Options

The Pizza Thread

Comments

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    mcgruff10 said:
    hedonist said:
    Thirty, that's not pizza...that's age - trust me =)

And, what's not healthy about pizza?  Meets most of the food groups in glorious if not self-convincing ways.
    Lol

I tell myself that too! Breads, dairy, vegetables, meats... all four food groups.
    Del,
    Where are you moving to?
    Same town. We are downsizing. We are striving for simplicity.

I am done with yard work and big house.
    Hope it works out fabulously for you, and that you and yours are safely away from the fires. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    hedonist said:

And, what's not healthy about pizza?  Meets most of the food groups in glorious if not self-convincing ways.
    Lol

I tell myself that too! Breads, dairy, vegetables, meats... all four food groups.
    Del,
    Where are you moving to?

Hope it works out fabulously for you, and that you and yours are safely away from the fires. 
    You know what? It's almost to the point where it is getting out of control. This is crazy. We need rain in the worst way. I'm assuming it will all work out, but yikes.

Kamloops' air quality index is off the charts. 49. FORTY NINE. Wow. When you go outside it is like standing in the middle of a campfire.

But thank you very much for those well wishes (sincerely)! We're excited.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    Less than ten minutes from my house and I must say that it is great pizza!
    http://www.nj.com/jerseysbest/2017/08/pizzeria_in_the_middle_of_nowhere_wins_njs_best_pi.html
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Sweet!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mcgruff10 said:
    Less than ten minutes from my house and I must say that it is great pizza!
    http://www.nj.com/jerseysbest/2017/08/pizzeria_in_the_middle_of_nowhere_wins_njs_best_pi.html
    :joy:

It seems like the best of everything NJ is in their version of nowhere!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    NJ does have some 'middle of nowhere' places but that is not one of them. 
    BFE places do exist here, though.
  • Options
    In a relative way, for sure.  Lots of blueberries and black bears. 
    Still, anywhere in NJ you're only a stiff day or two hike from millions of people.
    There are national wilderness areas bigger than the entire state.

• Options
    That's probably a big exaggeration, it may take more than a day or two.
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Hobbes said:
    There is a new-ish place nearby that I must try. Pizza looks delizioso!

Finally got around to trying this last night. I'll snap a pic of my own next time. And there will most definitely be a next time... and a time after that... and another... and another... I opted for the Italian sausage and caramelized onions. Light on the toppings. Not too much sauce or cheese. Crust was thin and slightly burnt from the wood oven. They use fantastic ingredients and the flavors were well balanced. My, oh my, what a wonderful pie!
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Pie-O-My!

• Options
    rgambs said:
    In a relative way, for sure.  Lots of blueberries and black bears. 
    Still, anywhere in NJ you're only a stiff day or two hike from millions of people.
    There are national wilderness areas bigger than the entire state.

true but there are some spots in nj where you would think you are somewhere in alaska.  the pine barrens and stokes state forest come to mind.  1/3 of nj is preserved, 1/3 is developed and the other 1/3 is up for grabs.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited August 2017
    mcgruff10 said:
    hedonist said:

Lol

Del,
    Where are you moving to?

You know what? It's almost to the point where it is getting out of control. This is crazy. We need rain in the worst way. I'm assuming it will all work out, but yikes.

Kamloops' air quality index is off the charts. 49. FORTY NINE. Wow. When you go outside it is like standing in the middle of a campfire.

But thank you very much for those well wishes (sincerely)! We're excited.
    Yeah, it sucks man - I feel terrible for everyone living in the interior. If I lived there I would be constantly paranoid. The problem of wildfires in BC is obviously exploding. I have lived in metro Vancouver for 41 years, and we have NEVER had smoke blocking out the sun for days on end here as a result of interior wildfires.... until now. This is the second summer in 3 years when we have had a thick layer of smoke from all the forest fires hanging over us. Right now we're just getting back our shadows - we didn't have any last week at all, even though there wasn't a cloud in the sky. I'm thinking this is going to be a regular thing now, as the province burns down. It is very depressing. I'm thinking people should start buying property way up on the north coast now, before the prices skyrocket because of the inevitable migration up there to escape the worsening heat and drought.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    I  LOVE pizza!

Pizza, pizza, pizza!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Wood fired pizza has a new meaning in the Interior..automatic smokey flavour comin'atcha...
  • Options
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Why do so many people post these photos of orange pizza? What is that, cheddar? Or sauce on top of the cheese? I've never seen a pizza that looks like that in person in my whole life. Unless that's just browned mozza and it look orange in photos?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Why do so many people post these photos of orange pizza? What is that, cheddar? Or sauce on top of the cheese? I've never seen a pizza that looks like that in person in my whole life. Unless that's just browned mozza and it look orange in photos?
    That s the real deal Allie! Cheddar?!?! There s no cheddar on that pizza. That s called grease. :)
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    That s the real deal Allie! Cheddar?!?! There s no cheddar on that pizza. That s called grease. :)
    But why is it orange?? I mean, if that is all grease, those pizzas are way too greasy! I've had a lot of pizzas in my time, and they are never orange. :lol:
  • Options
    You ve never had real pizza before. ;)
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    You ve never had real pizza before. ;)
    :angry:
  • Options
    Agree - that is a beautiful pizza!
    I've been liking the squares of late. Could pick either one, they both look great.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Honestly I think it is a combination of the cooked mozzarella and grease. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    It's definitely the grease from the meat! 

The best pizza is the gooey pizza- when you pull your piece from the pie and mozzarella stretches in numerous threads so you have to use your finger to twirl it onto your slice.

Gawd pizza is good.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    It's definitely the grease from the meat! 

The best pizza is the gooey pizza- when you pull your piece from the pie and mozzarella stretches in numerous threads so you have to use your finger to twirl it onto your slice.

Gawd pizza is good.
    Heck yes it is!
  • Options
    Oh hell...Viceland is running the Brooklyn episode of The Pizza Show right now.

First up, Roberta's.  Doesn't seem like your typical pie but looks amazing as hell.

DK!!! :hug:
  • Options
    hedonist said:

First up, Roberta's.  Doesn't seem like your typical pie but looks amazing as hell.

great episode!
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    hedonist said:

great episode!
    Oh my lord, I can smell it in my head.  The second place (can't recall the name) was even more wow-y.  It's undeniable when any kind of food is made with love and passion, and the desire to share it with others.

The host:  Where else can you smoke a cigar and play bocce? (while playing bocce with a bunch of old-school Brooklynites)
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Had pizza from another new-to-me place last night. Looked so damn good (and I was famished) that I forgot to take pictures. I dug some up online though:

Oh yeah, baby! Fucking delicious!

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    Hobbes said:
    Had pizza from another new-to-me place last night. Looked so damn good (and I was famished) that I forgot to take pictures. I dug some up online though:

Oh yeah, baby! Fucking delicious!

That margherita pie looks awesome.
  • Options
    Holy shit those look great