Ed question

2»

Comments

• Human TideHuman Tide Posts: 313
    This is awesome. I love how Matt adds the drums as he destroys the guitar.
  • NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    RS65573 said:
    I used to say ed shouldn't play but back in like 96 because it took 2% of his focus/chaos away. 

Then, I've read, he felt like being a singer wasn't noble. So he really fucking buckled down and became a musician. I believe I read he went to Pete for lessons. From 2000 after the tour to 2002 at the wiltern was it he was just poof amazing. And now it enhances the experience and doesn't distract him. 

I saw U2 yesterday and they sure sound perfect live, but not the emotion and fire we get from ed. 0 spontaneity. 

I forget what does jagger, plant, bono play again? Ed is a goddam anomaly...now. 
    Plant plays the harmonica. I think Bono plays some guitar. Jagger plays with himself.
  • green_girlgreen_girl Posts: 931
    mcgruff10 said:
    The only song I dislike ed on is porch.....no reason for ed on this one.  I think mike and stone did fine with this one for the first 15 years. 
    When Ed plays Porch at his solo shows, it's amazing. It's as good as if the entire band was there. If you hear it, you will change your mind.

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mcgruff10 said:
    The only song I dislike ed on is porch.....no reason for ed on this one.  I think mike and stone did fine with this one for the first 15 years. 
    When Ed plays Porch at his solo shows, it's amazing. It's as good as if the entire band was there. If you hear it, you will change your mind.

100% agree that ed playing porch Solo is awesome.  I was talking full band. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......