken on pizza. I still eat it when my goofy buddies order it, but they seem to enjoy it much more than me.

I'm not knocking anyone for eating it- just indicating my preference in case anyone wanted to email me a pizza.
  • Options
    Almost every time I open this thread I regret it, because I start craving good pizza, big time.

Not tonight! I have tandoori chicken roasting in the oven and it smells delicious.

Tomorrow I'll want pizza again.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,619
    I like jalapenos on pizza and pancetta is welcome on anything I eat.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    edited September 2017
    Mack and mancos for lunch today after a nice morning on the beach. That's good stuff
  • Options
    That the wife's favorite pizza.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    That the wife's favorite pizza.
    It's pretty friggen good
  • Options
    Pizza tonight for me. Homemade, including hot peppers, basil, and rosemary harvested from pots on my deck. 
  • Options
    Pizza tonight for me. Homemade, including hot peppers, basil, and rosemary harvested from pots on my deck. 
    Picture please.

Cue Ted Knight.
  • Options
    Mmmmmm mmmmm mmmmmm, but my pizza was good. A little bit of traditional mozzarella, a bit of soft buffalo mozzarella, a bit of good quality 24 month aged parmigiano reggiano, along with my fresh peppers and herbs as above, and some thinly sliced gypsy salami.  And the best part is, I get leftovers for tonight!
  • Options
    Yummo!  No tomatoes or sauce though?
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    Yummo!  No tomatoes or sauce though?

Oh, yes! Didn't mention the sauce as I thought it was a given, but now I remember that some (misguided souls) enjoy those (godawful) white pizzas. Yes, there was spicy tomatoey goodness, and sliced San Marzano tomatoes on top.
  • Options
    *Yummo elevated!
  • Options
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    ^^^^GTFOOH
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    That s one nice margarita!  North end?
  • Options
    Juliana’s Brooklyn. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Juliana’s Brooklyn. 
    nice!!!!!
  • Options
    We recenty caught a new ep of the Pizza Show, where the host visited the places that he worked or by which he was inspired.  Both of us said "holy shit" almost simultaneously at one of the Brooklyn pizzerias.
  • Options
    OK, so the date finally came for a meet up with 1 of the good friends from these boards @ Pizzeria Mozza in LA.  Made reservations as soon as we could (30 days out) and enjoyed it very much yesterday.
    Will put the apps on here as well, at least what was left before I remembered to take a few pics.

Verdict on the pizza?  it is not what most of us in America think of as pizza...but this was some of the best pizza ever.  Ingredients were amazing but we both agreed that the kicker was the crust.  A-m-a-zing.  Just crispy enough, a little puffy on the outside with just the right amount of char on the bottom.  Damn this shit was good.

Went with what our waitress suggested after discussing what we might be most down for after reading the menu.  (It all looked good!)

Meatballs al forno -- simple, but excellent.  Sorry, the forno is already gone when the pic was snapped, lol.

Bone marrow (three pieces) al forno.  (Both marrow and forno gone...served with roasted garlic, sea salt and some microgreens.  Seriously, this is heart attack food but was so good!)

Aglio e Olio w/mozzarella & fontina.  We originally were going to go a Margarita & a Prosciutto.  Waitress, wisely so, suggested that we vary our order a bit more.  This was excellent -- the flavor and smell was pretty crazy.  (Crazy/good)

The Prosciutto di Parma, Rucola, Tomato & Mozzarella.
    I would roll around in this and weigh 800 pounds if I thought I would live through it.  For sure a top 10 pizza, for me.  Got this last and even though I knew I wanted to take a pic, I waited until trying. 

Multiple beers & some wine was enjoyed as well.

Great friend, great food, great pizza!  Strongly recommend.  Pizzeria Mozza -- thumbs up!